Webwatcher / poor product / worse service

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

Hardly know where to start. I have logged 13 trouble tickets in the past year but many other problems/issues have gone unreported. Just to name a few problems:

- website often down
- lose ability to monitor licensed PCs
- have to reset software program often, very time consuming
- had to reinstall licenses 3-4 times
- unintuitive software, poorly designed
- tech support is horrendous, likely outsourced overseas
- can't reach anyone live, unless you PAY for VIP support
- not a one time purchase, company tries to rob you for mandatory upgrades (which are not)
- paid $250 for 2 licenses, then forced to pay for upgrade to new version (was told older version would no longer be supported).
- A Wells, VP of Consumer Sales, responds that I was "lucky" that I got such a great deal and only had to pay $29 for an upgrade versus $193. Are you kidding? $193 on top of $250. CyberPatrol and other products cost less than $40 and have most of the same functionality.

I could go on and on but I'm angry again just typing this.

Comments

• Ba
      6th of May, 2009

I work at CyberPatrol and would be more than happy to arrange to get you a free one year subscription to our product that will cover 3 PCs. It is so important to protect your family from what I will call the Cyber Sharks. There are too many dangers online to go unprotected. Let me know if you'd like to give our software a try and I'll make that happen for you.
    Barb barb.r@cyberpatrol.com

• Be
      4th of Feb, 2010

I got the same experience with Webwatcher. Stay away from Webwatcher! They just try to rob your money with poor service & attitude.

Ben / New Jersey
    Jan 7, 2010

25th of Feb, 2010

Same here...paid a ONE TIME $106.95 for a LIFETIME SERVICE. That is what was VERY CLEARLY STATED on their site when I made the purchase. Now I have to purchase upgrades or my 5.0 will no longer work.

It is an outright lie and theft by WebWatcher. No where did it say upgrade costs were ever part of their very clearly stated ONE TIME FEE OF $106.95 for LIFETIME SERVICE.

They have the nerve to lie about the cost. That is quite a bit of nerve for the product they sell is down at least 6 or 7 hours per week due to "upgrades"

PATHETIC COMPANY AND PRODUCT