United Healthcare / Medco / incompetents

Both of these companys are in cahoots big time. You see all the complaints and still not a *** thing is being done about it. You know why? Because the less they help you the more it saves United Healthcare and more profit for Medco. Think about it. When is the last time you called Medco when anything was really ever resolved. I bet almost never. They'll charge you 3 times the price on your credit card for a 90 day supply and then tell you because of some regulation that they can only send a 30 day supply but the bill stays the same.?? I just got started with Medco because of the changeover to them at United Healthcare. They sent me all kinds of lancets to *** your fingers with (8 boxes so far) but no needles for my Levemir Flexpens (insulin injectors). I called to tell them this and they said they were sent and you know what, they weren't. So I get another prescription and send it in they tell me they can't send it out because the others that I didn't get preclude me from receiving them because my due date to get new ones isn't for another 2 months. I guess all I do now is die because I couldn't take my medications. You know what? Medco could care less. I see no resolution with this whatsoever because Medco has been contacted 2 times and they refuse to take responsibility for what they've done and I'm not about to waste my time any more with INCOMPETENTS!!

Va

Comments

2nd of Apr, 2008

United healthcare service is the worst ever service you can get. Totally wrong kind of people in Health care.

5th of Apr, 2008

United healthcare delays aprovals for Cashless hospitalisation, and force the employee (policy holder) to make the payment. This payment will be 3 times the actual payment on hospital expenses. Once paid, they suddenly come up with an aproval with much lower amount than estimated by the physician.

Anil, Chennai
    anilarkay@gmail.com

• Sh
      1st of Jun, 2008

Medco and United are in cohorts together? Considering UHC owns Medco, I would assume so. Stop being a little baby.

• To
      27th of Jan, 2010

Medco makes it 's own rules I send in a script for previcid and they send me some BS generic type that don't work for me and they knew this from the past, then tell me it's my problem to fix. What a joke the whole medical and Ins bussiness. PS not picking on the Doctors or Nurses there the only ones that care about people.

• Me
      11th of Mar, 2010

I just got off the phone after spending nearly 5 hours on the phone with these Medco clowns, they are the absolute most inept pharmacy in America. The problem is, nobody in their organization has clue that they are talking about, they constantly give you the wrong answer and when I ask to talk to a supervisor, they get upset and say they will tell me the same thing. Well I talk to a supervisor and I get an answer that is 180 degrees than what the subordinate told me. There folks can't read the computer screens, they are constantly looking and giving different answers. I don't think this is the intentional, but more so poorly managed from the top down. If anyone has a problem with these folks, please go straight to yoru State's Department of Insurance and file a complaint. Many states have this online, they do here in California and it took me about 10 minutes at the most to complete and submit the form. This is this will have impact on this lazy executive who not only do a disservice to United Healthcare clients, but they are flippinig of their own stockholders as well.

• El
      13th of Oct, 2010

Medco Is not Owned by UHC or UHG...UHG Has their own PBM and its Prescription Solutions try them they are ranked # 1 highest in costumer satisfaction By J.D Power and Associates 3 years in a row

• Da
      23rd of Mar, 2011

I do not know about being in cahoots but I am absolutely pissed. I have had United Healthcare for the last several years. I currently have united healthcare through resources at my wife's company (this started 1/3/11). The previous policy overlapped 2 months. I have been on several medication for quite sometime. One medication is androgel. Now I am out and waiting till they decide to preauthorize the medication.

Why am I so irritated about this?
    1) I am tired of seeing and hearing about red tape, government intervention into medicine (Canadian government ordering infant off life support as an example), and non medical or at least non practicing company teams/units who second guess certified medical professional's lawfully written prescriptions, delay the lawful dispensing of medicine, and often 'cause' a longer duration of afflictions and their effects.

2) Aspects of low serum testosterone levels which I get to play around with
    Behavioral: Decreased assertiveness/increased submissiveness; Decreased stress tolerance; Irritability; Depression or lowered mood; Anxiety;
    Metabolic: Mild anemia; Headaches; Reduced muscle volume and strength; Reduced general vigor and hardiness

• Da
      23rd of Mar, 2011

@elbanano J D Powers research now shows UHC with low satisfaction

• Fo
      26th of Apr, 2011

Medco is "operated" by United Healthcare which also operates Prescription Solutions. United pipelines business to Medco while receiving a fee for services. The "operational separation" provides United immunity from decisions that Medco makes. Medco was owned by Merck until spun off as a close but independent IPO (Wells Fargo managed the transistion) where both companies could grow and prosper via their own strategies. It was either that or the kitchen was gonna burn down for all the greed and oil.