Waldron Electric

Posted: Feb 11, 2017 by

Electrical repair

My mom was in a nursing home under hospice care. I was unable to schedule an electrician as I was at the nursing home daily attending to her. She has since passed away. (Jan. 1, 2017) On Dec. 22, 2016 I had only partial power in my home. My electricity provider had been to my home the day before and was able to restore some power, but told me that there was a corroded bolt at the meter which needed to be replaced at the homeowners expense. I called Mr. Waldron at 3:00 p.m. after arriving home from the nursing home and explained the problem to him. He told me that it sounded like a pretty big job and would take about a week at a cost of between $6, 000-$8, 000. He arrived shortly after 5:30 and without even looking at the meter asked for my credit card, went to his truck, called his office, and put $8, 000 on my card which still remains today. He went to the meter, began working, left, and returned with the necessary bolt. My power was restored about 9:00. I had gone to bed and the lights and TV woke me up. Mr. Waldron told me the next day he was here until 1:00 a.m., doing what I don't know. I did not sign any contracts as he told me he did not have any paperwork in his truck. I thought I had really dodged a bullet- that really didn't take long at all! Wrong! After checking my credit card the next day I saw the charge still remained. On Dec. 30, I received by certified letter the contracts for me to sign and initial. I was also to note that this was only a temporary fix and for another $5, 000 he could finish the job. Of course I did not sign or return his paperwork. He did return a few days later to connect a wire and replace the meter cover. I had another company to my home. Their estimate to replace the 400amp meter socket including electrical inspection and disconnect and reconnect fees was $1, 600, not $5, 000. Their estimate for the temporary work that Mr. Waldron completed in off hours was $860 which included 5 hours of overtime at $156 per hour and $80 for the corroded bolt-a far cry from $8, 000. Mr. Waldron had been to my home twice before-once to upgrade a box and another to locate a short in an outside plug. I did not use his company either time. (he also own Speedy Electric) My home had a large addition put on 13 years ago and my electrical service was upgraded to commercial at that time. It is state of the art. Waldron Electric is not an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau, has been investigated by the State's Attorney Generals Office, has had local consumer news reporters interview others who have complained, and does not meet requirements to be on Angie's List. He has threatened to put a lien on my home, pursue me like a wolf, and file a lawsuit against me. Good luck with that Mr. Tom! I am currently letting my credit card company deal with the situation, and if they are unable to resolve it, I will be filing my own lawsuit!
I feel Mr. Waldron deserves at best $860.
Complaint comments Comments (1)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Contractors
More Waldron Electric Complaints & Reviews
Waldron Electric - Ripping customers off! [2]
Waldron Electric - Scam

Comments

N  13th of Aug, 2017 by    -1 Votes
The Customer retained all her money back as she stopped on the credit card and in result of that action stole the goods and emergency services of our company.
She knew all costs and signed for them before we did the work. We have the documents with her signature authorizing the work.
Hunted like a wolf is putting it mildly, I will be relentless in attempt to stop you from stealing our goods and services.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree