Ultimate Warranty / nonpayment

I purchased my warrenty in 2005 with my 05 Honda Civic. Thinking this was something I needed. Boy was I wrong. Well, in Oct of 2008 I traded my Honda in for the new 2009 Dodge Challanger Rt and didn't need the warrenty anymore. I called to cancel it on Oct 23, 2008 and had to fax in odometer reading it was like 40, 000. and my new purchase agreement. So I was going to get a substancial refund back. Hopefully before Christmas. I did everything I was suppose to. Well Today 12/17/08 I called [protected] (Dealers Services) to see the status of my refund and I then found out I may not get one because of this Receivership crap. I had no idea about any of this. Somebody could have told me when I called to cancel this policy in Oct. I have been waiting 2 months for my refund and I then find this out. So Im still not understanding completely, will I not get my money back? Do I have to take this to court? I spent 2500 on my policy that I never used. Im extremely upset about all of this. So much for trying to protect your car right. I don't know what to do now. I have been reading all the information on the uwc21.com web and it sounds like it will be a long time before I get my money back, What can I do? Please help!

Comments

• Se
      28th of Sep, 2010

I've run into the same problem! Warranties 4 Wheels sold me the warranty, but they will NOT provide any customer service. I've tried to get my pro-rated refund for 3 years off and on (because I just can't let it go)! I bought the warranty for $1600 and never used it. I put in a complaint to the BBB against Warranties 4 Wheels but they said it's too old and that Warranties 4 Wheels responded to me. All they told me way that Ultimate was going through some legal stuff and it would be a while. I would definitely like some of the money back, but am not sure how to go about it.