Unicorn Financial Services / Finance charges and lack of customer service!

1 Mesa, AZ, United States
Phone: 480-218-0147

In October I applied with Unicorn as I need to have a lot of expensive dental work done. I, too, thought this was interest free if paid within a certain time. NOT SO. I mailed my October payment (imagine my surprise, one due 10/24, when I applied 10/1) on 10/19/07 with due date 10/24. This check was cashed 10/23/07. I mailed the November payment 11/17/07 due to the holiday, and they claim to have not received it till 11/26/07; therefore zapping me with a $39 fee. I called their "customer service" number, and spoke with a demeaning little witch, who reminded me that there was a holiday in there, hello, I knew that, and continually interrupted me while attempting to point out to her that the previous payment was mailed later and received earlier and cashed timely. When I asked to speak with her supervisor, she hung up. I called back, and got her again. Again I asked to speak with a supervisor, she refused to give me the supervisor''s name. Finally, after 3 tries, she did give it to me, but then in a demeaning tone, spelled it to me as well.

I believe their website is misleading as it does give the option of interest free payments. That is not what you get.

Ep