UPS Store / would not let me package my shipment in store

I went to ship my neice a christmas present this afternoon and had went out and purchased my own box and tape to save a couple dollars on them having to package it for me. I was outraged when the lady working there informed me that I could not package my shipment in their store because i wasn't paying them to package it for me and that it would cost me extra to have them package it for me with my own materials i bought. I then told her I would package it in my car but, its freezing outside like -10 she told me to turn my heat on or go home and package it myself and then come back. I walked out without shipping anything. I have never been to any shipping place that does not allow you to package your own stuff in their store, exspecialy when i am paying for their service to ship the package which was a scooter and would be pricey to ship anyways. Ups has lost my business, along with my family and friends as well, I will never ship with them again after being treated so horrible.

Ed

Comments

• Po
      15th of Dec, 2010

Why didn't you call and ask them first? It was silly of you to assume, and since you wanted to skip some of the services they provide, it makes sense that they did not want you to package your item there. It's a UPS store not your personal workspace.

• Di
      16th of Dec, 2010

You are completely out of line. Do you take your hibachi to Outback Steakhouse to "save a couple [of] dollars?" Didn't think so.

• Po