West Asset Management / BEING HARRASSED FOR DEBT THAT'S NOT MINE

1 Sherman, TX, United States Review updated:

For about a year now they have called sent bills for a debt that I never had. I've asked them to just show me something that shows it is a legit debt of mine and I will pay it. They say because it's in collection they have no way of giving me anything to show me it's mine.

Comments

• Ex
      1st of Jul, 2009

Good comments by maggie. if you can record the next call, start in a very polite manner, try to get them to break fair debt, interrupt them so they cant state the mini-miranda statement as required on every communication. get them not verifying you correctly, anything, before dropping the bomb on them .

then they are busted!

25th of May, 2010

you people just need to pay your bills and quit complaining seriously! The top part above where maggie said they have 30 days to send you verification of the debt is correct. And they do. If you ran up a bill or didn't pay back something you SIGNED THE CONTRACT stating that you would pay it back...then do so! Trying to get them in trouble by interuppting them while their trying to state the mini miranda or varify you correctly is amusing to me...if you record that and the judge can clearly see you're doing it intentionally their going to dismiss it. Just pay your bills and quit being a burdon to society! LOW LIFE!

25th of May, 2010

Oh yeah and thanks to people like you I get to keep my job! Unlike you people who are probably sitting on the unemployment line :)

• La
      9th of Sep, 2010

To jaimiej02010...What makes you so sure the debt in question is legit? I recently had 3 - count them 1, 2, 3! - different companies trying to collect on the same debt...one that had been settled over two years ago. I called, I wrote, I recorded...I did everything Texas law allows me to do, and still got calls from these people. I was only successful by giving them an attorney's phone number and telling them (during a recorded call) that any further contact was to be through the attorney. Sure, it cost a few bucks to have a lawyer friend talk with them, but there have been no more calls. And, by the way, jaimiej02010, have you recently acquainted yourself with the concepts of slander and libel? You might want to do so if you intend to call names and trash the public image of people you don't know. Here in Texas we kinda lean toward being friendly unless there is a real good reason not to. Just as a suggesstion, jaimie02010, you could lay off ragging on other people all together and take care of your own (apparently small) life. Best to you. I hope you mature soon.