UK Mobile Promo / Fake sweepstakes!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

Message from Leo Owen <leoo@inbox.com> about winning a sweepstakers of some Sterling Pounds 900,000! Over the mobile phone line Qatar Net! On the INTERNET It come along with an approval voucher & certificate plus a filling from. Other name mentioned: " barabaksmith@hotmail.com

The message also names a remittance bank: " Interbank payment services Remittance Department and a nominee: William Spencer 67 Botley Road Oxford OX7 OBNbillxspencer@hotmail.com. Tel : +[protected]oregin.

Comments

15th of Oct, 2007

Subject: WINNING NOTIFICATION

I received E-mail dated Wed 10/10/2007 saying that i won 800.000 pound at my mobile nokia GSM number (fcc id qtkrm-82 ic: 661ad-rm 82 Bt: 00 180f5f90c3 Code: 0526357 359774/00-266734/0)

My contact Address is as flow:-
    Republic of Yemen/Aden/Governement

Salwa qadri Ahmed sead

Direct Phone Numbers:+ 967 733186739 or + 967 2 375386

• Ar
      4th of Nov, 2007

i recieved a SMS to my GSM phone also and stated that a' John Wriight' was the person who was notifying me of my winnings. Some obvious little things to look for are spelling. Like Wriight with two i's.. Beware of this information.

• Ge
      10th of Feb, 2008

I AM GEORGE ANTREOU 17 YEAR OLD BOY FROM CYPRUS.
    10/2/2008 12:00 PM PLEASE HELP IMMEDIATELY. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
    FOUR DAYS AGO I RESIVED A REALLY STRANGE SMS WITCH SAYS THAT I WON 800.000 GBP IN THE SWEDEN SWEEPSTAKE LOTTERY.

MY FIRST CONTACT ......AFTER I ASKED THEM FOR MORE INFORMATION.
    Ref: PGBR/4473/9403/46
    Batch: G2/S228-99

Dear Winner,

We happily announce to you the draw (#9430) of the Global Mobile Promo, online Sweepstakes International Program held on Sat. 19th of January 2008.

Your telephone number attached to ticket number: 945338494 with Serial number 3290/56 drew the lucky numbers: 07.23.46.62.89.94. [18].

You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of £800,000 (Eight Hundred Thousand Pounds) in cash credited to file GBR/4155632283/05.

All participants for the online version were selected randomly from different telephone company's directory and the World Wide Web through a computer draw system and extracted from over 100,000 unions, associations, and corporate bodies that are listed online. This promotion takes place weekly.

Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our European booklet representative office in Europe as indicated in your play coupon. In view of this, your £800,000 would be released to you by any of our payment offices in Europe.
    To file for your claim, please print and fill the attached form and send it to

Susan Owens Email: susanowens@live.co.uk

Who will direct you on how to claim your winnings and also inform the payment office to prepare and send your send winnings, that way your Winnings Certificate and all other relevant documents/paperwork can be prepared for you. You would be required to show an instrument of identification when collecting the money i.e. Drivers license or International passport.

For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claims is processed and your money remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program. Please be warned.
    Good luck from me and members of staff of the Global Mobile Promo.

Yours faithfully,
    Patrick Nobert (Mr.)
    Online Coordinator for the Global Mobile Promo.
    Sweepstakes International Program.

I HAD THIS INFO FROM GLOBAL MOBILE PRO. AT THIS MOMENT THEY ARE WAITING ME TO SEND THEM 750 GBP FOR THE TAX OFFICE BECAUSE I AM NOT A BRITISH CITIZEN, AND BECAUSE OF THAT I SHOULD SEND THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY TO MAKE A NON-ENGLAND RESIDENT CERTIFICATE.

THIS IS THE FORM FROM WITCH MISS (SUSAN OWEN) WANTED MY INFORMATIONS.
    VERIFICATION AND CLEARANCE FORM

12. COUNTRY: _____________________________________

ATTENTION: XDFHXDFHXDHZDGH

Having received your details we wish to inform you that your claims will

be processed and will be forwarded to the payment center for immediate

remittance of your winning sum to you personally.

You are advised to contact the payment center as soon as you received

this mail we have instructed them to release your funds to you.

Find below the details of the payment center.

ANOTHER CONTACT...........................................

FAX: +44-208-711-2371

Note: You are to quote your complete names, Ref/Batch Numbers ( Ref: PGBR/4473/9403/46 Batch: G2/S228-99) and your

direct phone number so that they can honour your letter and always

inform me in your dealings with the payment center.

Once again I say congratulations and God bless.

Thanks,

Warm Regards.

Susan Owens

Dear XNZXGHZDFHZdFHXGHXFGHXDFH

I got your mail and we are happy to make the transfer to you as soon as possible, you have decided to choose the option of the bank transfer into your account, I will also like to inform you that as soon as we finish with the processing, we will refer you to the bank for the transfer to be made, but we will need you to pay for the processing fees, in order of us to carry out the process. As soon as the bank is been notified that you have paid your processing fee, they will activate an account for you and you will have the login information, and you can access the account yourself and also make the transfer easily in your account your country or any other account that you would want to make the transfer to.

I will advise you that the processing fee cost £750 and for you to make the payment, the easiest and fastest way is to go to any Western Union office or Money Gram office close to you and use their services to send the money.

You are required to send it in the name of the officer in the administrative department, in the name of

Maureen Lamprianidou

United Kingdom

As soon as you send the payment, you will send me an email providing the reference number that I would send to the officer to collect the money and immediately you will be referred to the bank that would send you the money.

I will be expecting to hear from you soon and feel free to seek any assistance from me.

Best Regards

Mr. Chris Johnson

THAT WAS ANOTHER CONTACT WITH THE HEAD OF THE INTERBANK SOMETHING...............

Dear DFGHDSFHDZHDFG

You are welcome to the GLOBAL Mobile Promo. Payment Office an affiliate of the National Lottery. I am pleased to be at your service and you have been officially cleared for payment by the Verifications Department at the headquarters of the GLOBAL Mobile Promo.

The original copy of your winning certificate, together with a covering document (Money Laundering protection and Letter of Affidavit for Claims) stating that the money was obtained legally through the GLOBAL Mobile Promo is ready and has been sent to the tax agency for processing.

With regards to you collecting your money, there are different options that are available for you to collect it.

The first option that we have is the bank transfer, this is much easier and very convenient, with this method, you will be advice to contact our subsidiary sponsored bank which is responsible for the remittance/transfer of your winning sum directly to your personal account in your country within 24 hours, and you will have to activate an account in the bank, as soon as you activate the account, the bank will provide for you a login information ( username and password ) , with your login, you can access your account at the bank, you will see the amount you have in the account and also you can make direct transfer to your personal account in your country within few minutes.

Secondly, you can as well come down to the UK to collect your winnings personally. If you are coming down to the UK, you will have to notify us, so we can make arrange for your pick up at the airport.

And when coming to the UK, there is a processing fee that you will have to come along with, we have checked and it showed that you are not a resident of the United Kingdom, so we will need to assist you to obtain a Non-Resident tax certificate, which would cost you the sum of £700 and the processing fee is of £50, it total you will have to pay of £750, but if you want to obtain the Non-Resident tax certificate yourself directly from the tax office, the tax office will ask you to pay the sum of £1100, but if we assist you in obtaining the Non-Resident tax certificate, you will pay less, but if you can not come to the UK, and you want to use the bank transfer to get your winning to you, then you will be advised to send the processing down.

I know you would have prefer that the processing fee and the obtaining of the Non-Resident tax certificate be deducted from the amount you won, but your prize is protected by a hardcover insurance policy, which makes it impossible to deduct any amount from the money before it has been remitted to you. This means that no charges can be deducted from the prize and hence must be provided by you before your prize is transferred to you, and secondly you are the only person that is liable to receive the money and not until the approval is received from the tax office, the money cannot be transferred or deducted.

This is in accordance with section 13(1) (n) of the national gambling act as adopted in 1993 and amended on 3rd July 1996 by the constitutional assembly. This is to protect winners and to avoid misappropriation of funds Also be reminded that the deadline for the claiming of winnings is exactly two weeks after the receipt of this email. After this period, your cash prize will be deemed to have been forfeited by you and will be reused in the drawings of the next edition of the lottery.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Good luck and Congratulations once again.

Regards,

Head of Payment Office

PLEASE REPLY IMMEDIATELY THANKS!!!

16th of Feb, 2008

ATTENTION: MAYROSE C. CALIDRO

Having received your details we wish to inform you that your claims will

be processed and will be forwarded to the payment center for immediate

remittance of your winning sum to you personally.

You are advised to contact the payment center as soon as you received

this mail we have instructed them to release your funds to you.

Find below the details of the payment center.

direct phone number so that they can honour your letter and always

inform me in your dealings with the payment center.

Once again I say congratulations and God bless.

Thanks,

Warm Regards.

Susan Owens

WINNING CERT.jpg

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING. IS IT TRUE.

• Mo
      23rd of Feb, 2008

I also recive the same e mail from Patrick Nobert with same referance & Batch numbers as given below
    Ref: PGBR/4473/9403/46
    Batch: G2/S228-99

• Sh
      20th of Mar, 2008

I am the winner of 800, 000 Ponds of Global Mobile Promo Sweep stakes program,

It is brought in your kind attention that all of the process has been done and furnished by many Emails and then Telephonic conversation with Mr. Chris Johnson. Details information and other desired procedure has already been completed.

I am still awaited for further reply and finalize the pending case. as time is too short becouse you have given us time to clearify the case within two weeks.

Please if i really deserve to obtain the winning sum be serious and send it to my bank account already Email with all infromation to MR CHRIS JOHNSON.

Shakeel Ahmed
    0334-9061020 (Paksitan)

• Ni
      30th of Apr, 2008

I agree that a formal complaint must be made. I know somebody who also received a SMS and actually emailed the person. The person asked for details such as marital status, age, home adress and so on. My friend mistakingly provided these people with these details and is now living in fear thinking that maybe these people live in the same country and may start stalking. Has anybody else provided their details to these people?

Nicole.

16th of May, 2008

16th of May, 2008

i am Sister Najeeba Ali Hassan Al Hubaishi my father defined Bjaezha you the amount of 800 thousand pounds has become Brother Kristin race has turned them $ 750 and fifty gene bank Altgah us who were around the EU in the bank, gaining long as I have seen the amount found in the bank and the root Mister Sapphire and does not Give us ñ I think the amount of money found in bank may contact the Et in the amount of Internet and given a request worth 5000 A Warrior Lake prevents me sum because we have no patterns now to see where I was cancelled at the Web site of the abuse and the closure of this site, you have contacts Plumouka park and you have contacts Across the line and no one tank is now I want Why I am working I want money painting solution help you how I work

18th of May, 2008

my email is
    ali.najiba@yahoo.com
    please contact me

• Vu
      3rd of Jun, 2008

Hello.I have been living to Azerbaijan in Baku city.Approximately 5 days ago i received message from the"DESK OF THE PROMOTION OFFICER", GSM MOBILE SWEEPSTAKES PROMO.I was actually surprised at that time when i saw the amount of money in m the message.For the first sight i didn't beleive on my eyes.I am suspicious now about this. A name the DR.JOSE LUIS person called us from Spain that u won 250.000.00 euro in accordance with the GSM Promo regulations.They sent message that u are supposed to make the payment for delivering approximately 750 euro.In fact this amount changing sccording to delivering companies.I requsted 100 time from you for the sake of humanism.Just inform me Is there any branch of GSM PROMO located in this address in SPAIN(address-CALLE CLAUDIO COELLO 41, 28001 Madrid, SPain)We are afraid of this case that if we paid delivering fee, would we get our issued cheque or not?PLEASE INFORM ME

• Am
      10th of Jun, 2008

I recieved a messege today morning (10-06-2008) on GSM mobile phone as follows:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your mobile number have won 325, 000:00 Euros in GSM PROMO. For claim Contact GSMWEB BV, Tel:+31650993576 & Email: infowinners01@gmail.com.

On seeing this sms, i was actually excited, and called the in the given number which was found to be from Netherlands. The person asked me my name and also asked me to send an e-mail giving my personal details, such as age, occupation, phone number, full address, etc. He told me that the prize amount would come around 2.2 million Indian rupees (i'm an Indian), for which i should be ready with a processing fee of around Rs. 45000..

I SHALL BE OBLIGED TO YOU PEOPLE IF YOU COULD INFORM ME ABOUT WHAT ACTION I SHOULD TAKE. PLEASE INFORM ME AT YOUR EARLIEST. THANK YOU.

• As
      19th of Jun, 2008

Hi.
    I received an sms from GSM MOBILE PROMO that i have won 170.000.00 euro from your company. sincerely i'm little bit confused and i don't know what should i do. Please give me any kind of information.

4th of Jul, 2008

Hi,

I had received a message from GSMWEB MOBILE BV stating that i had won 325000 GBP, Can i trust this organisation and pay them 475 GBP toward releasing my amount. Below are the complete details of the organisations.

GSMWEB-MOBILE BV

Thanks and Regards
    Mahesh

• Dk
      10th of Jul, 2008

I had received a message from GSMWEB BV stating that i had won 550000 EUROS in GSMWEB PRPMO, Now what's next, how i can get this???

Below are the complete details of mine:

D.KISHORE

MY MOBILE:09849153350
    MAIL ID: kishore.d@iciciprulife.com

• Ng
      10th of Jul, 2008

I have got your message, that i won 170 000, 00 €. Is it true. How sould i do next that i get money.
    here is my adress: Nguyen Trung Ba
    Riekkotie 3 a 2
    Vantaa Finland
    tell: +358-400243849
    my iban: FI5311343500143095

• Ka
      14th of Jul, 2008

Hi

I had received a message from GSMWEB MOBILE BV stating that i had won 325000 GBP, When given a email to them at gsmweb.mobilebv@e-standardchartered.com. They have attached a pdf and asked me to provide the details like name, address, age, sex, occupation etc etc. Can i trust this company. How can i verify whether it is true or false. Please help me.

Waiting for your quick reply

Regards
    Kalyan.

• Ra
      15th of Jul, 2008

Even I had received a message from GSMWEB MOBILE BV stating that i had won 325000 GBP, When given a email to them at info.gsmwebmobilebv04@gmail.com, they have attached a pdf and asked me to provide the details like name, address, age, sex, occupation etc etc. Can i trust this company. How can i verify whether it is true or false. Please help me.

• Ra
      15th of Jul, 2008

hello GSMWEB

i had received a message from GSMWEB.MOBILEBV, and i had won 325, 000 pounds . i thank is it true ? how you are send money to me is there any processes, tell me that processes or give me replay . thank q

22nd of Jul, 2008

I have recieved e-mail from this company
    GSM MOBILE SWEEPSTAKES PROMO.
    CALLE CLAUDIO COELLO 41, 28001
    BARCELONA, SPAIN
    In e-mail they wrote that I have won 350, 000.00
    Is there anyone that recieved same e-mail, if there is contact me and tell me your experience with this company...
    And somebody answer me what should I do to collect the prize?