UK National Lottery / FAKES

AND I GOT THIS MAIL FROM Dr.Pinkett Griffin
Accredited FiduciaryClaims Agent
UK NATIONAL (ONLINE) LOTTERY BOARD
TEL: +[protected]
SO I REQUEST TO PLEASE DO THE VERIFICATION THAT WHETHER ITS REAL OR FAKE 7 I WAS TOLD TO DEPOSIT 25 POUNDS AS BANK TO BANK TRANSFER MONEY SO PLS chk it & take action agsinst it if it is fake

Comments

De
  18th of Apr, 2008

Hi

I wrote to verify if this E-Mail is fraud or is it authentic?

Attn:Winner
You won $950, 000.00USD from our online Halen Foundation Yearly
promotion Incorporation held on 14th of April 2008.

Your Email Address came out as our lucky winner when a computer Ballot
selection was carried out in our March Edition, contact Event Manager
to file for your claims.

Contact Person.
Sir Tony Lawrence
E-mail: stl_halenfound008@yahoo.ie

contact him with your details
1.Name.
7.Phone/Fax.

Regards
Rose Cavalini
Co-Ordinator

After sending my mailing info i got this e-mail.

Halen Foundation HeadQuaters,
Plot 4, Block 23, Garki- Abuja
Nigeria.

Ref: FDV/9420X2/68
Your Qualification number is: (A-121-637, G-01-06)

Dear Delvorine August,

This is to inform you that we have reviewed and accepted your completed claims application form, based on this your prize money shall be remitted to you accordingly. Your winning cheque shall be couriered to you by our affiliate courier agency who is solely responsible for the delivery of your winning cheque. Be confident in our remittance method as the courier agency will effectively deliver your package with a comprehensive insurance cover that has been undertaken to guarantee the safe delivery of your winning cheque to your address within a record time.

Find below the contact information of the courier agency/agent:
===================================
TRANEX COURIER SERVICE
Email: tranexcourierservice@hotmail.com
Name: Mr Richard Ad
Tel: 2348065181638
===================================

For immediate delivery of your winning cheque to you by the courier agency, you are to contact them with the following information now;
1. Full name
2. Address where you would want the parcel delivered to.
3. Telephone Number/Fax Number.

Note that the cost of delivering the parcel to you shall be your personal expenses, as THE HALEN FOUNDATION exempts itself from any such responsibility.This office is requesting an adequate update from you on the proceedings between you and the courier agency. Also please be aware that your parcel has been registered and is ready for delivery as you tracking number has been prepared and update. A swift response will be appreciated as well as a detailed report.

Sir Tony Lawrence.

I also receive this other e-mail

**WELCOME TO TRANEX COURIER SERVICE**

Attn: Delvorine August,

Congratulations once again on behalf of the Donations Board. We do believe that your winnings will be put into good use for community, educational and business development. On Behalf of the Screening Committee of Donations Board, I wish to formally announce to you that you have successfully passed the Email Screening and Verification Matching Test conducted for all online winners in your Category. Hence you are therefore cleared, your cheque has been issued and you can now claim your donation.

All necessary documents that will facilitate the clearance of your cheque in your name has been processed. Your parcel contains the following documents:

1.WINNING CHEQUE VALUED THE SUM OF $950, 000.00
2.WINNING CERTIFICATE FROM THE DONATIONS BOARD.
3.CLEAR SOURCE OF FUNDS CERTIFICATES(C.S.F.C.)
4.CERTIFICATES OF ORIGIN OF FUNDS(C.O.F.)
5.LETTER OF AFFIDAVITS FROM THE INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE, STATING THAT THE WINNING WAS RECEIVED LEGALLY FROM THE UNIVERSAL DONATION PROGRAM, AND DUELY SIGNED BY THE LEGAL ATTORNEY TO THE DONATIONS BOARD.

These documents have been securely sealed and packed for security reasons which makes it impossible for anyone to view it until its been delivered to you.Please choose from the delivery Options below, For safe delivery of your winning Cheque and other winning documents:

TRANEX -Standard Delivery= 48 Hours

Insurance: $110.00
Handling charges: $20.00
Vat: $20.00
TOTAL: $250 USD

This company declined reverse payment for these charges, stating that it is against their professional policy towards ensuring the safe delivery of the cheque to you. That if a reverse payment is made, and something goes wrong, We cannot sue the courier company or insurance company to recover the full value of the fund as stipulated in the cheque since payment for insurance cover was not made at point of mailing.That is why you are required to also include the insurance fee in your payment so that if anything goes wrong you can sue the courier company and get back your whole funds.

Note: that your prize is protected by a hardcover insurance policy, which makes it impossible to deduct any amount from the money before it has been remitted to you. This means that the above charges cannot be deducted from the prize and hence must be provided by you because your an international winner, before your prize is transferred to you.Also please be informed that the fees you will be sending to us will be use to mail your parcel to you and so do pick the suitable option for your delivery.

This is in accordance with section 13(1)(n) of the national gambling act as adopted in 1993 and amended on 3rd july 1996 by the constitutional assembly.This is to protect winners and to avoid misappropriation of funds

Send your response to indicate your option within the next 48hrs, because you only have 7 days to claim this cheque and after this period, your cash prize will be deemed to have been forfeited by you and will be re used in the drawings of the next edition of the lottery.

Delivery Agent- Mr Richard Ad
Tel: 2348065181638

THANKS
Ms. Delvorine August

Mi
  10th of May, 2008

I got the exact same messages from Sir Tony Lawrence and the Tranex Courier( except now the amounts are up to $1, 346 for 48 hrs.-- $936 for 72 hrs.---and $702 for 96 hrs.) Also the Tranex contact person was Mr Garry Ad. Another big tipoff is the courier Tranex actually phoned me because I couldn't get messages to go through the E-mail Sir Tony gave me for Tranex. When they phoned me I could hardly understand a word the person on the other end of the line was saying, particularly when I was asking questions about getting written guarantees and doing the payment with someplace else besides Western Union. Then I could suddenly understand as clear as a bell when he said I must remit the funds within 24 hrs. only to western Union or they couldn't deliver the check. All the messages to me where exact to the word as 1st shown here. Pay attention to some of the sent and reply messages we did as I kept going along with this to see how far he would take it.

One thing I noted that was interesting was that for this to be such an official notice Sir Tony had extensive misspelling of words in the messages. I kept playing along and actually sent this message to Sir Tony:------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir Tony,

Tranex has contacted me via e-mail. I know you have messaged me back with all my questions and been very forthright so far about this.
But I must tell you, after seeing the courier charges I was filled with trepidation.
The cheapest courier charge for 96 hour delivery was $702 US dollars(360GBP).
The 48 hour charge was $1, 346 US dollars(690GBP)
Are these charges normal for something like this??

I am a very poor person Sir Tony. I am on disability and have been trying for the past 2 yrs. to get our Government Social Security to start paying my disability wages all the while falling further and further behind and debt with only my wifes meager income.
It would be a major, unrecoverable blow to me right now if I was to pay out this money and find out it was all for nothing. It would probably put me out on the streets a poor indigent person.

And yet this could be the prayer to my dreams--a brilliant light in the eternal fog. A way of finally putting all this trial and tribulation behind me.
So I am just messaging you 1 more time to assure me. Please forgive me if I sound very nervous, but I am sure you can understand after I have explained it to you this way. The world is filled with scam after scam, hoax after hoax being done to unsuspecting people on the internet.
I am especially vulnerable because of my financial situation. I must say after looking at what the courier is bringing me for the contents it is certainly either a brilliant conceived ruse or the real thing.

I just wish there was a way to truly insure this is all real. Perhaps there is not. I hope you can empathize with why I am so nervous.

Mike

He then sent this message as a reply to me:---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attn: Mike,

Thanks for your mail. Well i do understand how you feel and also i want you to be rest assured that you have absolutely nothing to worry about because as i received this mail i made contact with some other courier companies here in Nigeria and found out that their charges were similar to each other, then i said Tranex Courier Delivery Charges were okay and cheap too.

Now i will advice you Mike, if you have the money for 48 Hours Delivery ( $1, 346 US Dollars (690GBP) please go for it and try to send the fees by Monday so that by wednesday you will have received your parcel contacting your cheque, and also if you do not have the money for 48 Hours Delivery please go for the cheapest which is $702 US Dollars (360GBP). Now i have informed the courier company this morning of what you said about your Bank and they are willing to give up till monday to send the payment, because its weekend so i want you to get back to me immediately with response on this matter, as they may have contacted you with payment information's and what i just told you.

Finally, you must be well assured that you are doing this for the greater good because once the payment is confirmed for any of this two options you will have your parcel latest thurday evening and all your previous financial problems will be all over and you will like to assist the less previlage. Like i have said before you are very lucky that you met the right and a very legitemate organisation because there are alot of scams on the internet and our organisation is working hand in hand with the Federal Government to stop this people and we are getting them little by little so i am really happy for you.

Mike you will finally be putting all your trials and tribulations behind you. Once the payment informations are sent to try as much as you can to make the payment on monday morning first thing and then get back to me and inform me that the payment has been sent and i will go straight to Tranex Courier and inform them that you have made the payment and i will make sure your parcel is dispatch on monday so that you can get it before friday. I hope you have a clear understanding of my mail please confirm with me that you have noted everything i have said to you down. I wait to get your mail immediately.

Sir Tony Lawrence.

So after that I sent him this message for a reply:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sir Tony,

I have sent you 2 messages back and got no reply.
I emailed Tranex Courier back and got no reply either although they did call me on the phone, but the connection was terrible. I could hardly understand a word he was saying. I did understand that he said the only day I could do this was tomorrow(Saturday).

Why the big rush on this especially when I have to come up with $702 US dollars. My bank is not even open on Saturday. This is just seeming so strange. I only have 1 day and have to be rushed into paying between $1, 320 and $702 US dollars. That is a LOT of money to me right now. Why is this so expensive for just a courier paper package?? I know you will probably say it is for insurance, but that is $292 of it. Even that seems like a lot just for insurance. I just am having a hard time comprehending all of this.

Mike

He then finally sent me this reply to it back. Look at his explanation for the high fees!!-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attn: Mike,

So
  15th of Jul, 2008

Good morning;

I knew this was a scam, I received a email saying almost the same thing claiming I just won 950, 000.00 and to send my name, address, and age. So I send my name and so forth to see what they would say; of course I got a email claiming I did win and now I became very suspicious. Its a scam and yahoo.ca should check this out before some poor person would answer this and send money to get money. Don't believe it and its a scam.

Solange

Ja
  17th of Jul, 2008

It is a scam. I live in Tennessee and I received the smae eamil. I nhope they find out who this is and put them 6feet under.

An
  3rd of Aug, 2008

Right away you know that it is a scam because of the information that is being asked. Is there an Internet Watchdog to send this kind of stuff? I wish!!!

Do
  4th of Aug, 2008

hi. i just received the same e-mail on 4 august 2008. i knew it was a ruse as i have had them before. when i received it i tapped their website address into my search engine and it came up with this site that we are now on, confirming that it is a fake e-mail. i live in south devon england. so please be aware of these e-mails as i'm sure some people are replying and sending money otherwise this fake company would not keep doing it.

doug. (uk)

Bj
  10th of Aug, 2008

This morning I received the same mail from "Sir Tony" promissing me 950.000 GBP provided I did this and that.

My advice: Delete the mail - there is nothing in it!
Have a nice August 2008 - whatever is left of it!

Bjarne B.

I SENT MANY MASSEGS TO YOU AND YOU TOLD ME IM WINNING THE MONEY
I WANT TO TO CAN I CATCH IT AND CHANG MY LIFE FOR EVER

Ah
  14th of Aug, 2008

please i want to if their is agift or not
if their is agame please send to me
because im boring from this complex to transfere the momey
really i need amoney to debt repayment

De
  15th of Aug, 2008

this is a mail I got last week.
Please investigate.
I replied as they did not want any of my bank details.
then i checked with the internet and i realize it is a scam.
please investigat to bring these people to book.
devika. jayawardena.

Halen Foundation HeadQuaters,
3 Broadlands, Shaldon Teignmouth
Devon TQ14 0EH- United Kingdom.
Tel: +447045785208
Ref: FDV/9420X2/68
Your Qualification number is: (A-121-637, G-01-06)

Dear:Devika Jayawardena,

The President, Board of Trustee, and the entire member's and staff's of the HALEN FOUNDATION BOARD send their warmest congratulatory message to you this day, on the final approval of your won sum in the Halen Foundation yearly program.

Be informed that the HALEN FOUNDATION VERIFICATIONS DEPARTMENT has completely verified and documented the information's you presented, I am pleased to inform you that you are eligible to receive your won prize. Your funds have been insured to it's real value and tagged "Ready for Transfer to the Winner" by Board of Trustees with the Payment Release Department.

We have instructed our Official Paying Halifax Bank Plc, to initiate a telegraphic transfer of your funds to your Nominated Bank Account.

Also given below are your donation information's:

Batch: 074/05/ZY369
Qualification Number: (A-121-637, G-01-06)

Find below, the contact details of the bank:

Registered / Head Office:
Halifax Bank PlcThe Mound,
Edinburgh EH1 1YZ- United Kingdom.
Tel: +44 701 114 6703
Fax: +44 870 495 8168
E-mail : info@halifaxb-uk.com

Funds Remittance Officer
Mr. Shawn Davids
Tel: +44 70457 34442
E-mail: shawndavids_hlf@accountant.com

In receipt of this email, you are required to give the bank a call and also send an email to the Bank stating that you have been confirmed as a donation winner in the Halen Foundation Yearly program and that you would like to receive details on how your funds will be transferred to you in your country.

Try as much as possible and follow up with the Bank's instructions so as for them to complete your transfer on time as they have already assured the Foundation Board on that, i also want you to keep me posted regarding your dealings with the Bank.

NB: There are so many fake e-mails, going around in circulation claimming to be from the Foundation Board, Please dis-regard any of these e-mails and forward it to me as soon as you receive any so that we can as well forward the fake e-mail to the Interpol and our Cyber crime department for legal action be to taken against the fraudsters involved in sending the e-mails. We want you to take note of this because you cannot win a Donation Program more than once a year and our donation for 2008 is already closed, take note of this.

I want you to try and keep your winning information's and evey thing about your winning secret and confidential for now to any person until you have received your winning funds, this is to avoid identity theft. We wish you a hearthy congratulation once again.

Best Regards,
Executive Counselor- Sir Marc Pedro

Tel: +447045785208

An
  22nd of Aug, 2008

I recieved the same mail a few days ago and i to sent the information to recieve my 950, 000.00 (GBP) although i notice the typographical errors i still followed cautiously because in T&T that is the equivilent of 9 million + dollars. i do notice some differences in some of the information and mine involved the Lloyds TSB Bank plc which is a ligitimate bank in england and the fees to activate an account to claim the "reward" ranged from 480.00 (GBP) to 680.00 (GBP). so naturally i had to check the authenticity of this foundation. i think some one with the resources should trace this scam find out who this person is and we should all sue them for, fraud, raising false hopes, pain and suffering or general trauma. PLEASE DON'T JUST LET THIS SLIDE BY AS JUST ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE THINGS AND IF ANYONE OUT THERE CAN DO SOME EXTENSIVE INVESTIGATION AND GET THAT PERSON ARRESTED OR SOMETHING Please DO IT.

29th of Nov, 2008

Please check the authenticity of the following E-mail:
UK National Lottery, Liverpool

P O Box 1010 L70 1NL UNITED KINGDOM
WINNING PARAMETERS

Ref : L/200-26937
Batch :2007MJL-01

Raffle DrawWinning Email: noel.macias@controlweapon.com.mx

Congratulations Lucky Winner,

On Behalf of the Screening Committee of United Kingdom National Lottery, I wish to formally inform you that you have successfully passed the Email Screening and Verification Matching Test conducted for all online winners in your winning in accordance with the United Kingdom National Lottery Terms and Conditions. Hence you are therefore cleared for payment by the verifications and fund release department at the United Kingdom National Lottery Headquarters and your winnings has been duly signed and approved for release to you by the legal attorney to the United Kingdom National Lottery.

Your approved winning Certificate number is UK/9876125
Your winning Transfer Identification code is .ELPC/MWT/0143

As you already know, all winners for the online version of the United Kingdom National Lottery Online promotions were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from an exclusive list of 21, 000 e-mail addresses of individual and corporate bodies listed online as part of our international promotion to promote international co-operation between the United Kingdom and other countries worldwide and I must say that you should count yourself extremely lucky to have emerged as one of our winners in this week's lucky dip sweepstakes and we do sincerely hope you will put part of your winnings into good use for community, educational and business development and also to render selfless services to the less privileged in your community.

The process for claiming your winnings has been made very simple so that by the end of one week at most, you are assured of having received your cash prize of the sum of £1, 000 000 Pounds Sterling and all the legal documents backing your winnings. In the light of the above mentioned, you are to contact the the Agency that will be handling the transfer of your winning to you with the contact informations below:

CONTACT INFORMATION:-

Courier Name: Scarlet Courier.
Contact Person: Mr. Richard Peterson.
Telephone: Tel: +447031944697
E-mail: scarletcourier2@btinternet.com

Note that you are to provide the Lottery Winners Agency that will be handling the transfer of your winning with the required details below to officially identify you:

1) Winner's Full Names:
6) Occupation:
7) Country:
8) Winning Transfer Identification code: ELPC/MWT/0143
9) Winning Certificate Number: UK/9876125

Note that there exists a periodic condition on all claims process; therefore you have limited time to claim your winnings. Failure to claim your winnings within the stipulated time frame will lead to the forfeiture of your winnings after which your winnings remitted back to the United Kingdom National Lottery Headquarters and will then be added to next winning draws. Also kindly be aware that the United Kingdom National Lottery winning prizes are regulated by the Financial Services Authority and as a result, you are advice to follow the Lottery Claims Terms and Conditions to ensure the remittance of your prize to you within the stipulated time of the claiming of winnings.

Further to this, due to some recent miss-up of some winning numbers, as a Prize winner and according to the United Kingdom National Lottery Terms and Conditions, you are only privy to your winnings informations and your winnings transfer information in order to avoid any form of double claiming and misappropriation of your winnings, hence the release of your winning informations to a third party(friends and family members inclusive) is absolutely ruled out as this will lead give room to double claiming by a third party which is against the United Kingdom National Lottery Terms and Conditions. You are hereby advice to keep your winning information personal from any third parties (friends and family members inclusive) until your winnings have been remitted to you.

Lastly, I will require a concise update on your proceedings with the Agency that will be handling the transfer of your winning. If you need any assistance whatsoever from this office, please do not hesitate to inform me.

Yours Sincerely,