Vip Talent Connect / contract scam

1 125 South StPhiladelphia, PA, United States Review updated:

I was contacted by vip for my daughter. They said they were a no money and no fees talent company. As I was trying to get my 4 yr old into modeling it sounded wonderful. When we got to the appointment the woman payed no attention to my child and gave us a whole sales pitch. She told us it would be $1659.00 for my daughter to have a 2 yr contract and would be able to go to a event that had more than 25+ agents and coordinators there every 8-12 wks. The woman had no problem with us just paying little by little and of course since this was something my daughter wanted we went for it. We ended up putting $100 down and after being charged for the $100 she told us we needed to pay $359 within 7 days.. All in all she gave us the run around and pursued us into an agrrement we did not want. I have contacted them all day today and they have yet to return our phone calls. Another thing about their company.. They never asked for any i. D's for the parents or the child.. Neither me or my boyfriend have my daughters last name so how does she know who this child truly belongs to??... They are money hungry and only after your pockets, they have no comcern in your child nor their talent!

Comments

• It
      30th of Nov, 2009

I am sorry to hear that, but I hope you get a valuable lesson. that was actually an investment for your lesson. some lessons are going to cost you something, time, money... but do not make the same mistake twice. if an agency wants money about anything... training, photographs, admission process... you are dealing with jerks who are after the money. oh my the way money is just a tool, it is not the real thing! keep these facts in mind!

Best,
    Itzo

• Ta
      24th of Jan, 2010

Hi, i'm a teenage girl looking for a good talent agency online. I recently tried, talenthunter.com, jrpnewyork (wich by the way is almost the sam as vip) & just about 45 minutes ago I filled out the info form on vip. they called me ten minutes later.. seems to me like this is a scam because they seem way to eager. and I also got an email from them telling me they are free this wed and thu. I was already on google in the middle of a scam story at this time. so I decided to email her (jessica brooks) back and asked her if they were free on weekends, and if they had a fee to this.. which I know they did. and 14 minutes later, she said "we only have wed and thu available for you right now please tell me what you want to do" she never replied on the fee part.. so a few min ago I asked about the fee again. currently waiting for a reply. well, most likely vip is a scam : (i'm currently looking for a good talent agency as of now, hope your daughter succeeds though, best of luck :)

• Fr
      1st of Feb, 2010

Of course it is a fee it is a event - did you look at the site at all? you are a teenage girl looking to get discovered on the internet? where are your parents? I see you are from jersey city - which mean not to be racist but you either are black or latino and grew up in an poor household - which leads to people like yourself looking on the internet for something for "free" be careful my love the road you are headed down is dark and dangerous.

• Ra
      17th of Feb, 2010

wow friendofvip, you were real harsh, hostile to the teenager. Relax your emotions, Im not even going to reply to the racist remarks. White people grow up poor also you know.

Teenager.. get an education! leave these quickie stuff alone, your fishing in a sea full of jerks, rapist, abusers and whatever other wicked things will come your way. But a model in NY is like playing the lotto.

• Mo
      20th of Mar, 2010

Take it from me vip is not I repeat not a scam! they are a paid-for service providing networking opportunities that you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere else. they are not an agency!! repeat : they are not an agency!!
    Trust me I have 2 children currently represented by 2 of the leading agencies in ny and there is no way on this earth I could have gotten them in to see these agents without vip talent connect.
    Do your research, check out their website.
    If you think the vip rep was cold then don't bother going any further in the entertainment industry! it is a very fast moving, no nonesense business. you are in it to win it or you are out! no coddling, no hand holding.
    It's a business!
    If it is your dream to be famous but you are just hoping that you will be plucked out of obscurity and you don't have to work for it I recommend you play the lottery. there's no responsibility on your part but to buy a ticket and hope your numbers come up! however, if you or your child is truly passionate about the entertainment industry your first step should be to go to the vip website and watch the videos. all of them! do your research!
    Was a sceptical? hell yes! was I scammed - no way!
    Even though my kids have agents I still network them and pursue opportunities and it's people like us that will succeed in this business. we are not waiting for something to come to us

10th of Apr, 2010

Alright.. the teen's responsibility is to provide enought talent to make their agency money not put out $2000 to get discovered. momager probably spent more than what she made. vip connect might work for some but the question is it worth it. there are others ways to get to where they want to be if they have the looks and/or talent without putting out thousands of dollars. I would not recommend this.
    Fame from this side of the lens isn't everything it is cracked up to be. reach within and find your real purpose talentagencyhunt. it may include fame and maybe it will not. you could become a vp of a multi-billion dollar company or do something that saves lives. do not get wrapped up in this nonsense and missed out on life. it isn't for everyone.

25th of Jul, 2010

If vip talent connect is not a scam then why do they take it upon themselves to people checking accounts. my friend when she first signed up gave them her bank debit card for them to charge 500.00. she authorized that payment. she then was told when she was ready to call them to make a payment plan. she wasnt planning on using her debit card for next payments but was going to do money orders. well not only did she get a chance to call them back to work out s payment but they never called her either and took it upon themselves to withdraw 3000.00 from her account just like that.in the contract it clearly states that with a payment plan in place vip talent connect is suppose to call you a day before to ok any transaction to take place in the amount the victim I mean client says which they did not do. they wont give her back her money wont answer her calls or call her back or anser her emails. so... if this isnt a scam wtf is!!

13th of Aug, 2010

I def agree. they are a scam. they said there was no money involved and any agency that asks for money isnt a good one. they bascailly trap u into signing the contract and getting to pay the over the top fee just to go to an event in new york. and its per person and that dosent even include transportation or a place to stay. why is the fee so high? why shoud a person spend over $2000 just to get discovered. and to top it off its hell trying to get out of vip talent. why are you (vip talent) scamming these hopeful indiviauls for money. its not fair.

13th of Aug, 2010

Take a look at this event

• Ti
      31st of Aug, 2010

Wtf? hey jesus lover - are you sniffing the holy water a little 2 much!

You can’t explain the existence or origin of something, so you believe god must have done it. once, we didn’t know the cause of a lot of things. today, the last few remaining questions seem to be “how did the universe come to be” and “what is the origin of life”. this is the god of the gaps, of course. much like ancient people believed that zeus or thor created lightning, and were wrong, it’s quite likely that these last two questions also have a natural explanation – and, yet, we still make the same mistake that our ancestors did: come up with supernatural explanations, instead of simply admitting that we don’t know, yet.
    The universe seems too complex, too ordered, too beautiful, to have appeared naturally. a variant of the above, really. things seem much too interconnected to have appeared randomly, and we have everything we need in this world to survive; it almost seems like the universe was made for us. a universe with billions of stars, and we’re on this infinitesimal planet… made for us, indeed. I may write more about this point in the future; it would make this post too long.
    You’ve been educated that way. I was, myself. but we shouldn’t accept “knowledge” on authority. parents and teachers can lie (e. g. santa claus) or simply be wrong (the earth being in the center of the universe, whites being superior to blacks, etc.). it’s always a bad idea to lose the ablity to question. besides, as richard dawkins says, most people have the religion of their parents, which makes one’s religion a matter of chance – if you’d been born in saudi arabia, you’d be a muslim; in india, you’d be a hindu, and so on. if you accept your parents’ religion, it was randomly selected, in a way – so why be so sure it’s the “real” one?
    You feel that your faith in something greater than yourself gives your life purpose and meaning. this is a very common one. life seems so random, so ephemeral, and so pointless… surely, there’s got to be something more, doesn’t it? trouble is, this is no more than wishful thinking. we want it to be true, therefore it must be true. besides, life – wordly life, in our reality – is much more fascinating and meaningful than these people believe.
    You’ve “felt” the presence / touch of god. another common one. feelings or sensations, as we know, are subjective. quite often, we feel what we expect to feel, or what we want to feel – it’s either a placebo effect, or wishful thinking, again. besides, if the only thing god does is to make us feel “warm inside” from time to time (if you believe in him for just this reason, that’s what you’re implying), then does such a god deserve worship? he’s no more than a “spiritual foot warmer”, after all…
    It’s comforting to believe that someone is taking care of you. it is, indeed – but, if the reason for such comfort doesn’t exist, it can actually be dangerous. it’s like convincing yourself that you have superman-like powers, or that your (perfectly common) shirt is bullet-proof. if you behave according to those beliefs, you’ll probably injure yourself, or even die. if you don’t, then you don’t really believe, right? anyway, this is – once again – wishful thinking. believing (whether it’s true or not) feels good, so you believe.
    You’re afraid of death, and want to believe that it’s not the end, that you simply go to a better place. wishful thinking, once again.in reality, things don’t become true just because we want them to be true. alternatively, it may not be about you: sometimes, the death of a loved one causes you to need to believe that the essential part of them isn’t really dead, it’s just gone to a better place, where there is no more suffering, and where you’ll meet them someday.
    You feel that (finite) life in this world is meaningless unless there’s something afterwards.in other words, if, no matter what you do, you die and turn to dust, what difference does it make whatever you do in your life? so you have to believe that there’s something more. however, not only is this wishful thinking (again…), but it’s a limiting view of life. if you believe that the purpose of life is something “exterior”, then this view makes sense; however, if you instead believe that the purpose of life is life itself – that is, that life needs no external justification, and is worth it on its own – not to mention that it can be utterly enjoyable, and that you actually can make a difference while you’re here -, then you can easily see what’s wrong with this view of existence.
    You want to believe that there’s some kind of absolute, perfect justice in the universe, even if only after death. i’d like that, too. really. you can’t imagine how strongly I wish that was true. i’ve seen monsters living in luxury their entire lives, and never paying for their crimes, and i’ve seen terrible things happen unfairly to good people – sometimes randomly, sometimes caused by the monsters I mentioned. I wish that both would get what they deserve. it would be so… comforting to believe so. unfortunately, wishing doesn’t make it so. the best thing we can do is try to make things better here, not resign ourselves and hope for some kind of “justice” later.
    You’ve had some unusual experience that made you believe. not necessarily a miracle (that’s the next one), but an “amazing coincidence”. say, you prayed for something that was quite improbable, and it happened. the problem here is usually referred to as “counting the hits and ignoring the misses”. i’ll write more about it in the near future.

31st of Aug, 2010

Thank you... thank you... thank you...

31st of Aug, 2010

If you dont feel like being scammed and robbed by us then do yourselves all a favor and keep yourselves all from coming to see my fat ugly [censor]!!! we are a god fearing agency and we work for the lord. some of you may not like to think of us in this way but we only do what the koran I mean I mean torah I mean I mean bible wants us to do. if you feel were not meeting your financial needs then please keep me and mike fomkin covered in prayer. we will continue to scam and rob you and get away with it. not come on everyone get with it you know how I like to help you become famous and meet fake wannabe's because im fake. and I come as an angel of light I am satan himself.

signed miss aly-see-ya k

31st of Aug, 2010

Alycea k... don't waste your time with haters

They haven't even been there... (at the events)
    There very inspirational... and enlightening...
    It's cost to have people come out and speak...in and nice clean environment...
    Especially in nyc...

1st of Sep, 2010

ya al i guess your right its more to it then people people scammed .i dont think they are fully capable of understanding that i have no choice but to take their money because of the cost of having to set up at these clubs that we have to put money down to use for the events...oh well to each your own

• To
      25th of Sep, 2010

They are a scam they just got me and my girlfriend for our money.They had are daughter in and was choosen. They said put $20.00 dollars down to hold the spot why we figure out how to come up with the money.Well a couple of days goes by my girlfriend calls and says we cant afford it right now. So the next day they charged her card again for $1675 and it was our debit card so now we are negitive in our account.I call them up and they gave been making excuses for 3 days now about what happened but wont give the money back even though we didnt agree to the payment. So watch your money from this fake company who wants your money.

• Bu
      19th of Oct, 2010

So you advertising for other companies ?? WTF is this a complaint board or FREE LEADS for suckers board? Those links are all scams - actorsconnections wanted to charge me 2. WTF - I WANT FREE is you want me you pay me - peace out!

• Oh
      16th of Dec, 2010

hahaha awww whats the matter alycia a.k.a bunnyrabbit, are you feeling threatened?well you should!!!you obviously are a looser if besides scamming people and stealing their money your searching the web for people who are bringing ur fraud and scam to light.im really surprised that noone went after you physically hope you thanked john s. for throwing you out because of threats made to you.keep hiding sweety...keep runningyoull get tired eventually to slack off and mess up and get caught

• Vi
      31st of Jan, 2011

I was just contacted my VIP saying I was hand picked to do an audition with them. I told the lady to never call me again.

• Lm
      1st of Jul, 2011

I had the "pleasure" of interacting with Alycia Kaback and her company recently. My sister was one of the "few" that was selected for the open casting call and then brought back because she was selected to be signed with the company. When we walked in, they claimed we would be part of the company if we bought the "package"---a $1200 ticket to a party to network.
    After mulling it over, we decided it wasn't the right move for our family and decided to respectfully return to the company and explain in person that we were not financially able to complete the process.
    WHAT A MISTAKE. Alycia Kaback when NUTS on me. She belittled me, questioned my educational background and character. Told me my marriage was "no guarantee." Told my sister her college education was no guarantee and she was wasting her time with elementary ed. because she would never get a mansion on a hill. CRAZY. She also claimed she read body language for a living and we gave off negative body language.
    Please check the better business bureau before you interact with this company. Also, if you try and research any information including reviews and complaints, you will find that she has purchased all "keywords" for google searches and all websites with reviews for her name so that they filter back to her personal webpages. It's difficult to find reviews, but if you do your research you won't find a single positive mention of her name, expect on her websites...written by her. Stay away from this woman. She is crazy and will leave you with a huge knot in your stomach and broke. She needs major psychological help.