Utsav Sarees / Poor customer service

1 HB34S Crown PlazaNew York, NY, United States Review updated:

I am very happy with Utsav Sarees, All the product are very beautiful I always suggest others to shop at www.utsavsarees.com but I am very angry with their customer service their talking behaviour is not so good.

They should try new experienced team for customer service. I have more products which shop from www.utsavsarees.com It's very nice, I am happy they have 12000 more designs of Sarees Salwar Kameez, Lehnga Cholis, Footwear and Jewelry also.

Comments

• La
      22nd of Mar, 2008

Do not buy from utsav, they are cheater dogs, that is a insult to dogs they are cheater frauds, they are like " you give me your money and I ignore you even if I send you the wrong stuff." Utsav is the worst company I have ever ordered from and I have ordered a lot of stuff online, my 10 yr nephew could sew a better salwar kameez then the idiot tailors at utsav. Do buy anything from them at all.

• Mr
      8th of Apr, 2008

Parvati Exports is one of the best Manufacturer and seller of Designer Sarees, Art Georgette Sarees, Traditional Sarees, Kashmiri Sarees, Embroidery Sarees, Printed Sarees

• Aj
      14th of Apr, 2008

UTSAV saree has great website but will NOT back up their guarantee. Their stitching is the worst I have ever seen. They send leftovers and seconds overseas. They sell you one thing then say it is "damaged in processing, please choose something else". This happened at least 5 times. DO NOT shop from them.

10th of May, 2008

utsav saree is great website containing large collection of sarees.

Anju

(http://www.shoppingsurat.com)

• Og
      28th of May, 2008

Utsav Saree is sucks!
    don't believe their inviting web-site.

we ordered a clothe and paid the money two months ago. they've still not send our order.

when i want to tell them my problem, they're always saying :
    "we will send your order in 2-3 days"

that's a LIE !
    they stole my money ! not directly but they have money but didn't send my order!

if any authorized personal of utsav may read that, i'll give my order number to believe us.

Order No : UT30929

• Aa
      19th of Aug, 2008

I think ustav should either close down or really step up on their services especially their tailoring skills!

USTAV if you are going to make people wait 6-8 weeks for their order ATLEAST make sure you stitched it properly!!!

2nd of Sep, 2008

Do NOT but from Utsav. They are misleading and do not stand by their products. Their website is full of lies. They made mistakes in sizing for both of my outfits. I was very specific on the measurements and they stitched things too small. It was their error and I have sent pictures with these items on to show the size that they came and what my orginal order said (was 5 inches off). They won't even recognize that this was there error. In addition, beading is already coming off, and I would not have minded that as much if I haven't had such a hard time on the other issue.

They lie to customers and are ripping people off. I woudl recommend doing your shopping form venues in Houston, Chicago, NY and LA. Ehile these prices for clothing might be a bit more than utsav, at leats you know what you are getting for and can control the situation. Utsav has given me the complete run around and it is very unfortunate.

They also cannot do anything in less than 6 weeks time. Do not believe this story of being able to ship things in 2 to 3 days. It's not possible and you will just be frutsrated. iw as going to buy all of my families cloithes from Utsav for my wedding, but wanted to see what my experience was. I refuse to do that now given this experience.

In the United States, Canada or Europe, such a company would be shut down. Not only for misrepresenting themselve sonline, but also ripping customers off and giving them poor quality products or things with errors so customers have to pay again to have things fixed. It's a scam. Stay away.

DO NOT BUY FROM UTSAV

• As
      15th of Sep, 2008

I did not like the shopping experience with the Utsav team AT ALL. I had placed orders for many salwar kameezs but when I received what I had ordered and what I had asked for, things did not match.
    I had to call india a number of times asking them to replace the orders but their corporation was very poor. Not only were they rude but their attitude towards the my complaints was shocking. I could not get the salwaars to go past my ankle and I was told to have it altered by a local tailor. I sent the items back after many complaint emails and asked for a refund but they would not refund the money. I had to choose items from their web and I am still waiting for a whole month yet I am told that they are still packaging the order.
    Each time I ask about the order, I am told that they could not respond due to back connections with the internet.
    The Jaipur and Delhi locations had their phone numbers up but it seems like the employees do not take customer service as a priority at all.
    I am shocked about the way they have behaved and WOULD NOT RECOMEND any one outside india to waste their time or money at Utsav.

• Sh
      15th of Sep, 2008

UTSAV is the WORST PLACE i have ever shopped at. CHEAP ###!!! they are all liers.
    They suck in all aspects of customer service and they have attitude, they are a complete rip off. You can get better clothes at a goodwill store then at Utsav!!!
    I spoke to their team of Mr Sohan Rawat from Delhi, Hari Kant from Jaipur, Anil Jain from Jaipur... ALL CHEAP ###S!
    Utsave can not stitch for ###... I mean they are full of ###
    DON'T BUY FROM UTSAV

30th of Sep, 2008

I reordered a blouse (and had to pay for it) even after they made a stitching mistake and made the blous too short. I called india about 10 times, talked to several people and had ongoing e-mail exhcnages where I was guaranteed the blous would match the lengha and it arrived today, the blouse doesn't match at all. they lie and steal money and i will NEVER order from them again. I made a big mistake.

I encourage all of you to send daily e-mails or perhaps we can get a group together and start targeting them and writing about them on different sites so we at least get our money back and also warn other shoppers. There is power in numbers and UTSAV needs to know that that just because we are not in india, they can't just take our money and give us poor quality or wrong items and there not be consequences to their reputation.

If anyone is interested please post a note here and I will send an e-mail address where we can start something up and demand a refund.

18th of Oct, 2008

i paid for a saree over 3 weeks ago and still i have not recieved it, i emailed them several times regarding my order but they failed to reply, the funny thing is when i used to send a query before i placed an actual order they were very prompt in replying!! ...

• Vi
      29th of Oct, 2008

i have never seen a online which is so fraudulent in my life. They have a very good website and most of the items, they show is not available. They will be first get money and later ask to change the item, change the color etc., which totally defeats the purpose of buying what you want. The typical pathetic replies are

'your order got damaged in the final stage, please select another item'

'your item is available only in a different color'

'our email was not working, so could not reply'

'your order is in the final stage and will be shipped in 2 days (it has been more than 45 days, since they are saying this and i have not received my item)'.

We should complain this website to proper authorities, otherwise the cheating will go on.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER buy from them? You can take my word for it.

• Ni
      15th of Nov, 2008

I ordered something a month ago and still havent received they said shipping would happen in 4-5 days but its now 10 days and still they did not ship out. I feel i will be waiting a long time. Also the 2-3 day thing is a lie as well.Its a shame because they have beautiful products and would maybe get new outfit evry paycheck, but they dont deliver on what they portray.

• Ni
      22nd of Nov, 2008

UPdate : NOw after a monththey tell me item is not available in color i ordered, only peach color..Wtf?! they tell me 4-5 more days now they dont have right color...it took a month to notice? they obviously were not working on item...

• 12
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I have not seen this site before...;-(

I ordered a saree...donno whatz gonna happen OMG..!!!

• So
      20th of Feb, 2009

I just received my saree from Utsav which was in perfect condition and was VERY pretty!

I DID see all the complaints about their services in MANY websites but still decided to go ahead with my order (reluctantly) as the sarees were too gorgeous (and affordable) to resist. I couldn't get the saree I originally ordered because I received an e-mail saying the item was damaged while processing so they asked me to change my order. This is when I got scared because I read about the many people who got the same "damaged while processing" e-mail and ended up not getting any saree! I e-mailed them the code of a different saree and was pleasantly surprised that my order got through and was being shipped! Soon it was in my mail box and I am a VERY satisfied customer!

My advice to those of you out there: DO order but be prepared to send e-mails enquiring about your order and reminding them when you want it by.

Once you get the saree, I'm sure there will be no regrets.

• Ge
      26th of Feb, 2009

I just recieved my order. It is perfect.

• Ge
      26th of Feb, 2009

Yes I received my 2 very BEAUTIFUL SAREES AND 1 RED SALWAR KAMEEZ on the 24th February and I am very happy with my purchase. Thank you so much and keep up the good work I am very impressed with the quality of your sarees they are absolutely amazing. I have never seen sarees like UTSAV anywhere else in the shop or anyother website. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK WELL DONE. BEST REGARDS, SHILA.

• Ca
      27th of Feb, 2009

We bought a saree listed online for $549.18 AUS. After two weeks haggling over a simple blouse design it was finally shipped. And this was their express ship saree (3 day ship)! When we got the saree it had rips on the border, the stone and zari / wire work were coming out and the blouse was stitched with a completely different design and had holes in it. Looks like it was stitched by an amateur tailor. We Got the saree valued here in AUS at 4 different stores all said it was worth a maximum of $150.00.

Now we've been bitten, and cannot get money back. They immediately introduced a new policy that they cannot return stitched item. No where did it state that prior to purchase.

Buyers be extremely careful when dealing with UTSAV, take your money elsewhere and don't waste you time, unless you want to be ripped off with fake and cheap imitations of advertised goods on their website. STAY AWAY from them. I'm sharing my pain, because there is nothing I can do, rather then stop other people getting bitten by UTSAV.

30th of Mar, 2009

Oh I did not see this site before ordering. I wish I had. We'll see how it turns out. I should have done better research. I have had many problems with eshakti before too before they stopped selling salwar kameez. They finally got it right after deciding they wanted to open up a different site for indian clothes. I will just harass Utsav if there is a problem. Hopefully there isn't.