United Healthcare / sleep apnea treatment
After I reached maximum out of pocket, insurance company started denying treatment back to back. I was diagnosed with sleep Apnea in month of January(my insurance expires in March'17). From doctors stand point I was supposed to start using sleep CPAP machine but insurance company denied to provide me treatment. They told me that I don't meet the criteria. When I asked if I don't meet criteria then what is the treatment, I was told that they don't know, I should check with my health provider. My health provider consistently kept saying that you should use sleep cpap machine.
I went back and forth multiple times but they were non- cooperative. They kept killing time so that next year starts and they can save money.
I was not treated well, I strongly recommend to not go for United Health Care Insurance.
They also denied varicose veins treatment to my wife. It's all because of money.
More United Healthcare Complaints & Reviews
- UMR - incompetence 
- United Healthcare - claims appeal 
- United Healthcare - denied claims 
- ICICI Lombard / United Health Care - they will not renew your overseas medical policy if u have claim / if u went to hospital 
- United Healthcare - denial of coverage 
- United Health Care / Oregon - dental coverage
- United HealthCare Services - coverage ms infusion
- United Health Care Ins - failure to pay
- United Health Care Of Arizona - not covering amount of prescribed medications 
- United Healthcare - complaint