Vacation Hub International

PO BOX1912 SOMERSET WEST
Somerset West, South Africa
Phone: 0871502230
vacationhub.co.za
Attend a presentation at Three River Lodge Vereeniging.Bought membership based on what the agent Marc Boshoff promised. Sign documents which look like only general info collected on front pages. Later discover it was actually a contract at the reverse pages with the terms and conditions. Paid R9174.00 as deposit with the credit card on the straight facility via powerpoint. The following were the lies told by Marc and which were discovered when I had a closer look at the contract on the 29 December 2013.
*Interest free- contract states you have to pay 8% interest per year on reliance fee for following 10 years.
*After the 2 year period NO fees at all, thats why its not like timeshare-contract says you must pay reliance fee which increase with 8% and if you dont pay it you cant use the system- it must also be paid in the beginning of the year in advance.
*Members can start using the system within 10 days after payment-contract says you are registerd after 10 weeks.
*Breakfast is standard on all accomodation bookings-vouchers state its accomodation only.
Complaint comments Comments (29)    Updated: Complaint country South Africa Complaint category Vacation Clubs

Comments

N  14th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

Vacationshub/calypso cay - Refund not actioned-ignoring emails after promising to process
Vacationshub.com
Florida
vacationshub.com

I requested a refund shortly after purchasing a vaction package at Caypso Cay, within my 30 day cancellation period. I was instructed this would go ahead. This has not & they are now ignoring emails/contact.
A  17th of Jan, 2014 by    +2 Votes
You cant get hold of these people in the first 6 weeks to cancel. I attend the presentation on the 10th December 2013 and only managed to get hold of them on the 14 January 2014 after I surprised them with a visit at another presentation. They refuse to cancel because its now after 5 days as stipulated in the contract ALTHOUGH Marc said ones got 3 weeks to cancel. This is how they operate the scheme, lie to the public and make sure that they cant get hold of you to cancel if they discovered all the lies.
This people must be investigated and stopped. Since when can you lie or give false information, take their money and refuse to cancel when client is unhappy about misleading facts.
A  17th of Jul, 2014 by    -1 Votes
Been deceived. Attended presentation on 07 July 2014. Paid deposit of R5749.00. Nothing being said of any challenges or scams or cancellation fees. The presentation is all rosy and presentable. But research the company and you find many problems and even more complaints. I need to cancel this contract as soon as possible. How to find you? Please reply
A  10th of Aug, 2014 by    +1 Votes
all the benefits etc are false, the overseas travel, no way to contact these people, we paid full price to Thailand, the promise of a free holiday ?, stop orders are taken although we have cancelled the contract, discovery health refuse to reverse the budget amounts on credit card .also sage do not respond to the request to stop the debit orders
any help please
N  10th of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
they cant get away with this
A  28th of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
so true this happend to me also same sales person i was in time to cancel but they dont want to these people have no ethics of honesty
N  19th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
@raynardaaa How did you manage to cancel ..?? I've phoned the company and they won't even give me their postal or physical address to send a registered letter..
A  28th of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
and to add the worst after you have this, its all one big fraud because what the person said on the seminar isn't true the prices much more than what he said
A  16th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
Good day,
I had the same experience as the complainer.
All the lies Marc Boshoff and Corrie Ferreira told me is 100% the same.
I phoned the salesperson, the company, mailed them. NO responds.
I couriered them my cancellation within the required 5 day period. NO responds.
I am going to open a Fraud case against them, report them to SARS, CIPRO, Consumers Board, and going to place all the compaints on their websites for everybody to be warned.
I am requesting everybody that had similar experience to do the same and report them everywhere possible and open a fraud case against them.
They need to be stopped.
N  2nd of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Margaret Meyer I was to late to read this. me too ripe off with 14399 now they don't wan't cancel my member ship as I call them and send them email so many time. i manage to charge back this amount. at presentation they told me debit order for 300 now they debiting my account for 3000. sale man don't answer my call any more. this is big scam
N  31st of Jan, 2016 by    +2 Votes
Margaret I sent about 30 e-mails with my concern but nobody listen. I want to go to the newspapers. This will be my last time to try and put my side of what happened and hope to get an answer.

In April 2015 we are invited to attend a meeting and they said it is not timeshare. Marcs talk to us and Carl was also there. I told Marcs we do not have money for holidays then he said he promised to
Sell my timeshare points and I can get up to R60, 000.00 for it. I must just give him 6 weeks time from date. I said I want to give my flexi club points back in May 2015. He asked me not to do it because he
Promised to pay my yearly fee for me and give my money back if he did not sell anything. (I want to give back my flexi club points due to that I am going on pension and will not have money in future for it).

I paid R9, 149.00 that night. Nobody could read the contract because we run out of time and when I came home I nearly had a heart attack when I saw all the small print. He never mentioned the 30 years. He only
talked about paying for 2 years the fee. Then after a couple of phone calls and e-mails somebody phoned me while I was at SARS and could not talk a lot. I was crying and could not really talk at SARS. Then the following payment was much less and after e-mails it was said that they changed my contract. Now I paid less but still did not have any benefit because I cannot pay for holidays. I had to
pay my yearly fee for flexiclub. Now I will give it back in May 2016. The 6 vouchers they gave are 4 for overseas and 2 for SA. I did not used it because I tried to sort out this big mess.

I hope Marcs played lekker golf because he steel my money.

If you people cannot sell the timeshare as promised then you breached the contract as well, but that is not said in the contract. God knows that I am not talking nonsense. He must just know God is not sleeping.

If you can lie you can steel as well.

Thanks Margaret. Sorry I come down on you but put yourself in my shoes.
A  10th of Mar, 2016 by     Best Advice +5 Votes
Hi,
If any of you have made the deposit using a bank card and have not been refunded as yet, I suggest you contact your bank to dispute the transaction on grounds of the merchant not upholding their refund policy. Give your bank all the evidence you have regarding the cancellation/refund request. Your bank should submit a chargeback instruction to their bank and you get your money back. They have 2 weeks to prove that your dispute and the chargeback was not valid.
IMPORTANT: If there are large amounts of people lodging disputes/chargebacks against these guys, they get placed on a MATCH list or get reported in a "Terminated Merchant File". So, reporting a dispute/chargeback on these guys not only helps you get your money back but also contributes towards stopping them from conning others.

All cards issued by international card brands support chargebacks. Contain the bank that issued your card. As a MasterCard or Visa Issuer they should facilitate you in this process.

Regards
Anon
N  18th of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
@M hereToHelp THANK YOU 'ANON'
This was the best advice ever !!!
It took the bank (FNB) only 3 days and the charge back was done for the full amount.

We are gratefull for your excellent advise...

Carol and Francois
N  7th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
@M hereToHelp Dear Anton, I also failed victim to this bunch. I followed your advice to the tie My bank ABSA ( master card). I am currently told that they can effect a charge back. The sheriff delivered my letter and also another complainer, letters to this address as per contract toady. They signed for acceptance. Do you have any advice?
N  7th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Piet13 My bank currently say a chargeback is not possible - What is the rules - How can you help
@Piet13 Hi,

I have manage to charge back with my bank Standard bank. as they not providing service. and i have request to cancel member ship. but not getting any response. please email them and if not getting any response attach that email with your dispute
A  24th of Jul, 2016 by    +1 Votes
i was caught with the same scam on 21 stJjuly 2016 .at Bon Hotel Vereeniging . paid R 14 000 deposit . Only the deposit was paid with a credit card and apparently Nedbank says that one cannot reverse a credit card payment . ??
Surely if we all pull together we can stop these people as they just carry on with the scheme.
Cannot see why we should all be anonymous..
I can be contacted at the following mail add . : oxlip@blaga.co.za
N  18th of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Willie Harmse We were in the same boat.
We went to the Lakeside FNB in Benoni and the consultant told us that the transaction could not be reversed.
We then read 'Anons' advise regarding Chargebacks. We printed a copy of it and went to FNB at Woodbridge Center in Kempton Park after having first phoned FNB and being told it could be done
All we needed was proof that we had notified VHI of our cancellation within the 5 day cooling off period. It took a few minutes to fill in a dispute form ... and 3 days later our money was paid back to us a a Chargeback
N  15th of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes
I had the same issues as all of you. I managed to trace down a guy from SAGE you helped me. VHI uses SAGE to collect the debit orders. Sage do not want to be associated with fraudulent businesses. SAGE managed to stop my debit orders and now I am fighting for my deposit taken from my credit card. I am sure you can contact this guy from SAGE directly. The more complaints he receive the better chance there is to stop these scammers. Soothill, Gary
N  23rd of Sep, 2016 by    0 Votes
Goodday. Attended a presentation of theirs last night at Tuinland Nursery in Vereeniging. I did not sign because the whole presentation was just wrong in my personal opinion. An employee with VHI whom I recognised from two years ago and who had made false promises then whilst working for another company just confirmed my doubts. After resort to the net today and seeing all previous comments from many dissatisfied people I am very glad that I was not caught in this scam. I just don't understand how these people are getting away with this nonsense for so many years already. Mind boggling. Just my 10 cents. Heads up to Google
N  26th of Sep, 2016 by    0 Votes
Hi, we were unfortunately caught with the same trick by VHI. We paid R 14399 upfront and now it is time for the monthly payments, but we want to cancel before that happens, also not prepared to pay the huge early termination penalty. any feedback on how to go about this?
N  8th of Feb, 2017 by    0 Votes
@JD Jordaan Hello, what did you do eventually I also need some help?
A  18th of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
We were in the same boat..having been lied to by Mark of VHI and having been conned to pay a deposit of R9148 per credit card.
We sent registered letters, emails and faxes to VHI within the 5 day cooling of period..as did our lawyer and received no response.
As the agreement also provided for a monthly payment per debit order against our Credit Card we went to the bank and cancelled the card so they could not process the debit order. We received a new card, at no cost, 5 days later.
We then read about the Chargeback facility that 'Anon' posted on this site ( Posted 10 March) It was the best advice ever.
We visited the bank (FNB) on late Tueday afternoon and all they needed was proof that we advised VHI within the 5 day cooling of period and to sign a dispute form.
Friday morning we had a call from FNB's dispute department asking us to confirm that we received no goods or services.
We expected to wait 2 weeks for results. To our astonishment we were told the chargeback woul be done within 20 minutes to an hour. AND VOILA WE GOT OUR MONEY BACK ...Thanks to Anon and the fast and excellent sevice from FNB
Carol And Francois
N  26th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
I tried to book the vouchers and with the seven days in Pletterberg you have to eat all meals in the hotel ans you need to pay this in advance.

The Thailand voucher, we were told, we can take our adult children with, unfortunately they have to be 30 years plus, being together for more than two years and earn EUR30000 per annum!!! WOW! For that salary we will be on holiday in the Alps all year!

The Bushveld week is pay for one day, get one day!!! This is really a rip-off.
Good day,

I have sign up member ship for VHI with you 17 July 2017. At the time of presentation you and you manager told me that I am going to get 40% discount on international flights and 30% on domestic flights. And 12 travel certificates which you going to sell and deposit 108000 into my account within 6 to 8 weeks.
When I Request to book my flight then I came to that whole thing is based on lies and fake information. and this is bi scam. I want SAPS to investigate about this

Hamid Mahmood
N  9th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
HI, I was caught by the same trick by Marc of VHI. I had to pay R9149 at the presentation and Marc get me to sign the contract before reading the contract because we run out of time, I nearly got heart attack when I read the contract at home. I tried to phone them but the number does not exist, I send e-mail ask them to cancel my contract, but the did not respond. A few days ago a lady by the name of Sandra phone me and told me that I can't cancel the contract because I did not cancel it within % days after signing it, but Marc said I had 60 days to cancel if I want to. I received an e-mail today to let me know that I had to pay R12, 578.13 to cancel my contract. Is there nobody that can stop this people to steel from us.
N  19th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
O... No!! all in the same trap.
I signed up on 12-09-2017 with lots of promises. The consultant Stephan and his managers Lukas Muller and Carl Lukas also promised me that I can cancel within 6-8 weeks. I went on leave for a week and whala...return to read the contract in detail and find a book full of surprises.
Been a owner of timeshare points they even looked at my portfolio (Timeshare) and promise me that they will rent out my T-Share and that I only have to pay the deposit of R14399. They guarantee me that the outstanding amount will be covered by my t-share rental which they only take 20% from for admin fees.
No such thing when I read through the contract. In fact head office "TCO Admin" inform me that there is no such cover or guarantee.
The only person to date that I can get hold of at VHI is Sandra Taljaard.
Is there any way to get the deposit back and to stop the debit order without cancelation of the card at the bank?
A  19th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
We have the same problem. We signed in June 2017 with Johan@dyn-sol.co.za and Dean Van Schoor and paid a deposit of R 5250.00. Was told cancellation no problem if we decide its not what we really need or want. Sent a cancellation via email and register post to the address on the contract. No luck, so we sent a letter via a lawyer. That also got no response. I doubt we can now get help for reversal via the bank as its already October? Has anybody received any threats or summons from Vacation Hub International for non payment of the monthly amount?
Michelle

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree

Vacation Hub International (VHI) Logo Vacation Hub International (VHI)
Customer Care Service