United Healthcare / cobra account

1 Kingston, NY, United States Review updated:

For me the UHC Customer Service is the worst I have ever seen. I plan to file a case to local government for this issue. Any suggestions how to file such a case? Here is my story: 1) Switched to Cobra in 09/2015; Premiums paid in time from Sept to present time; No family changes; 2) UHC processed claims for Sept, Oct and partially Nov. Then UHC marked the cobra account was terminated on Nov 1, 2015 without any reason. They did not notify me via mail or email or phone or... at all; 3) My provider in December 2015 called me that the claim was denied because there was no coverage; I logged in to the website, and called the claim department, I was told the service was terminated; 4) Called their customer service, here is their typical answer: "Your service is NOT terminated and active. We will update your service in 24 hours; We are so sorry; Please give me the chance to assist you..." However nothing happened. The status was still "Terminated". 5) Repeated 4) for many times, from Dec 2015 to present time. No progress. 6) later I insisted on speaking to the policy supervisor, and the supervisors typically said the same thing, plus "I will call you after 1-2 business days", however they did not call. Nothing happened. 7) In the meanwhile I also filed an online complaint to their website. No response at all. 8) It seems they could not solve this kind of simple case, so I ask the supervisor, "I know you are the policy supervisor. But can I speak to your supervisor or not, or can you tell me your supervisor's contact info? I need this to be solved", however I got refused.

Ja
Jan 21, 2016

Comments

• Ge
      22nd of Feb, 2016

Wow. I am having a very similar situation. I terminated employment on 12/31/15 and immediately elected Cobra coverage and have been paying monthly since then. UHC's records even show that my premiums are paid through 3/31/16 at this point. However, I found out a few weeks ago when trying to look up a provider online at myuhc.com that the coverage has never been activated. As of this date, 2/22/16, we have no insurance even though I elected Cobra on 1/5/16 and have made payments. The customer service is useless. I get the same response... it will be taken care of in 24 to 48 hours and then nothing. This has been going on for weeks. I've spoken to several supervisors to no avail. Apparently, the issue is in the "Operations" department that has to issue the policy and they don't talk to customers or even their own customer service department. All the CS department does is sends the Ops department an email. I was told weeks ago this had been "escalated" to a high priority. Still, I have no coverage. I've filed a complaint with the Florida Insurance Commissioners office. UHC is worthless.