VA Hospital

Posted:

FALSE STATEMENTS

3.75
VA MEDICAL CENTER
I HAVE BEEN IN THE VAMC FOR NEARLY A YEAR GETTING THE SAME RUN AROUND FROM MARYLAND TO NEW JERSEY AND THEN NEW YORK. I AM WAITING ON A SURGERY IN THE EAST ORANGE VAMC AND HAVE BEEN HERE FOR 4 MONTHS GETTING THE RUN AROUND FROM THE PLASTIC SURGEONS WHO ORIGIANLLY TOLD ME THEY WOULD DO THE SURGERY AND THEN NEVER SAID ANYTHING ELSE AND THIS IS HOW THE TAX PAYERS MONEY IS BEING SPENT HOUSING VETERANS FOR MONTHS AND I STILL TO THIS DAY HAVE HAD NO SURGERY AND NOW THEY WANT ME TO PAY FOR THE SURGERY AT THE NEWARK UNIVERSITY SO I AM REALLY LOST FOR WORDS AND FRUSTRATED BEYOND THOUGHT.
Complaint comments Comments (9) Complaint country United States Complaint category Medical Negligence and Deficiency
More VA Hospital Complaints & Reviews
VA Hospital - blaytant robery [17]

Comments

N  29th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes

VA Hospital - missing channel
VA Hospital Nursing Home
Colorado

What is wrong with the channel AMC 64, Its been off since Thursday evening?

All the movies are being missed, please restore.

Patient
A  2nd of May, 2014 by    0 Votes
Your not the only one. I'm on month 11 and am only now getting a surgery date due to their total incompetence. It took 3 months to find out the problem because the refused to do a scope from the 1st admission through the next 8-9. Once they did it was obvious what the problem was and that I had to have surgery. For the next 7 months I got the run around. Everything from telling me they would do something and never do it to telling me I'm doing better and they hadn't done any tests for a couple months and I still had all the problems. I couldn't eat anything solid due to a blockage. Total liquid diet for the last 10 months. After all this and complaints and threats of calling my congressman they decided to send me to a specialist at the university of Iowa who did his test and told them exactly what surgery needed to be done. At this point they downgraded the surgery so they could do it. I told them that there was no way I trusted them with a scalpel when they couldn't even set appointments and tell the truth. Especially since after the sent me to a specialist that they even told me was the best in the state and they didn't even go with his recommendation. They decided to send the surgery over to him and I find out my surgery date in 3 days. It kind of makes me wonder about the people who couldn't hold out for 11 months.
N  8th of Oct, 2014 by    +1 Votes
Many complaints go un-resolved and the new Secretary's plans means many will not receive care for several years, if at all,
this will result in misuse of funds, deaths and improper treatment and care, especially for the "older" vet.

Our elected officials take better care of ensuring our "enimies" foreign countries and big business receive the
immediate attention and funds. We veterans must unit to "bring to light" the many problems we are facing and the
rights we are denied, yet many gove all to ensure those rights for others. Where are the people of this country
who will step forward and help a veteran for a change. Any vet wishing to join in a class action complaint aganist
the VA and Congressinal leaders please send information to cleanupgreenup@yahoo.com attention veterans
project.
N  21st of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes

VA Hospital - Poor staff treatment of military veteran
VA hospital
Gibson Blvd. SE
Albuquerque
Phone: 505-265-1711

I would like this audience to please give me suggestions on where I can submit a formal complaint letter against an employee of the Albuquerque VA hospital. I am already writing a complaint letter to my senator, but I would like to inform as many others as possible. Thank you.
N  15th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
@TazzycatNM You could try a couple of things. One, write letter to your VA. Not the hospital, and to the secretary of the VA up in, I think, Virginia. It is easy to find out where he is and what his phone number is and the address too. If that doesn't work call the local TV news and see if you can't get some attention to the problem there.
A  17th of May, 2016 by    0 Votes
please contact the Inspector generals office in DC. Make sure its in writing and as detailed as possible. Make sure you do not admit you were at fault for anything, sorta like I was late, or I lost my meds, or don't ever ever ever saying anything threatening, they put that in your records. I was asked if I was married and I jokingly said yes, me and my rubber ducky are very happy. That joke was written into my medical records as a mental disorder and i needed emergency attention ! it took me over a year to straighten it out, but the nurse refused to pull her diagnosis of mental psychosis. http://www.va.gov/oig/contact/ Department of Veterans Affairs Office of Inspector General. they have a fax line, so you don't have to mail it. make sure you keep a copy of the letter you faxed as it most often will get lost and make sure you have the date and time stamp on your fax and the number you faxed it to. It saved me 100K because the VA claimed I did not file a appeal as they had no record of it. I produced a 3 yr old copy of the fax and they had to pay me back pay because they screwed up.. But if I would not have kept the copy, I would have lost a 100% service connect disability claim and over 2 million in life time payments and medical services. God Bless and Good Luck, they have full time staff to screw with you and are trained to do so. So be self promoting and look after yourself "BECAUSE THE VA BUREAUCRATS HATE THAT !"
N  15th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
It took me more than 10 years and me having to buy my own outside insurance to find out I had a torn tendon. The VA refused a complete MRI on my ankle or if they did they did not say I had a torn tendon. My ankle is damaged now to the point I have arthritis and can hardly walk. I paid out over 6k to get surgery. The VA has totally let us done on every level. But not to worry because I swear to you that help is on the way.
See this photograph.
N  15th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
I had gone to see an advocate many times for many different things that has happened to me, but non compare to what happened when I called in to make an appointment with my Cardiologist. The 10$ an hour person was able to see my files and she said to me, "Are you still using?" I said, using what? She replied, "well it says here you are an alcoholic, a drug user, and a smoker." I was so shocked that I began to cry. I had never been an alcoholic, I had never been a drug user, and I don't smoke either. I was devastated to know that someone who worked there could dare to put such lies on my chart. Note: this all started after I began to make complaint after complaint about everything that I felt was just plain wrong. They mistreat us so badly, and flat out lie.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree