US Postal Service / terrible place to work in
I was hired on as a casual-mailhandler at the PDC in Knoxville, TN 2 August, 2008. I originally applied two months earlier and every time I had all but wrote off the job, I would get a letter. I was dragged along for a few months, and meanwhile passed up good jobs in hopes that I had hit the motherload. Oh, I was wrong. When I finally did get hired on, and was introduced to organization, I saw the truth. I was treated not just like a Temporary employee. I found that to many I wasn't even considered a human being. I was never given a work schedule. I was never told how long my shift would be. I only knew when to work by being told I had to be back in 12 hours. I was never given a time card, and had to prod supervisors just to get a paper card to document my time. I would find out a day before I eventually quit that a time card had been made, and was sitting idle in the supervisor's office. The supervisor's response ' just didn't think I mattered enough'.
I was told by the 'union' members it wasn't their job to train me, and i was on my own. The only way to figure something out was to observe, or to do it wrong in order to be corrected. It was a total zoo, and after being yelled at I finally walked out on shift. I worked there a total of 2 weeks. I averaged 8 hour days, and only received 2 days off. I was told when I was hired I would work no more than 6 hours a shift, and under 40 hours a week.
It has been over a month, and I have yet to collect a dime in wages. I have called the USPS accounting department in Raleigh, NC. I was told my checks have been mailed out, and that I should have received them. I asked where they were mailed, and I was told to the postal center where I was employed. I called the postal center, and I was told 'that is your problem'.
My next plan of action is to report them to the department of labor, because the last time I checked slavery was outlawed in the 1860's.
More US Postal Service Complaints & Reviews
- United States Postal Service - not getting my mail 
- US Post Office - den of thieves within the post office 
- United States Post Office - mail delivery 
- USPS - mailman refuses to deliver to * 
- USPS - a joke of a tracking system! 
- United States Postal Service [USPS] - mail not delivered
- United States Postal Service [USPS] - unethical behaviour
- United States Postal Service [USPS] - home delivery
- United States Postal Service - general post office - deliveries 
- United States Postal Service [USPS] - antique taken from front porch