Western Union London / money fraud

1 Gubbay Halls, Trent Park Campus, Bramley Road, N14 4YZLondon, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 07511602429

Dear Sir/Madam,
After looking so long online for a Western Union Complaint office or contacts to someone who can help, I came across your website and I am hoping you could help me.

i have been subject to money fraud by western union, i transferred a great sum of money to my cousin who was with me on the day I transferred the money and we wanted to collect the money instantly which was not possible as she didn't have the passport on her. we went the following day to collect the money and we were informed it was 'picked up' by someone else ! after hours of trying out different western union branches where our transacation number was deemed invalid, the customer service lady said that it happens in the UK that people use fake IDs to collect money and that since only the two of us have the transaction information it is most likely to be an internal fraud .

I called the customer service in Dublin and they said that they will open an investigation, to see who 'picked up' the money instead of the original receiver and of course tried to deviate from the 'refund'' option, which i am totally entitled to. its been a week now and i called them again today and they said that they still have no information yet about the money and that they need more time.

I will take the confirmation they sent that they had opened and investigation and go to the police so they could penetrate this issue because I really demand my money back. I am a student studying in london and i am living on a budget and i dont think i should suffer their passivenes and poor cooperation just because they failed to serve me properly.. it's completely their fault.

My refund should not take that long and it's really irritating me that they are not helping.

Any other tips???

Alia

Comments

25th of Aug, 2008

Dear Sir/Madam,

who ever that come's with this Id SMITH MURPHY to receive Money in where in london is a fraud star .

Sank williams

• De
      17th of Sep, 2008

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
    PLEASE THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS NOBLE SERVICE.

PLEASE IT IS ABOUT THREE MONTHS NOW THAT I WAS INTRODUCED TO A JOB OPPORTUNITY IN A HOTEL IN LONDON BY NAME GALLERY HOTEL LONDON BY A STUDENT NEIGHBOUR ADU BEN.

IT IS BELIEVE THAT THIS STUDENT ONLY RECIEVED THIS OFFER IN HIS E-MAIL BY A GENTLE MAN THAT CALLS HIM SELF GEORGE FRANKLY AND CLAIMS TO BE THE ASSISTANT MANAGER OF THE GALLERY HOTEL LONDON.

THE DETAILS OF THE MAN GEORGE FRANKLYN WHO CLAIMS TO BE THE ASSISTANT MANAGER OF THE GALLERY HOTEL LONDON ARE
    TELEPHONE: 00447045785071/00447031835854

NOW IN THE COURSE OF THE PROCESS OF THE DOCUMENTS FOR ME TO GET TO LONDON FOR THE JOB PROMISED ME IN THE HOTEL, HE MADE ME TO PAY SOME AMOUT OF MONEY TO CERTAIN PEOPLE THAT HE CLAIMED ARE OFFICIALS OF PARTICULAR INSTITUTIONS IN THE LONDON IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR AUTHORITY. ALL THESE MONIES WERE PAYED THROUGH WESTERN UNION IN TOGO BY ECOBANK.

THE DETAILS OF ALL THE TRANSACTIONS MADE ARE AS FOLLOWS.

FIRSTLY, I PAYED AN AMOUNT OF 90 GB POUNDS STELLING TO HAVANAH KEN MANDALAS (LONDON) LABOUR DEPARTMENT AS HE CLAIMED, THE SENDER, ADU BEN,
    MTCN, 443-090-0130, DATE & TIME, 04/08/2008 10:56:00, AGENT, ECOBANK TOGO, TOTAL,
    91545 CFA FRANC BCEA.

SECONDLY, I PAYED AN AMOUNT OF 105 GB POUNDS STELLING TO PATRICIA STEPHEN (LONDON) IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT AS SHE CLAIMED, THE SENDER, BEN ADU,
    MTCN, 204-098-7910, DATE & TIME, 11/08/2008 09:56:00, AGENT, ECOBANK TOGO,
    TOTAL, 105403 CFA FRANC BCEA.

LASTLY, I PAYED AN AMOUNT OF 316476 CFA FRANC BCEA TO BERTILLE GENEVIEVE TENDENG (SENEGAL) IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT AS SHE CLAIMED WAS A BRITISH IMMIGRATION OFFICIAL ON FORIGN TRIP, THE SENDER, ADU BEN,
    MTCN, 204-098-7910, DATE & TIME, 11/08/2008 09:56:00, AGENT, ECOBANK TOGO,
    TOTAL, 105403 CFA FRANC BCEA.

HOWEVER, AFTER HAVING MADE ALL THE PAYMENTS I ONLY REALISED I HAVE BEEN DEFRAUDED BECAUSE I NEVER SAW THE OPPORTUNITY PROMISED ME FOR WHICH I MADE ALL THE PAYMENTS AND NOW I HAVE BEEN INTRODUCED TO THIS SERVICE OF YOURS THAT I COULD BE ASSISTED WITH YOUR ADVANCE KNOWLEDGE TO IDENTIFY THE VERY PEOPLE INVOLVED IN DEFRAUDING ME THROUGH WESTERN UNION.

SO PLEASE I AM COUNTING ON YOUR TO KINDLY GRANT ME YOUR MERCY TO HELP ME FIND THESE VERY PEOPLE HAVE DEFRAUDED ME AND IF POSSIBLE RETRIEVE THE MONIES THAT I HAVE LOST TO THEM WHICH I BORROWED FROM
    CO-OPERATE AGENCIES BEFORE THEY TAKE ME TO COURT FOR POSSIBLE JAIL SINCE I CAN HAVE NO OTHER MEANS TO REFUND THE MONEY AS I HAVE BEEN DESAPOINTED WITH THE JOB OFFER MR GEORGE FRANKLYN PROMISED ME OF.

THANK YOUR VERY MUCH AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

YOURS FAITHFULY DEDZO GIDEON

• Ke
      25th of Sep, 2008

You are a big fool for allowing your fellow man defraud you, how can some one offered you job without you recieving a legal documents or confirming from their embassy in your country.

I can't be dumb like you

I'm Nigerian with intellectual behaviour.

### Off ###

• Ga
      6th of Nov, 2008

I agreed to buy something from a seller from the UK, he only accepts moneygram or western union. My deal with him is that I give him the mtcn# and Sender name, but did not give out the RECEIVER NAME. This is so that he can verify the funds are there, and ship the items. When I receive the items, I would change the receiver name to his name so that he could get the funds.
    I did this because I have called and verified with Western Union So many times that they do not give out receiver names, and that you would need identification to pick up the money. I also selected "next day" service when depositing my funds; i deposited my funds at 12:22after midnight. The funds were released at 10am in the morning my time. How is this next day service?

The funds were picked up. Question is: how does the seller know the receiver name? If he did by fraud or miracle, how did he pick up the money without identification?

Western Union security is truely garbage, they hate to admit they are wrong. I am worried I will not receive my funds back. The seller also has the audacity to tell me he did not pick it up, but either way after numerous emails to him. He has stopped replying.

Buyers: MAKE SURE you call and talk to the people you are sending money to. Make sure you have their verified phone number and address.

• In
      24th of Nov, 2008

A transfer of mine to London was also picked up by the wrong person, minutes before the right person wanted to do it, although nothing was right, not his address or ID, even my name was spelled wrongly. Invesitgation was promised, but I never heard of it again.

I have never used Western Union again. I.M.

• Mo
      24th of Nov, 2008

MR Nigerian with "intellectual Behavior" this is a site for people who has complaint and can give empathy!!a not a site for your very "precious "comment. Because an ### like you doesnt know what your talking about. Maybe it would be better if you can find a site who can accept a ###-negro like you!!!###!!!

• Su
      25th of Jun, 2009

hi every body i am v.k from indian now i am working in dubai my maid id is vinay_15683@yahoo.com i also paid total 700 pound to mr cole smith and mr westley paul for my visa registered so now i am confuce so pls any body u suggest me and give me reply by my mail my no 00971505334506

7th of Jul, 2009

la renommée mondiale de la WESTERNUNION ne l'est plus seulement dans un sens, elle est de plus en plus entachée par des bandits de grand chemin. Bandit qui compte sur la naïveté de leurs proies pour s'accaparer de leurs faibles économies. La WESTERUNION devient responsable., mais nous en sommes convaincus. Toutefois, elles devrait prendre des mesures plus ferme et collaborer en autre avec Le F.B.I.

olivarius46@lavache.com

7th of Jul, 2009

La déception !!!

• Pi
      12th of May, 2010
    Western Union London - Please assist
    South Africa

Please assist

I am a permanent resident in South Africa. This morning i received an email from unknown address, apparently the association call them Western Union London. They informed me that i have won a money to the amount of 60 000 US Dollars. Thus for me to claim the prize I need to provide them with my Banking Details. I am attempted to provide the details as i am in financial difficulties and have been listed to credit bearaux's and this money could really give me a financial relief.

Could any one advise if he/she ever won such money from the above mentioned sender and further advise if this is SCAM OR LEGITEMATE.

Your assistant to the above would highly appreciated.

• Us
      12th of May, 2010

Do not even borther reply back nor give them any of your detail as they are scam and fraudsters... be more careful guys with such emails...

• Ap
      9th of Jun, 2010

You had to have known that this was a scam ---- NO ONE gives out free money - Trust me - It is a scam to get your bank account and every dollar you put into that account will be monitored and stolen by an offshore account.

NEVER believe ANY company telling you that you won some large amount of money unless they walk up to your door with a large cardboard check or put the cash in your hand.

16th of Nov, 2010

I agree.Western Union security and investigations are a waste of time.They do little to tell anyone what they are looking for.They do not addmitt when there wrong and have made mistakes.They even have people working for them that have kept my money because a mistake they made, but wont addmitt they did anything wrong.

• Fa
      8th of Jun, 2011

To,
    Western Union.

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I have received many many email from scammers, who talk about Job etc.
    This is the person who say me, to pay him for job agreement letter, here is his information to received money, i want to say you this is the only time when you caught him, when he come to pick up the money.
    Remember i dount send him any money.

I request you please arrest him.

Here is his information given below.

Receiver name :: Joe Wilson
    State :: London
    City :: Clap Ham
    Zip code :: SW4 DWT

...

Hello
    I want you to know that i will receive the money by western union
    money transfer only this is the western union details you will pay the
    money to

Country :: United Kingdom

Awaiting your reply
    Joe Wilson & Family

• Mo
      5th of May, 2013

six years ago i lost 200000 saudi ryals in london for fake lottery claim, my monet sent by western union
    i informed metro politan police but they ignored me, the scammers won my money and i am still suffering
    becouse of fraud in london, the police in england will do nothing for scam victims and this is shame on police and couses bad reputation to british government.where is my money ???

• Er
      20th of Jan, 2014

Dear Sir (Western Union UK)
    I know so many scams proud money to western union from UK London for job seeker including me, can you please explain why the scam can be take money even they are not authorized as receiver from sender, i will be complain as bellows:
    1. why western union can not really check the original ID (passport, ID, Visa etc) before issued money to receiver
    2. why WU not check physic (face when receiver take the money and make sure he correct men/girls) and documents correct
    3. why WU can issued money to wrong receiver impact the false of document duplicated by scam
    4. can i refund the money to WU if WU fail to give to receiver with wrong receiver no direct on behalf of really receiver
    5. how to i have email and complain directly to WU with email and contact no. for my give some story impacts.
    6. can you advice to check the video or CCTV - when receiver take money to WU counter or bank in uk, i will give you date and time and MTVCN Number, that after i cross cross check to our local bank that the money was paid to receiver.
    7. Money already took by scam on 14 January 2014 by wrong receiver.