Western Union / theft of my money
I was victim of an online scam using Western Union in June this year. I was trying to rent a flat and the landlord asked me to send the monday to a friend using Western Union. I did, then send a picture of it to the landlord, who took my money. Western Union refuses to take any responsibility. The police says is WU´s responsibility to contact them and they cant help me. The Citizen Advice Bureau just told me I had to keep on sending letters to them and make a formal complaint procedure.
I have done all of this. " months later, I still don't have any news about my money. Has any of you been in a similar situation??? What did you do??? What else can I do??? I don't understand how can they refuse any responsibility in this when:
- I told the lady at the office why I was doing that with my money and she didn't say anything.
- It doesn't say anywhere that you should keep your number or receipt in secret
- They accept a fake id to give my money away.
More Western Union Complaints & Reviews
- Western Union - email scams 
- Western Union - declined money transfe - ridiculous reason 
- Western Union - banned from using service 
- For: Western Union Payment Service Malaysia - scam inheritance 
- Westerwestern Union& <infosignwesternunion.com - fake email 
- Western Union Financial Services - money transfer
- Western Union Financial Services - money order 
- Western Union Financial Services - money transfer to family and friends
- Western Union Financial Services - transfer of funds
- Western Union Financial Services - beneficiary