VIP Auto / False Advertising

1 ME, United States Review updated:

I recently went to VIP Auto with a quote from one of their competitors since VIP has a "Meet it or Beat it" price guarantee. VIP's guarantee is actually that they will beat any estimate by 5%. The only problem is GETTING them to honor this guarantee. They will find ANY excuse (legitimate or not) not to honor it. Initially it took OVER 20 mins to get someone to wait on me (4 people behind the counter) with no customers at the counter.

Finally I am waited on and this is where the story gets good. I question the person on their guarantee and they confirm that guarantee. I get a quote from them on 4 tires. I bring out my estimate from their competitor. Once they realized they couldnt (or didnt want to) meet or beat the competitor's quote they started trying different excuses for not honoring their guarantee. The first one was that GoodYear didnt make that tire (they were looking at a 2007 GoodYear catalog), the next one was that to be compareable it had to be a similar treadpattern and since they didnt know what the tread pattern was they couldn't do the guarantee and finally here is the kicker, according to VIP GoodYear didn't offer a 50, 000 mile treadwear warranty on that tire (yet my quote was 50, 000 mile treadwear warranty). The quote I showed VIP was for $389.58. The quote VIP gave me was for $405.05. NOT only did they NOT beat the price they didnt even meet the price.

Needless to say I WILL NEVER do business with VIP again. I will not do business with a company that promises so much and delivers so little.

Ji

Comments

• Vi
      20th of Dec, 2012
    VIP Auto - poor management
    VIP Auto
    Wilson Street
    Brewer
    Maine

I have been a loyal customer of VIP for over 10 years. About 3-4 years ago I began to see a change in the service and employees in the Brewer Maine store. Up to this point the service here was very good . I started to see a very large turnover of the staff in the entire store.Today I saw only one face that was there the last time I visited the store. I own a couple of cars so I was a frequent customer maybe 4-6 times a year for repairs, tires, ect.
    Today I brought my wife's car in to put on her winter tires along with grease, oil and filter. I also asked to check a mechanical issue I was concerned about. The next 2 hours I watched the most inefficient mechanical staff ever.2 hrs for a 45 minuet job. The car was in the bay within 5 minuets upon arrival, good start I thought; well that's where it stayed.. If the store was busy I could understand the delays, but it wasn't. What I saw was BS sessions between the service staff...a couple of people working on the car when they felt like it. Well after 2 hours it was time to pay up, so I asked the service manager if they had checked that mechanical issue I asked about. Guess what...no they hadn't. I was lucky and it was only a minor repair that took about 5 minuets.
    I have been in management most of my adult life, I am now in my mid sixties, so I can tell you where the issues lye. This company is clueless as to" Management 101"...your employee are your most important asset. The only way this company can turn things around is to TRAIN their people better and hold the next 2 levels of management, out of the store, responsible. It appears they are not doing their jobs.
    After over 10 years as a customer this is my last visit...so long VIP !!