UMG Buyers Edge / Fraudulent charge

Checked my bank account this morning and noticed 11.99 for something called UMG Buyers edge. Did a quick Google search and saw a lot of complaints for them. Got a phone number and was talk to someone as to where they got our information. I thought for sure it was stolen somewhere.

Well, apparently my wife had bought something online from a website called Personal Creations (http://www.personalcreations.com/home.asp) more than a year ago. So they did have our information for a credit card we had used. However we never authorized anything else.

The only good thing so far was that the person on the other end of the phone line said we would be refunded immediately and the charge would be taken off. However UMG has 50 different web based businesses, like Personal Creations, and I would suspect that all of those subsidiaries owned by UMG try to pull the same fraud hoping a small charge of $11.99 won't raise a flag.

I called this morning so we might not be refunded the charge, but at the very least they were not hostile on the phone (unlike myself!). The number I called was [protected]. If we don't receive a refund I will post something, although I think I am going to the bank to block any and all charges in the future for this company.

Va

Comments

• Je
      9th of Nov, 2008
    UMG Buyers Edge - FRUAD
    UNITED MARKETING GROUP
    Phone: 888-327-7156

Looking over bank statments found 6 months worth of 19. 95 monthly charges to my account from this umg buyersedge. My husband and i know nothing about these charges. Google search found several complaints. Thanks for all the info. Wish me luck.

• Na
      18th of Feb, 2009
    UMG Buyers Edge - UNAUTHORIZED CR. CARD USE
    UMG BUYERS EDGE
    Grand Prairie
    Texas

I purchased a virus protection and ended up getting unauthorized charges for reservations, shopper discounts and buyersedge. Not good. Am still fighting. Got one refund and they took out another.

30th of Jun, 2009
    UMG*BUYERSEDGE - UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES
    UMG*BUYERSEDG
    Morganton
    North Carolina
    Phone: 8285842711

I dont have any idea why im being charged or what for

19th of Jul, 2011

I have been charged $14.95 a month for the last 6 months wihtout my knowledgable consent. The Company UMG-Edge had no record of my account when I called them at (888) 326-7156 but found it by giving them my card number (figured they already have it, can't hurt). I only discovered the transaction by reviewing my transaction history and that's also where I found the phone number. The Company cancelled my account and said the payments would be credited to the card. I will let you know if this doesn't happen. I was polite the whole time, so let's see if nice guys finishd last. Also, I called my bank and put in a request to block payment to the recipient.