Vanguard / profiling

1 Wayne, PA, United States Review updated:

My father passed away in August of this year and he did not have life insurance, wasn't sure what I was going to do, so I called Vanguard to see what I could do, they explained to me that I could apply for a hardship. So they sent me the paper work, which I sent back with the information requested, Funeral information, and my birth certificate. In return they sent me a e-mail stating that my father's name was not on my birth certificate, so I contacted Vital statics about obtaining a long version of my birth certificate, received in the mail and sent it to vanguard. They stated that it would take 3 days to review, on the fourth day I did not hear from them so I called and they told me that I would need to send in my marriage license, do not know what that has to do with me withdrawing out of my account. I applied for the hard ship on 8/19/2017 and still have not received any thing, had to borrow money to bury my father and need to pay it back. They are still giving me a hard time, it is know 9/13/2017. I am furious and will never use vanguard again and will tell all my friends about this horrible experience.

Ch
Sep 13, 2017

Comments

• Mi
      21st of Sep, 2018

I am going through the same process now. Sent in a receipt for funeral expenses and all the medical bills I could get in the time because all bills have to be dated within 90 days of the request. Hospitals are terrible about getting you bills in any reasonable amount of time and then you have to have them reprocessed because they didn't submit them to your insurance. I failed to submit a death certificate for my wife so I got a letter telling me I needed that. I sent that in on the 89th day. I called to make sure they got it in time and they said yes they had. They said 3-5 days to review. After about 7 days I called and they said my application had expired and I would need to submit a new application. The receipt for my wife's funeral was over 90 days old at this point and deemed no longer valid. People are already going through terrible experiences and they find a way to make it worse. I will be leaving them.