Viagogoed sheeran asia hk leg cancelled

U Nov 16, 2017

Viagogo confirmed by email on Nov 1 that HKD would be refunded to my credit card within 4 working days. I phoned my credit card company and no refund from Viagogo for the sum paid for the Nov 4 HK concert date has not been refunded. I have the email as legal proof that the refund would be paid as stated and I wonder how many other people have been lied to? Contact help numbers and email to get in touch with Viagogo is a joke.

• Updated by user1760736 · Nov 17, 2017

On the basis that Viagogo has an office in London, this registered office will be subject to UK Law. Under the English Law of Contract, I have fulfilled my side of the bargain by paying consideration for a promise by Viagogo to provide a service either directly as agent or ticket seller conduit to provide a ticket to see a specific Ed Sheeran music concert on Nov 4 in Hong Kong. Now that this event has been cancelled Viagogo must provide a new Hong Kong date (which will not happen as Ed Sheeran has a full 2018 calendar). The only option is that Viagogo refunds the full consideration paid as the company can no longer fulfill its promise to provide the service under the terms of the Contract. If Viagogo does not refund the full consideration due, the company will be in breach of contract. Reputation is everything and having reviewed this complaints board and other sites, I would say that if poor customer service persists, the company will not survive and if further investigation finds that other customers ate not receiving refunds for cancelled concerts in a systematic manner, Viagogo's actions may be considered fraudulent. I look forward to hearing from other customers who have been promised their money back when a concert has been cancelled and refunds not forthcoming (theft)! Thank you.