Valu-Pass / Scam

1 San Leandro, CA, United States Review updated:

It's a total scam didn't even give me a chance to cancel within 14 days and they charged the annual fee. I am so upset.

Be
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• By
      10th of Jun, 2011

Immediately call your bank to dispute the charge and will not pay them upon an investigation. The bank will put an immediate cancel on your credit card and will usually issue you a new number and credit card within 48-72 hour so the crooks can't decide to try to slip something by you again, months later even. Yeah, yeah, you'll have to update any payment sites (utilities, insurance, paypal, etc.) that now have your cancelled credit card's info saved. I've had to to this several times and the bank prefers to deal with it this way. It's the only sure fire way to screw them back before they try to screw you again...

• Br
      30th of Nov, 2010

Valu-Pass.com = Infovpass.com = globaltravel.com = gtimemberships.com
    TOTAL SCAM!!!

Buyers be aware, do not ever be lured into Valu-Pass Promotional Offer, it's a total SCAM. Their Promotional offer states $100 Walmart gift voucher JUST FOR SIGNING UP and try their service. It's a SCAM, do not fall for it. Scam tactic 1) Once they get your credit card, they are in control. they will not mention at all about $100 Walmart gift voucher and really hope that you'd forget too Scam tactic 2) If you call them about the $100 Walmart gift voucher, they will tell you to fill out paper work first, and the paper work says that they will not issue you a gift card after 30 days (AFTER TRIAL PERIOD ENDS AND YOU'VE FOUND OUT THAT THEIR PRODUCT IS WORTHLESS BUT IS STILL CHARGED $99 MEMBERSHIP FEE) Scam tactic 3) Even if you stay on and get charged, they will ask you to make required purchases through their link each month for 4 months before you're eligible for the $100 Walmart gift card, by that time, they've ripped enough profit from you as well as your purchases through their link that they MAY consider issuing the gift card. Scam tactic 4) Even though they say you can call their 1800 number to cancel before the 14 trial period expire, the 1800 number is corrupted and THEY WILL ONLY TAKE CANCELLATION ON LINE, that's when they've already charged you the $99 dollar fee.

If you've been scamed, please file a complaint with Florida BBB

Their customer service is 1-866-251-0979 / 1866-581-4705 /1800-916-3603
    They are registered as Global Travel International AKA Valu-pass.com Phone: (407) 660-7800 FAX (407) 875-0711 Address: 2600 Lake Lucien Dr Ste 201, Maitland, FL 32751

Additional Phone Numbers

Additional Email Addresses
    [protected]@valu-pass.com

• Be
      15th of Feb, 2011

Whoever is starting a class action lawsuit against this company SIGN ME UP!

• Ni
      8th of Dec, 2010

I AGREE!!!

Their system is set up to ignore your number. I emailed them and got reimbursed, HOWEVER 2 days later they placed 2 additional charges on my card. Fortunately, I noticed!!!

If you've been scammed by this company, please reply here. Lets build a case against them for the BBB to investigate and protect others from this scam business.

~ Nikki

• Th
      25th of Jul, 2011

I agree but they told you exactly what you needed to know but you had something else in mind. You thought that you'd get a $100 for a $4.95 trial and then cancel before they credited your credit card for the full year payment of $99. Correct? You said you didn't use the site anyway. Why else would you have paid your trial fee if not just for the $100 voucher? And why did you NOT cancel before the $99 fee was billed your card? Don't you know what 'Trial Period' means? You thought that you'd get something for nothing (or rather for $4.95). People should read the small print (terms and agrrement). It explained exactly what was required to get the $100 voucher and it stated clearly that it would be paid in monthly increments of $10 after you spent $100 per month with the same credit card for that month and returned the original receipts with their voucher coupon. And they said in clear print that you would NOT get the rest of the $10 vouchers if you missed even 1 (one) month of submitted receipts. Beware buyers. If it's too good to be true it just might have some hoops and hurdles to get by. Don't complain when it's your fault for refusing to read the fine print!
    Research it first if there are any doubts before forking over your hard earned cash. That's why I'm here in the first place...I was about to pay the trial fee and then I thought: "let's read the reviews first."
    Now I know NOT to try the Valu-Pass system of rebates for purchases. Too much hassle for too little return.

• Sc
      21st of Jul, 2011

I agree that this is a scam. I signed up for a 14 day free trial. I noticed a charge on my credit card before the 14 days. I called about the charge just to be told that I signed up for a 7 day trial. I KNOW I didn't sign up for a 7 day trial, but I can't prove it. Obviously, I canceled at that time. There was also supposed to be a free gift included (mini muffin pan). This happened months ago and of course, I haven't received anything. I contacted them again. Their response? "We don't have anything to do with that, you'll have to contact the other company." These people are definitely scammers!

• Sw
      25th of Dec, 2012

They scam me too I sent a email today and is awaiting for an email back for a refund because they say you can win a $100 Walmart gift card which is not true And than they charge you for a service you know nothing about... If anyone is filing a BBB complaint sign me up !

• Ko
      2nd of May, 2011

Their sales rep told me one thing and did another. I was trying to listen to my phone conversation i had with them and had no luck. Im out 99 bucks for some bs. I can't get refunded what type of business is that Im an unsatisfied customer and the customer is always right. who do i go to for help!!!

• Ve
      10th of Sep, 2014

They scammed me with the 4.95 and additional 3.95 on somenkind of thing they signed me up for and I had no idea they charged me. Then, they charged me 35.90 from another one of their scams they signed me up for!!! Oooo sooooo frustrated.

• Ay
      27th of Oct, 2010

TOTAL SCAM! Did not receive membership packet or promised $100 Walmart gift card voucher. Canceled membership without receiving ANY benifits - "Valu-Pass" charged a full year membership rather than a monthly membership - but my membership log-on has been terminated, though they charged me for a full year!

I have not been able to get a representative on the phone - their phone system is all auto-mated/recorded messages.

Their purported service benefits appear to be nothing more than l.inks to online coupons... STEER CLEAR of THESE LYING THIEVES!

• Mo
      15th of Dec, 2010

I totally AGREE, I am one of those who has been scammed by this so called company also...

• Or
      20th of Apr, 2012

I agree! This is a total scam. They probably leak your credit card number to others. I noticed some misterous charges.

• Be
      15th of Feb, 2011

I totally AGREE, I am one of those who has been scammed too.

I'm so angry.

• Go
      21st of Mar, 2011

they are taking money out i did not know i was into this

• Go
      21st of Mar, 2011

i did not even know about this..all i know is i look up and my card was charged and billed 99.99

• Ro
      23rd of Apr, 2011

samething here they charge 99 dls and i call to cancell it and no answer its sucks!!!

16th of May, 2011

I highly suggest filing a complaint with the BBB! See the comments above for all the info you need. I DID cancel my account within the allotted time frame, but I somehow signed up for ANOTHER membership through them while I was on the phone with someone who called to "Verify my benefits, " and got charged $99.99 for that membership.

It looks like the company responds to reports made through the BBB, and people get refunds after filing complaints!

• Di
      8th of Jul, 2013

They harass you over the phone and promise you gift cards a great savings. Once you sign up the gift card never arrived. But unquestionably 14 days later there was the membership charge, which of course was non-refundable. When after I finally got a hold of them, after being on hold for about 30 min., they gave me the information to access my membership. I was shocked to find that all they do it provide you links to website where you can get coupons or buy gift cards.

31st of May, 2011

they are a scam. they are offer a walmart card once you sign it. its a lie. dont fall for this scam like i do.

1st of May, 2012

I too got charged 104.95.With many phones i got 2 -50$ refunds but not the 4.95.I also called Wallmart and told them because it was there gift card.Once i got the first 50 back from Valu-pass i called Global travel.They said only one refund was aloud, i saud they would not give all my monies back.So i said the the Global travel person, if my neighbors window broke and he ask me for half, why would i pay if i did not break.Get it.