United Auto Insurance / Customer Service

1 P.O. Box 921399Norcross, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 7702099710

I have been calling this insurance company in reference to a rental car. I was in a car accident with someone who has this insurance. First, they will not pay for your rental car up front; you have to submit a rental car reimbursement. Therefore, I received a rental car and I had to pay almost 250 dollars to rent a car for five days. Once I returned the car and received a receipt, I faxed over my receipts from enterprise. I spoke with someone who was rude and wanted to rush me off the phone. I asked them if they received my reimbursement papers and they said yes. I called a couple of days later for the status on my reimbursement and the person they did not have it on file. I had to re-fax the papers to them. I called back to verify they received my information and the girl that answered the phone as if I was inconveniencing them. 2 weeks later, I received a check in the mail from the insurance company, which was not the amount for my rental car reimbursement. This process was supposed to take two to three businesses days. I never spoke with the adjuster or anything. This insurance company has been my worst nightmare, should not, and should be in business. I pray nobody else have to deal with this insurance company.

Ni

Comments

• To
      2nd of Jul, 2008

I am having very simular issues with this company. I must have spoke with the same rude and arrogant women you spoke with.

• Wv
      23rd of Oct, 2008

I am having the same issues.

• Do
      8th of Dec, 2008

having exact problem.I will be seeking an attorney. My patience has ran out!

• Go
      17th of Mar, 2009

This is the worst company on earth. They never return calls. I don't know if they really have adjusters as no one ever answers their phone. They dont investigate properly and always deny claims or dont pay. They are extremely slow. I had to deal with an inusrance adjuster Alysha Rodriguez-Alba, Of Georgia who was not only arrognat but extremely unprofessional.

22nd of Mar, 2009

I second goddard... I don't know how this company is still working with so many complaints going around. These are the company's that are anti-American. I thought i was the only person who was cheated. I had the same adjuster Alysha Rodriguez-Alba from norcross, Atlanta, Georgia. She is a master in making you feel sick, she never answers here phone and out of the blue without any investigation sends a letter saying your claim denied. I am going with the office of insurance and fire safety against this company and adjuster. I would suggest the same for you.

• Ka
      15th of Apr, 2009

I have had the same issues as all of you. I was hit by someone who had UAIC and he fled the scene. Luckily I was able to chase him down. After going through all of that and sending my baby to the hospital in an ambulance, these idiots have the nerve to treat me like I am a huge inconvenience to them. They will not return my calls and it has been over a week and no one has looked at my car! Antonia Campbell was so rude to me on the phone. I don't believe I can talk to her anymore. I don't know why this company has not been shut down. If it has been this difficult just to file the claim, imagine how difficult it will be to have my car repaired and to get a new car seat!

19th of Apr, 2009

I had an accident as well where the insured was from this company did not turn in the claim right away. I had contact with Alysha Rodriguez-Alba as well. She explained the situation to me and I was still upset that she could do nothing for me until the insured reported it. While it took a while for the insured to report it, I will say that she was very polite to me, and did get in touch with me as soon as the insured verified the accident. I would have to say I disagree with all the negative comments about her because I did evenutally understand that she was powerless until the insured reported the claim. I had to remember that I was not in the right frame of mind as an accident is not a pleasant thing to start off with and she was not the one who had done this to my car. All in all, the claim was settled, she was courteous and as soon as the insured did confirm what had happened, she handled everything fairly fast. This adjuster was just doing her job and I was not the only claim she was handling, think about it, PEOPLE!!!

• Ra
      20th of Jun, 2009

A driver insured by these people hit my wife's new Tahoe when she ran a red light and was cited. They have for 1 month avoided full payment to return the vehicle to its new condition and refuse to provide direct communications to us in writing. This is the worst and rudest customer service I have ever encountered from an insurance company. You are almost certain to require litigation to get proper payment from these people. Better hope the driver that hits you has State Farm instead. I reported them to the Insurance Commissioner.

• Dr
      8th of Jul, 2009

Currently, I’m trying to deal with this company. They have twice refused to pay my claim even though their insured driver ran into me. Also, they have only returned one of my numerous phone calls to them. I took my car to the nearest body shop affiliated with this company to have my car inspected as they directed me too. It was a 41 mile round trip. They took pictures of my car and determined that I had been struck in the right front side. However, this insurance company now claims they have a witness that states I ran into their insured driver. The police report clearly does not list the name of any witness or any witness statement. The law requires any witness’s to an accident to identify themselves to the officers at the scene and give their statement.

My car has the passenger side door and fender completely caved in. It was so bad that I could only open my passenger side door about 8 to 10 inches. My passenger side front tire had the top Toe setting knocked -0.11 degrees off of what it should be (0.00 to 0.20 degrees is what it should be.) Also, there is a blue scrape across the tire indicating where it was struck. And, there is a blue scrape or scratch running the entire length of my passenger side fender and a dent in the top of my bumper where it was struck by his vehicle. It pushed my bumper down and into the tire so I could not drive my car until I pulled the bumper away from the tire.

The problem is that this accident happened as I was leaving a parking lot, so no tickets could be issued because we were on privet property. However, one of the officers at the scene told the other driver he was clearly at fault because the blue stripe running down the length of my fender clearly indicated he ran into me. Also, there was no damage to the front of my vehicle so I couldn’t have possibly run into him as he stated.

They refuse to accept any of the physical evidence and still claim their witness verifies their insured driver’s statement. This company has no morals, a complete disregard for the law, and lacks any ethical standards. I guess I have no recourse except to pursue legal options because they will not live up to their responsibilities.

• Sl
      21st of Sep, 2010

My family and I had an accident one night going home and their insurer was at fault on top of that he jumped out and ran. He damaged our Yukon pretty bad on the driver side of the truck. Now This stupid insurance company taking forever to get in contact with the insurer every time I call them whenever the decide to answer the phone always have some type of excuse. It's almost two months waiting for the company to repair my truck. I could use my insurance State Farms but I don't want too because we wasn't at fault. Please if you ever have an auto accident please hope that they don't have this company on their insurance policy.

• R3
      22nd of Oct, 2010

I was hit by a mexican women that had this insurance, and not only did they did not call me to verify the accident; they were totally rude when I called about a rental car. The guy informed me that I coud go to enterprise to get a car and when I arrived there, I had to pay almost 300 for a rental. When I called back they kepy me on hold for 13 minutes then hung up. I finally got someone on the phone and he was soooo rude, he basically told me [censor] Off. I told him that my car was totaled and needed someone to reimbuse me for my car, he told me that he didnt have the police report yet, so I offered to fax it to him and he said "I dont want you to fax me anything" I was hurt really bad in the accident and they refuse to pay. I know have hired an attorney and my lawyer said that we are goning to have to take them to court because they are a terrible company and never pays anyone for there accident or cars. The driver that hit me had a suspended license from 2006 and from tennesse. The accident happened in 2010 in GA. THIS COMPANT SUCKS AND I SECOND IF YOU EVER GET HIT BY SOMEONE WITH THE INSURANCE YOUR SECREWED!!!

• Kh
      15th of Jan, 2011

I was hit by some one who had this insurance it almost more than two months still trying to get my claim paid, the customer service very rude they don't return your and if you get some one on the phone they are very rude, their adjuster came and all the paper work is done but still no payment made, every day the come up with different excuse, I don't know why they are still in business, dealing with united auto insurance is my worst nightmare.

• Su
      15th of Nov, 2011

I am going through a nearly identical situation as the original complainant. I was told that I had to use Enterprise because they had a preferred rate of $21.99 per day rental fee. You CANNOT rent a full size truck for $21.99 which is equivalent to what my daily driver is. Desperate, I had to settle for a rinky dink compact car about the size of a roller skate. I faxed United Auto my invoice from Enterprise in the amount of $200.55 and was mailed a check for $72.57...which equaled 3 days. I was displaced from my truck for 8 days. The claims adjuster named Karen Bryan, who needs to look up the definition of customer service, told me that she could not justify paying me for the 8 days. She told me that I should not have taken my truck so close to the weekend because it had to sit untouched for 2 days through the weekend...since the body shop is closed. NOBODY from UAIG explained this to me UP FRONT which could have avoided this issue of the claim. As others have stated, please pray you never have to deal with this 'non standard' poor excuse of an insurance company. For the record, it was founded and is owned by Mexicans. Look it up.

• Ga
      3rd of Jan, 2012

I am having the exact same issues with UAIC. I was struck by their insured - she pulled directly into my line of travel and stopped completely while attempting an illegal left turn. Thank goodness I thought to call the police and they cited her with making the illegal left turn. Otherwise, I might still be trying to get reimbursed for the car repairs. My current issue is that they only reimbursed me $50 for the rental car that cost me $252. Terrence McHardy and Robert Gibbs are the ones I'm dealing with. I will be sending them a letter from my attorney demanding full repayment.

• Er
      28th of Jun, 2012

Yet another VICTIM!! I have had almost an identical experience with UAIC! I was involved in an accident of which their client was at fault. After 3 weeks I am still waiting in limbo. I don't have the money to go out and get my own rental and the adjuster Robert Gibbs is totally rude and disrespectful. I am NOT the at fault party here and I am tired of being treated as such. First they said they needed the time when the accident occurred there was a coverage issue and now I am now being told that they may deny the claim because they cant reach the insured for a statement. I have and they have a police report that states undeniably that I am NOT at fault. They are CLEARLY looking for a way out of paying this claim. I am filing a report with the Better Business Bureau. Next step might just need to be Channel 5 Eye Team investigates or the Whistle-blowers!!! Anybody want in?

• To
      8th of Aug, 2012

I was rearended 2 weeks ago and STILL haven't heard anything about my property damage! I didn't like the idea of renting a car and submitting the receipt for reimbursement and I'm glad I didn't do it after reading all of this! Nobody ever returns my call and I can't get a straight answer out of any of these jokers!

This is the WORST customer service I have EVER encountered and has to be the WORST insurance company on the planet!

• Ka
      4th of Oct, 2012

well...I'm glad to know I'm not the only one being ignored by this company...I was hit by a drunk driver with this insurance over a month ago...I thought they would be decent to work with on my claim when they took my info right away and had an adjuster come out the next day to my work to check my vehicle (luckily it is still drivable because I'd be in a world of hurt if I had to foot the bill up front for a rental!!!) and then sent me my report the following day...since then, I had one call from the agent handling my claim to let me know who he was, and almost 3 weeks ago he called to let me know they had not been able to reach their insured yet!! This is my problem HOW???? They should most definitely have the police report now showing he was arrested at the scene!!! There should be no question as to whether or not they should accept responsibility, but I have not left about 4 messages in the past 2 1/2 weeks for this agent and am being completely ignored!!! I'm ready to contact their main corporate office...has this helped anyone else? How has anyone else had their issues resolved because I've about had it!!! I can't take my car in for repair because they haven't "accepted responsibility" yet, I don't know how long it will be in the shop once I am able to take it in, and I can't afford to pay for the rental car up front! This is the hoakiest damn insurance company I've ever had to deal with...sounds like they only insure the drunk drivers and other high risk people...they should know they are going to have to deal with this kind of stuff and should be more professional and more customer service oriented!! This is ridiculous!!!

• Ro
      25th of Feb, 2013

Well, add me to this list. I was rear ended in a school zone by a UAIC policy holder and I'm going through the exact same thing. I filed the claim the day of the accident. An estimate was done the following week and I was told to take my car into the body shop. I did so and was then called by Toyota after repairs were done and they stated they had received no payments and that UAIC was denying the claim. I am also out 6 days worth of having a rental car as that is being denied too. I finally had to claim the damages on my own insurance company just to get my car back and am now waiting to see if I get my deductible back but given this fraudulent insurance company, I have my doubts. Someone really needs to do something about this and put these people out of business. If anyone knows where to start please inform me and I will gladly do my part in contacting whoever needs to be contacted to put an end to these criminals.

• Gi
      13th of Mar, 2013

Well add me to the list as well one of their insured ran a red light and causing a collision and now are refusing to pay even though their insurer was shown to be at fault. What can we do? My entire hood buckled I have been out of a car for nearly a month.

• Bo
      16th of Oct, 2013

I too am a VICTIM of this so called insurance company. They're insured struck me a month ago and I'm still leaving voice messages! People If your situation is old or recent please let's pull together to have this company SHUT DOWN! I am in the middle of writing to the insurance commission about them and I am asking that you all do the same and refer them to this blog because this is complete ###ery! If we don't do anything they will continue to get rich off people's mishaps.