United Auto Credit / Harrassment

United States Review updated:
United Auto Credit
I bought a car in May 2007 and was financed by United Auto Credit. This is the first car I ever bought that was financed. If I knew then what I know now, I would have bought a used car and been done with it. For the first year I paid all my car payment on time or before the due date. Even though I was always on time, they called a week before the payment was due to "make sure" I was going to pay on time. I understood the first few months because it was a new loan but eventually I personally went in and told the office manager that I did not want any phone calls from them unless I was late. Everything was ok at first. In April of 2008 I was late the first time and started getting a taste of really how nasty they are. Anytime that I have been late with this company, they have not only called my references but anybody that I have ever been in contact with. They even had someone call me and pretend it was someone that had met me at the mall and he asked me on a date. Said we met a while ago and he had misplaced my phone number and just found it. Said if I would meet him I would remember him. I didn't fall for that. They called a friend of mine, her grandmother, her grandfathers cell phone, her mother (which I have never met), an ex boyfriend of mine, my ex employer, my mother, my brother, my stepfather, my sister (none of which were listed as a reference). They have told all of these people that I am behind on my car payment and that I have them listed as a reference which was a lie. They continue to harass my friends and family members calling each multiple times a day. I have made payment arrangements with this company only to find that they lie and had scheduled to repo the car on the day the payment was supposed to be made and were attempting to pick it up (even though arrangement had been made).I also received and email that states "even if I make a payment, am I prepared to look over my shoulder every time I am late." This is the worst company I have ever heard of and I have contacted an attorney about the continued harassment and the giving out of my personal information. Anyone who is interested in being a part of this law suit having similar experience please contact me at lawsuitagainstuacc@gmail.com. I would love to make sure this horrible company gets shut down before it gets too many more victims.

A  10th of Apr, 2009 by
I complety agree with everything you stated. I had a similar problem with this company. They went as far as to tell my co-workers that they were bringing a tow truck to my job and will it fit in the parking structures. They called every one of my references, making comments to them such as I needed to be a woman and pay my bills on time. This was after financing a car that was almost paid off, because of being a couple of days late. Even after speaking with an employee of the company they denied everything. This company United Auto Credit is located in So California, if this is the same company please contact me nicoyakeclark@yahoo.com
A  24th of May, 2009 by
I had the same problems with them when I had my loan. It doesn't get any better after you pay them off. You won't get your title (or lien release - depending on which state you financed the vehicle in). I suggest checking your credit report. I'm sure any day late or week late payments are reported as more than 30 days past due. Also, check for repo's on your credit. They reported my vehicle as repo'd ever single month for almost a year, then I paid it off and it still showed repo and a balance due. They refuse to fix the problem to this day and its been almost 3 years. My credit and basically my life has been destroyed because of United Auto Credit! Sue the ### I say, it seems it will be the only way I can get any of my problems with them resolved.
N  8th of Jul, 2009 by
I got a loan with United Auto Credit a couple of years ago. Since then this company has made my life HELL! They have harassed and embarrassed me on numerous occasions! They have demeaned me and my character. They have lied to me about an extension! They call before payment is due! They call everyone I have ever known and demand that they contact me and then tell them I don't pay my bills! They have demanded that my neighbors, that don't even know me, come knock on my door! They tell them that I am not paying my payments and that they need to come knock on my door! They have sent people to take photos of my car! I called to tell them I was going to be about three days late and they told me to just bring my car back right now and they don't want to do business with me! They have cursed at me! Yelled at me! Threatened me! Been Rude! Unrelenting! Passionateness! Just straight FREAKS!

I heard they are not doing loans any more!!! YAY But that they are still doing collections on the already open loans. Is this true? These people deserve to be burned. Can some one tell me if there is any way to get out of paying them without a repo??? These people have been well compensated for the harassment that they have put me through!!! Please let me know? Mandy mandybeegle@yahoo.com
N  21st of Jul, 2009 by
Their employees harrass, are rude and call at my employment. Given that my place of employment has cut down on my working hours I have had to make my car payment late and they keep harassing and being sarcastic. Their method of collection is so unprofessional, they lie and don't keep their commitment.
A  21st of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I never heard of Visa or Bank of America using those kind of tactics... It's funny listening to you UAC idiots...
N  13th of Apr, 2010 by
THey are still in business... It comes up Adamson Ford- on the caller ID.. they constantly called for no reason. Payment made early. Lied and said that they were Adamson Ford, and I dont think that the owner of that business would appreciate it. They just aren't kosher.. something isn't right with a company that has no phone number with their name on it.
A  10th of Mar, 2011 by

United Auto Credit Corporation [UACC] Logo United Auto Credit Corporation [UACC]
PO Box 163049