UShip / bad business

I am a legal transporter who has used uship for several years now. They have NO backbone on their site for any problems that protect either the transporter, or the shipper. All they care about is greedy money. They let all these *** illegal wannabe transporters on there, who scam good shippers out of their hard earned money, and their property. Uship has put a lot of good legal transporters like myself out of business, because of their scamming ways, of letting illegal conduct business on there site. These SCABS offer cutthroat prices and steal business away from legal transporters like myself and others! Uship site if bad for business in America, and Uship NEEDS to be SHUTDOWN !!! Their ###-head leader, Mickey is a farce, he has NO balls, and will not even answer any emails sent to him about all the B.S. going on, on Uship ! I hope others will add comment about this piece of crap site, and someone will put an end to it, they knowingly let illegals join and do nothing about it, just so they can get richer of blue collar guys like me.

Va

Comments

• Ca
      5th of Jun, 2008

I entered into an agreement to have a motorcycle shipped to me by USHIP--the so-called service provider by the name of Timothy Fugatt did not arrange shipping, kept $500 of my money and told me to go to hell! USHIP refuses to refund the money because they said "to contact law enforcement" while also stating that they had terminated the service provider for "trust and safety issues"--NENER USE USHI(T)P

17th of Jun, 2008

THEY ARE HORRIBLE AND I CAN SEE A LAWSUIT COMING OUT OF THEIR VICTIMS. IT ATTRACTS THEIVES AND LIARS.

• Tr
      16th of Jul, 2008

I have no idea about this complaint, but i own a trucking company and I think Uship.com is a joke. Uship.com corners the market with advertising online about shipping everything from people to dogs to vehicles. Uship.com has trucking companies from all over begging people for their business. Thats real cool. Truckers have to beg people to pay them cheap to ship something. So now you got tom dick and harry trucking moving peoples stuff. Insured licensed bonded ...who cares they will move it for you for a cheap pitiful price. Uship.com deserves every bit of money they make for watching trucking companies beg for business from people that have no respect for the truckng industry. I've checked uship.com out a few times and almost cried when i saw these peoples comments to eachother. Uship.com is a leading advertiser online for shipping. They use the eBay logo. I guess affiliated with eBay. I thought eBay was smarter than that..I hope the founder of Ebay reads this and can look himself in the mirror and realize what a pitiful site uship.com is and how it devalues a service industry like trucking to beg people for their work. Anyway, keep up making the money uship.com, you are doing great! enjoy every cent of devalueing the trucking industry. And founder of eBay...enjoy all that money too! You guys are doing great in exchange for legal truckers on the road.

Thank you for reading this...not that anyone really cares but i just had to let out little frustration. I love trucking and I guarantee if I have to resort to using uship.com for work, i'll get out of the trucking business..I'd have to. I dont want to beg people for their work.

• St
      19th of Aug, 2008

USHIT SHOULD BE SUSPENDED!!! THE SO CALLED STUDENTS THAT CREATED USHIP NEEDS TO HAVE THEIR HANDS SLAPPED AND BE BANDED OFF THE WEB FOR PLAYING WITH REAL TRANSPORTERS LIVES/JOBS!!!
    We got suspened (and "new" to uship) indef. off some CRAZY "shipper" that wanted a 4, 000 pound trailer moved 811 miles (in the HILLS) for $200.00. I simply asked him in ? & answers "you cant be serious? - Is this a mistake?" the shipper asnwered back - I "RUBBED" him wrong! BOOM!!! I was flagged! FOR WHAT?????????????????????????????????????? BOOM!!! I WAS SESPENED!!! FOR WHAT!!!
    This has to be against the law!!! I would take them to court in a heart beat for this crap if a lawyer would grab it!

2nd of Dec, 2008

James Helmes is using uship.com to steal money and vehicles he has been paid to transport. Here is his profile: http://www.uship.com/profile/transportbr/

• Di
      15th of Feb, 2009

I have been with Uship since 2005! Not any more!!! Uship makes all people agree to their user agreement before they can create a profile or use the site. UShip does not enforce their user agreement unless it benefits the bottom line. Uship claims to be a neutral venue but continually violates that claim by removing parts of profiles and deleting post to help shippers hire legal qualified and USDOT compliant carriers. They say they are neutral yet they censer out the forums and the legal advice to shippers that help them hire legal carriers!
    I advise ALL SHIPPERS to avoid USHIP at all cost... Uship makes it hard to know if the one you are hiring is a registered USDOT qualified carrier! They promote the illegal carriers and suspend and remove the legal carriers from their site! A lot of the legal USDOT carriers that were on USHIP have left and the majority of the ones left are Illegal...If you want to be sure you are hiring a legal carrier just go to a search engine and type in shipping load boards for whatever you have to ship! You will get listings for load boards and brokers companies. If you want some good quality Carriers you can also go to WWW.STOPILLEGALTRUCKING.COM This is where all of the legal carriers from uship are going to...In fact the idea for this website was born out of the anger from UShip and to promote legal carrier safety on the road.
    UShip monitors and hates the stop Illegal trucking website...but there isnt a darn thing they can do to stop it!
    you can post your contact information there and hire a legal carrier.
    The USDOT also knows about Stop Illegal trucking, com and is working with some of the site designers to help raise awareness of illegal carriers. State troopers across parts of the country are working with carriers to help point out Illegal carriers and get them turned in and shut down...Its true that the money isnt there for a task force to shut down Illegal trucking...bvut if the illegal carriers are turned in the state and USDOT officials can shut them down and receive revenue from the fines imposed on illegal carriers!

STAY AWAY FROM USHIP... If you by chance use USHIP and hire someone that turns out to be a Unregistered non compliant carrier and they decide to steal your stuff or if the shipment gets lost or damaged you have absolutely no recourse for restitution...Uship will not help you recover the lost or stolen goods! If the carrier you hire is not USDOT registered and compliant and gets busted on the road at a roadside stop or gets involved in a accident, your stuff may be impounded for evidence or sold at a public auction to help pay for the fines that are imposed on the illegal carrier or on you for hiring a Illegal carrier...Its up to you if you want to take that chance... you have lots to lose and nothing to gain!

• Bo
      1st of Apr, 2009

Thanks for the information. I just deleted my bid from UShip. I speculated that there may be this kind of trouble, and so the comments here confirmed my concerns.

• Sw
      4th of Nov, 2009

i ship my stuff by uship in Auguste but now still don't get.

i doubt my stuff have lost.

• Ge
      3rd of Dec, 2009

This is a site found and use just like uship, but safer and much cheaper for everyone. only legal carriers. two ways to get there. www.theshippingdock.com or www.myebayshipment.com... i have talked to the owner of the site myself straitlaced guy.

• Im
      22nd of Feb, 2010

WOW THATS what i need to say YOU have so MUCH time to earn a LIVING and spen 2-4-12hrs POSTING--reading FINDING every thing WRONG with almost EVERY thing... MAYBE a few hrs of CREATIVE VENUE and you to could SAVE a few dimes to make a CALL YOUR MOM or MAYBE... Obama's : ask him for YOUR BAIL OUT...
    NEXT time+++++ VOTE CONSERVATIVE ++++++ but that's right YOUR vote DOES NOT COUNT anyway..
    YOUR right... THANKS for the 5/VOTES... LOL.. LOL ...HAHA... who's the JOKE NOW BILLYER /OBOMA/POLOSIKE/Kennedy/BUSH all part of the Progressive's ONE WORLD NATION ...AND by the way KEEP paying ..Terrifies Im looking forward to collecting my PAYROLL =Welfare check next yr
    TAX DAY TEA PARTY >>>> RACIST ... opp's AMERICAN... GOD LOVING//// TRUCK DRIVER== OWNER OPERATOR..
    GET INVOLVED stand FOR something or seat down and SHUT UP/// let the LADY'S carry YOUR ball's... and GO watch the PRO BOY'S throw there ball's...your good at that ... YOU like it too ... NOW drink a BEER for the ROAD ...

• Wo
      16th of Jan, 2012

U ship Ebay have the same theiving parents, do you really think they care about the people who use the site ? all they want is MONEY dontcare yours or mine as long as they get it . They could not give a tinkers toss if your shipment goes missing heck they dont even check who people are before letting themloose on us use Uship at your own risk should be called U ###

2nd of May, 2013

This is my story I had a car to be shipped and I advertised that shipment using uship, a carrier agreed to deliver my car to another city. After all the arranegements the carrier did not show up and disappeared, when I contacted uship they asked me to cancel my shipment and they would give the deposit back. It has been 25 days and still they have not given my money back !!! If there is a phone number or a site please let me know where I can send my complaint!!! Never never made the mistake I made.. Uship is a scam !!!

4th of Jan, 2014

Contact us for reliable reputable shipping:

MartinsMobile.net

info@MartinsMobile.net

You can find us on facebook to browse our shipments and we have reviews on uShip.

• Mh
      25th of Mar, 2014

They also illegally charge brokerage for marine shipments from the U.S. An industry regulated by the Federal Maritime Commission. A broker must be bonded and licensed before they are allowed to engage in the business. I have instructed my managers to file a complaint with the FMC and the TSA. Stay tuned...

• Je
      29th of May, 2014

Hi, I'm Jennifer, Customer Relations Manager at CitizenShipper. I
    was both shocked and dismayed to hear about your experience. I'm
    really sorry to hear that you had to go through all this.

I wanted to let you know about CitizenShipper.com. We're also an
    online shipping marketplace, and connect customers like you with
    drivers. What really distinguishes us from other service is our
    commitment to customer safety and satisfaction. Drivers on
    CitizenShipper undertake stringent screening checks before picking
    up any customer shipments, including a nationwide Background
    Check, and also address verification. We also feel our community
    policed review and feedback system helps users to weed out
    undesirable members leaving only the drivers who conduct
    themselves with professionalism and integrity. In addition to
    this, we've also just integrated a dispute resolution system which
    further enhances user safety on our site.

If you do find yourself in need of quotes and professional
    drivers, please reach out to me on jennifer 'at' citizenshipper
    dot com, or call me on 1-888-263-4804 and I'd be happy to find you
    a professional driver.

Thanks!

Jennifer

• Dr
      8th of Jul, 2015

The intro page states you can get bids between $575 to $975 with the average bid being $675, however this is not true and misleading. I scanned the active bids (over 2500) and they are all over $999, there are no bids for less.

• Pi
      10th of Nov, 2017

If you ever get a chance to come across a Timothy Diliberto from Eastern Carriers. AVOID HIM AT ALL COST. He is a scam artist. Him and his wife Audrey Preen created a "northern division - Eastern Carrier LLC". I called the head office in Kolkata and they had no record of their 'division'. They scammed myself and others on uShip. Be careful!

• Ss
      11th of Feb, 2018

I feel sorry for NONE of you. As a legal transport company I laugh at this website and the people who use it. You really expect a Legal Transport Company who has to pay on average 9-15K a year for transport/cargo insurance plus thousands of dollars for permits requested by the federal government to haul your property legally 1800 miles for 400$ I see multiple bids so low it wouldn't cover the fuel to drive there much less make any profit. And then I do a quick search through the SAFER website and these guys bidding and it shows that have NO authority to transport a pair of shoes much less cargo. So you pay for what you get... Cheap isn't always good and good isn't always cheap. You want Joe Bob to transport 15-50k freight for pennies than don't get mad when he shows up in a 1977 pickup truck with a rented uhaul trailer. Hope he doesn't damage your freight if he shows up at all. Good Luck!