Western Dental / dear future wd patient

I used to work for western dental-unfortunately.
Let me begin by telling you guys about the way WD makes their money.

*WD has commercials. A lot of them. Airing all day long.
*WD has GREAT marketing.
*WD dentist want to open their own practice and need the experience and WD is the only place that hires them quickly.
WD has a high turnout rate with dentists. They Don't last!The only dentist with some experience is the MANAGING DENTIST who normally has a little more experience.
*WD makes their money from Medical patients. If medical EVER decides to not have a contract with WD anymore, WD will be out of business

I suggest that if you have insurance PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take your business to a dentist who works privately and is not incorp.

If you have ANY goverment aid Healthy Families, Medical etc) and HAVE to go to WD and dont have any other choice, I would suggest:
0) arrive on time
1)As soon as you come in through the door ask how long it will take,
2)Never wait more than 15 mins. if you have an appointment.
3)Always request a copy of your X-rays before you leave the office. You have a RIGHT to have those.
4)Take the x-rays and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get more than one opinion (by different dentist)
5)Be careful and make sure that UNLESS you are sure to let WD start your dental work and finish it, you sign ANYTHING!
6) Otherwise, don't agree/sign to anything, no other dentist will continue any work another dentist began.

*Note: WD cares about THE AMOUNT of patients it sees daily. And not how many people leave their office smiling.
After all if you're a patient with MEDICAL they already got a big chunk of money by them reported that you were there and took x-rays. Patients will always be JUST A NUMBER.

It's common sense people, WD cares about #'s!!! Not people! They're a COORPORATION!

Comments

• Ro
      9th of Nov, 2008

I had my braces taken off last year from western dental in fairfield Ca. Im not really satisfied with my teeth. I really have a good insurance, I should have gone to a private orthodontist. Now I have to get braces again because my teeth are not that straight. Unfortunately, I can only use my ortho insurance once... Can someone advise me?

• Mi
      16th of Jan, 2009

Western Dental has the WORST staff I have ever seen in my life. They never call you back when they say they will, they care more to talk to eachother about what clubs they go to and how many people they hook up with, why their baby daddy in jail etc...Every time I go in there, they are rude and unprofessional and worst of all, THEY LIE!!! People, if you are thinking of going to western dental, dont!!! I was told they sucked but I never believed it would happen to me and it did. Now I am stuck paying $1, 500 extra and having to wait and hour extra every time I need my bands fixed. Wester Dental blows!!!

• Bo
      4th of Aug, 2009

I am currently being "serviced" by western dental in fairfield and I agree that they certainly do not call you when they should. My experience has been horrible(to say the least) from the minute i stepped foot in the fairfield, california office. My first trip i waited 4 hours in the front and 2 once seated in the back before they even looked at my mouth. In the last couple of months i have had 5 root canals, 5 extractions, 4 crowns, and a cple fillings as well as prep work and fittings(so far) for a partial upper and lower denture. Let me first off state that in my 30 years of life i've been through thousands and thousands of dollars worth of dental treatment and am really tolerant when it comes to receiving dental work. But throughout the last couple months i have been what seems to be part of a horror film-like experiment. It felt like they had no consideration(at all) for my physical being and savagely performed their work as if I wasn't conscious(or even alive at that) throughout the whole nightmarish ordeal. During the worst of it I had to stop and tell the dentist to "knock that ### off" and stop pushing so hard against my gums. While applying my crowns they stretched my mouth so wide and so inhumanely that both edges of my mouth ripped and bled. Aside from that for the last 3 weeks I've lived my life walking around with an extremely unsightly gap in the front of my mouth while waiting on my partials to arrive. I received a call last monday which is when i had an appointment for the fitting but instead received a call from a receptionist who informed me they hadn't arrived yet. She explained that they'll give me a call when they arrive but that they should come in by the end of the week.So i told her thats fine. Before i continue let me explain that I'm currently as close to losing my job as possible due to all the time i've had to take off for the numerous visits throughout all of this. On friday i called to find out if the fittings had arrived but was told they still hadn't come in. So i called again on saturday and found out that they actually HAD received them on thursday. I askd the receptionist why they failed to notify me when they showed up & was told "we were just given the printout of individuals to call". So again i realized i would have to deal with it & was told to come in today, monday, a week after they were originally suppose to have me come in for the fitting. When i arrived today i began my wonderful and ever-so-welcoming visit with the receptionist telling me that i no longer have cmsp as of 2 days ago and even though i was provided a printout months ago from cmsp with the approval and authorization to provide all these services and for the partials i had to reapply and become eligible before they would finalize the procedure & supply me with the partials. After a brief show of disgust and exchange of words with who i think MAY have been a supervisor...they agreed to have me fitted. But of course as always nothing in that office could ever go as smoothly as one may wish for. So when they sat me down they had realized the lab had made a mistake that would extend my wait another 3 weeks or a month. THE LAB SENT A BROKEN AND WRONGLY CONFIGURED FITTING. So once again they sent me on my way large gap and all wondering if/when i'll ever wake up from this hellish nightmare. Seriously people let this and all the other horror stories you read online be the motivational force for you to get up, get out, and put a stop to these DENTAL TERRORISTS!!! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT FOR THE SAKE OF THE NEXT INDIVIADUAL WHO COMES TO WESTERN DENTAL IN FAIRFIELD, CALIFORNIA and any other mentioned locations who virtually have no consideration for yours, mine, or anyones well being.

• Sl
      30th of Jul, 2010

Western Dental sucks! The dentist barely speak English, the staff is rude, and the wait is long. I will never go to Western Dental again! I will save up the money and go to a half way decent dentist, than go there...

10th of Mar, 2011

I have had my dentures crack and break 7 times in the last year and 5 months since they were made at the Western Dental in Costa Mesa. I any one has any advice or a telephone number for a good attorney or any one who can help me get some teeth that won't break and actually chew, please contact rontherisher@yahoo.com. Thanks so much!!

10th of Mar, 2011

I have had my dentures crack and break 7 times in the last year and 5 months since they were made at the Western Dental in Costa Mesa. If any one has any advice or a telephone number for a good attorney or any one who can help me get some teeth that won't break and actually chew, please contact ronthefisher@yahoo.com. Thanks so much!!