VACATION VENTURES LLC / MISREPRESENTATION AND SLANDER

1 1365 GARDEN OF THE GODS ROAD, SUITE #210Colorado Springs, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: (719) 594-6501

THIS COMPANY MISREPRESENTED THEMSELVES BY ADVERTISING AN OFFER TO BUY MY TIMESHARE AND THEN REFUSING TO DO SO. IN THEIR ADVERTISING THEY STATED THAT THEY WOULD MAKE AN OFFER FOR MY TIMESHARE IF I ATTENDED ONE OF THEIR PRESENTATIONS. BEFORE THE PRESENTATION STARTED I ASKED MR. JIM RITCHEY, ONE OF THE TWO PRESENTERS THERE IFTHEY WOULD GIVE ME A CHECK FOR MY TIMESHARE DEED AND HE RESPONDED THAT THEY WOULD. WHEN I ASKED THE THE OTHER PRESENTER IF THEY WOULD GIVE ME A CHECK FOR MY TIMESHARE DEEDS HE STATED THAT HE WOULD NOT. AT THAT POINT I THANKED HIM FOR HIS TIME (TWICE) AND LEFT THE PRESENTATION WITH MY WIFE. I HAVE REGISTERED A COMPLAINT WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND THE MISSOURI STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE (COMPLAINT#CF-[protected]) CONCERNING THIS MATTER OF BAIT-AND-SWITCH AND MISREPRESENTATION BY VACATION VENTURES LLC. VACATION VENTURES LLC CLAIM THAT THEY MADE NO SUCH OFFER, AND IN THEIR RESPONSE TO AN INVESTIGATION BY THE MISSOURI STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE (COMPLAINT#CF-[protected]) MS. DEBRA C. DUNLAP STATED THAT I THREATENED TO RUIN THEIR BUSINESS AND THAT I STATED THAT THIS IS SOMETHING THAT I LIKE TO DO. THIS IS ERRONEOUS AND SLANDEROUS AND EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL. DURING THEIR PRESENTATION THE PRESENTER STATED THAT A TIMESHARE OWNER'S DEPENDENTS AND DECENDENTS WILL BE LIABLE IN PERPETUITY FOR THE MAINTENANCE FEES EVEN OF THEY GIVE THE TIMESHARE BACK TO THE COMPANY. LEGAL COUNSEL HAS REFUTED THAT CLAIM. I WOULD APPRECIATE A RESPONSE CONCERNING THIS MATTER. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

More VACATION VENTURES LLC Complaints & Reviews

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

15th of Sep, 2012

There must be a way to bring a class action suit against these scammers. Just this week 36 year old John Thomas Egan of Palm Beach Gardens, FL was sentenced to 7 1/2 years in prison for this same exact scam. He is the 13th individual to be found guilty and sent to prison in connection with this FL based scam operating under the name Creative Vacation Solutions. He conspired with owner, Jennifer Kirk, as they targeted owners of timeshares throughout the US, bilking 22, 000 victims out of 30 million dollars. They solicited advanced fees of up to several thousand dollars from each victim in purported closing costs--- and never sold a single timeshare. The same conspiracy to commit fraud suit should be brought against Vacation Ventures LLC of Colorado Springs, Co. for their fraudulent practices.

• Da
      9th of Oct, 2010

I am embarass to say that my husband and I are also victims.
    Jim Ritchey and a clean cut young man was in Columbus Ohio,
    last year and trick us into giving them $3, 000.00 to take our timeshare off our hands. I just found out today that we are victims
    of Vacation Ventures and of our own desperation to get rid of this
    stupid timeshare. I filed a complaint with the AG's office in Co, and
    also filed a police report in Colorado. I will not give up !!!

jacksondarchar@aol.com

• Tj
      12th of Aug, 2010

That is exactly what we did. We filed a complaint with the KS AG's office. After several weeks of waiting (they were trying to contact VV) we finally received a letter from the KS AG's office saying they had sent our complaint to the CO AG's office and closed the case. We then received a letter from the CO AG's office saying their mail to VV had been returned and they assumed the business had closed. Therefore, they closed the case. Basically both were telling us they could care less about helping us get resolution. We are now back to square one. I don't think we want to spend a lot of money on an attorney who would tell us the same thing. Like I said, we are going to let our timeshare go into foreclosure. We still get calls from solicitors for timeshares and junk mail from RCI. We hang up and throw it away. It's a slap in the face! We just have to accept that we threw away a lot of money. It won't happen again. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Maybe your state will be more assertive. It doesn't cost anything to try. Good luck.

10th of Aug, 2010

So this is what I found out. I finally talked to a lawyer this morning. He advised my husband and I to take the offer of a buy back for our Branson Time share and pay the year of maintenance fees. As far as getting anything out of V. Ventures, this was his advise...They ripped us off in our own states so that is where we need to start, (Not in Colorado)
    1. Whatever state you were in when you went to the meeting and payed money to V.V. is the state where you need to file the complaint. I will go to WI Department of agriculture and consumer protection and file a complaint right on line.
    2. I will contact WI Attorney Generals office and get them involved
    3. I will get in contact with my state senator and congressmen and get them involved..
    I know this is work but if we all do our share perhaps we can help each other out when someone gets results that work. I am going to do as he suggests. Unfortunately, that seems like the only route at the moment because the business is closed. I was told no lawyer will do a class action suit with the business closed.We need to personally go after Kenneth James and his wife, and Jim Ritchey. Please keep me posted with any news as I will do the same. Email is ckl513@sbcglobal.net. Thanks, Cheryl

• Tj
      9th of Aug, 2010

I am shocked to read that there are others still being taken by this scam. We paid them $3000 in September of 08 and have been fighting it ever since. Don't wait--cancel the contract as soon as you can. Call the credit card company and dispute the charge. We were dumb enough to think that they really would take care of things in 14 months. By then, it was too late to dispute with the credit card company and of course VV could not be reached. I even located Deb's home number in Colorado and called her at home. I got the same answer, I will call you back. We filed a complaint in Kansas and they referred us to the Colorado AG. The Colorado AG referred it to the Colorado BB. The BB just sent us a letter today saying their mail is being returned and therefore the case is closed. I thought the AG offices were in place to protect consumers. It is obvious that Colorado BB and AG have received numerous complaints about this company and are doing nothing about it. The thing I find shocking is that these people are still running this scam!!! Obviously, the Colorado AG and BB are totally inadequate. These people are running this out of somewhere--do your job and find them!!! The state of Colorado should be ashamed for allowing this. We have chosen to not pay any more fees and let the timeshare go into foreclosure. Our credit will be bad--but we don't plan on buying anything on credit anymore anyway. On a side note, it is obvious our government from the top down could care less about law abiding citizens of this country. And to you Kenneth James, Jim Ritchey, and Deb--I watched as several senior citizens were coerced by scare tactics to write out checks and use credit cards to pay your salaries (or fund your next production or whatever you do with our hard earned money). I don't know how you can sleep at night or even look at yourself in the mirror. I do know that there is a day of reckoning and you will get what you deserve.

28th of Jul, 2010

Tried to respond to cherylkl. got it back! I'm in on any thing that will get these people.

• Pa
      18th of Jul, 2010

I tried the number that progers gave above, and that number has been disconnected. I am so frustrated right now. Surely there's something we can do to get our money back and stop these scam artists!!

• Pa
      18th of Jul, 2010

My husband and I were also scammed by VV on March 1, 2008. We gave Jim Ritchey and bandits $3700 after we paid our 2008 maintenance fees. We have been billed for maintenance fees for 2009 and 2010. I wrote to our ex timeshare group and they didn't respond. Of course, we have heard nothing from VV. I would love to be in on a class action case. I haven't talked to any Attorney General or an attorney but we can't afford to lose that money and still pay our timeshare. Please help us with this, if possible. Thanks.

15th of Jul, 2010

These people have to be stopped

• Pr
      13th of Jul, 2010

If any of you want a # to call Aaron Akener - owner of Vacation Ventures- the only # I have...cell# (719)594-6501-Aaron.

12th of Jun, 2010

I am having the same proablem with Vacation Ventures. I have been unable to contact them or receive any response from them I have tried e-mail, phone, and letter. I have sent them my paperwork where I paid my maintenace fees and dues by certified mail and it was refused 3 times when the Post office tried to deliver it. I paid them over $4700 to take this time share off my hands. This was in February 2009 and I have not received any correspondence of any kind from them since I signed the paperwork. I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau and the Colorado and Indiana Attorney General's offices about this. I either want my money back or they need to get everything completed. They told us at the seminar that it would take about 14 months to complete the ownership transfer and it is now 16 months later and I have not heard any thing about it. I hope someone somewhere can do something about it.

• Kj
      21st of Apr, 2010

File with the Colorado Attorney General!! This is our best bet!! I believe they are long gone with our money! Phone numbers are always busy, website is gone...

9th of Apr, 2010

Vacation Ventures need to be eliminated and pay us something for the fraud.

9th of Apr, 2010

I am very much interested in persueing a class action law suit so please keep me in the loop if anyone does it. There must be a lawyer out there that will take on the case. I will be filing with the New Hampshire AG's office Today. Thanks

• Ri
      25th of Mar, 2010

I went to a seminar on Nov 21, 2009 where I was told the same story regarding my timeshare and how we'd be locked into the timeshare contract starting Jan 1, 2010. We also were told that the fee's would steadly increase and be attached to our childrens credit if anyone happened to me. I and my sister signed over our timeshares on Nov 21, 2009 with promise that it would be taken care of and done by January 1st, 2010 as per contract states. Contract also states they'd assume all maintnance, real estate tax & morgage by Jan 1, 2010. I continued to try to contact them acter January first because my money was automatically deducted in January ... then Febuary.. On Febuary 10 I called Colorado Springs Police department and they went to their address to make sure they were legit. The police officer said they were there and informed them to contact me. Finally received a call 2 weeks later where they tried to tell me my numbers weren't working although they called the same phone number I had forever. I spoke with Kenneth earlier that day and then had Deb call me back to have me send copies of my maintnance and morgage fee's that were charged to me, and informed me that they'd reimburse me for them once they received the documents. I sent them the beginning of March and still have not heard a word from them. I also have tried to contact Jim at his "personal line" a long with the assortment of numbers I was given to contact them. I contacted the police department today and was refered to the Attorney Generals office.

• 1m
      16th of Mar, 2010

I also fell prey to VV. It has now been over 14 months and still no transfer. I paid my maintenance fees as instructed to do on the paperwork and sent them the bill but they have not reimbursed me yet. I sent a letter to the CO AG office and got a response back from their BBB that there was no response from VV. I sent a letter to news papers in the area but no response. I have filed a complaint with my Indiana States AG. I have sent VV registered letters, I have called left messages, I have sent e mails and no response from anyone. I have tried to call both representatives who were present at the presentation and their phones say they havent set up their voice mail boxes yet. I have checked with an attorney who said I cannot file suit against them in federsl court because the damages are not over $75, 000 so I will have to go there (Colorago Springs) to file suit. Usually the only winner in a class action suit is the lawyers.

• Co
      16th of Mar, 2010

We have the very same thing happening with us and Vacation Ventures.
    We spoke to our lawyer about this and he said that we need to file a complaint with our State Attorney generals office and the more complaints filed the better chance that a class action lawsuit would be filed.
    So any one that has had this happen please file with your State Attorney generals office.

• Mn
      7th of Mar, 2010

I agree with everyone of the complaints. Every thing ends up at a dead end. Here are some names, phone numbers, and other items:
    1. BBB Complaint Department; Trade Practice Consultant Pam Richardson
    Phone # 719.636.1155; Web site address
    My Case # with the BBB is 37012910
    2. MN Department of Commerce phone # 651.296.2467
    Enforcement Division % Cheri Libby, Sr. Investigator
    Market Assurance Division
    3. Colorado General Attorney phone # 303.866.4500 John Suthers
    % Kathy in Consumer Protection (also there was Jay who talked more)
    www.ago.state.co.us for the complaint form under consumer protection tab, click on
    black link 'filing a complaint"
    Our property was in Cancun, MX regarding the Avalon Grand. The meeting we attended was back in July of 2008 in St. Cloud, MN. They said it would take anywheres from 12 to 18 months for the paper work to be complete. The collection agency is on our tails now for unpaid fees, plus interest. We are beside ourselves wondering what do we do?
    These folks need to know that not everything is fine in the timeshare world!!!
    My e-mail address is sebabcock@mywdo.com. Cell phone # 320.282.4082. My name is Ed.
    I have not contacted an attorney yet. Is there anyone who has? Please let me know what you know. Thank you. There is a lot more I could say and possibly share but it would take up to much space.

3rd of Mar, 2010

We bought into Vacation Ventures sales pitch. Having the same problems everyone else is having with the company. They paid our maintenance fees for 2009 (late) but they haven't paid 2010. Which are racking up late fees. We were going to pay them but advice from our attorney said not to.
    We have filed a report with the Better Business Bureau in Colorado Springs Co. They also tried to contact them with no success. At this point we don't know what to do, to get some results.
    We also tried to get them to send back the Quit Claim deed and we haven't succeeded with that either. Until its filed with the state our time share is in, it is still in our name.
    Yes we would be interested in filing a class action suit against Vacation Ventures llc. Don't know how to go about doing that.

Very upset over this Dick

• Dc
      13th of Jan, 2010

We fell for the same spiel. Ours was in Spring of 2008. They did pay our 2008 maintenance fees. We have faxed them the 2009 maintenance fee plus we had an assessment fee this year. So far we have not heard anything and don't expect to after reading this. We also do not get an answer when we call.

We filed a complaint with the BBB. This is what we heard back:

"The Better Business Bureau has made several attempts to contact the business regarding the above referenced complaint. We regret to inform you that we have not received a response from the company.

The Better Business Bureau develops and maintains Reliability Reports on companies in our service area. This information is available to the public and is frequently used by potential customers. In the case of your complaint, the company's failure to promptly give attention to the matter will be reflected in the report we give to consumers about them.

Thank you for contacting the BBB of SC, this concludes our processing of your complaint."

I have e-mailed them back asking them to look into the company's business practice. I will hopefully hear something back.

I found another complaint/review that posted the phone numbers from the Vacation Ventures postcard. He called the number, left a message and they called him back. Lucky for him he was able to some research before he was supposed to go and found the complaints. Unfortunately I didn't write the numbers down and will need to do another search to find them.

Looking for advice on what we should do.