United States Postal Service / terrible service

1 2510 Monterey St.Torrance, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 310-222-5902

This post office have cause me so much headache. In the last month it lost three of my packages, two of them with tracking numbers which stated 'delivered' when I never got it and there is always someone here at home to receive packages. I tried to follow up on this and all the supervisor was telling me is they will investigate and call me for updates. They never called back (as I predicted anyway) and when I myself called them already, all they can say was that the mailman wasn't sure what he did. Why just blame the mailman? This is supposed to be a collective afford in tracking. And, if the mailman wasn't sure of what he/she did, who the hell would update the status to delivered?! What's so maddening thing is the delivery confirmation service bought for these packages were useless & infuriating because it stated delivered when I never got it!

So, apart from their joke delivery confirmation service they lost my $100 worth of ebay purchases. UPS, DHL and FEdex tracking & shipping service is galaxies away from this trashy USPS service. If you live in Torrance and know that this is your main office, have your package delivered by the other couriers because this post office doesn't know what it's doing.

Va

Comments

• Vi
      7th of Jul, 2008

US Postal Service is no longer a "service" but a hassle. I agree totally. I've sent a packages and paid for "signature confirmation" to ensure the person I sent it to would receive it, and not someone in his senior apt. complex. Sure enough. It was delivered to a total stranger. Fortunately, the package did get to him eventually. I've also had mail sent back to senders with a "Attempt to Deliver" sticker on it. I've lived at the same place for almost two years. There was no "attempt to deliver" at all. Somebody just got lazy or careless. One of these errors of theirs cost me over $50.00. My question is: to whom can you complain and get results?

• Ni
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I absolutely agree.I'm totally disappointed from USPS. I've never had such a bad experience with any other delivery companies. Employees are arrogant and the most sad is that they don't even bother to do their work.

I am unemployed and stay home the whole day especially when I am waiting for any deliveries.I'VE NEVER GOT ANY DELIVERY FROM USPS TO MY DOOR.THEY DONT EVEN BOTHER TO RING ON THE BELL.ALL THEY DO IS TO LEAVE THIS LITTLE NOTE "SORRY WE MISSED YOU". Then when I go to the office to pick up my package this arrogant ladies are almost to fight with me why Am I there.

All I can do is to recommend you UPS services. They always come next to the door and ring on the bell until somebody open the door.If not they come back on the next day and the day after, so you can be sure that you will have the shipping you paid for.