Viking / Refridgerator

United States Review updated:
Phone: 714-267-4944
We have a new $4000 refridgerator from Viking that was already here when we bought this new home. My wife is a kitchen designer and those in the know never recommend this brand. The word in the industry is that they spend all their money on marketing and little on R and D. They make so much money due to marketing that they feel they can get a way with making an inferior though costly product. It is clearly the worst appliance experience I have ever had. The ice maker never worked properly and the temperature in the fridge was impossible to regulate...JUNK!! 9 service calls did not fix the problem Viking finally replaced the refridgerator...less than 18 months later we noticed a funny smell. Underneath there had been a leak that overflowed their drip pan and caused $1000's of dollars of mold removal, wall rebuilding and tile replacement. I only wish I could spread the word in a more public forum to warn people to avoid this company. Their product are truly pieces of sh_ _.!!! Stay clear!!

Comments

Hl
  18th of Oct, 2008
Holy Crap.

I just spent $18, 500 on a frig, oven, and range.

I hope your was an isolated incident.

Maybe I will canel this order, and get another brand.

h.l
Hl
  18th of Oct, 2008
Viking should not ignore its customers.
What seems to be happening it that they are having this product made cheaply by other manufacturers to boost profits.

Viking is just the first middleman, and then we go to the store, and pay the second middleman.

This is what I'm understanding.