Mystery Shopper Complaints & Reviews

RC: 2004/879/MD
Retail Track Mystery Shopping & Consulting
Reply to: [protected]@hotmail.co.uk

Dear Applicant.

Thank you for your interest in the Mystery Shopper position. Our company conducts surveys and evaluates other companies in order to help them achieve their performance goals.

We offer an integrated suite of business solutions that enables corporations to achieve tangible results in the marketplace. We get hired by other companies and act like customers to find out how they are handling their services in relation to their customers.

Mystery Shopping is the most accurate and reliable tool a business can use to gather information regarding their actual customer service performance at the moment of truth. This moment of truth is not when the staff is on their best behavior because the boss is around - it is when they interact with customers during their normal daily routines.

This is where you, the Mystery Shopper, come in. You pose as an ordinary customer and provide feedback of both factual observations (ex...the floor was free of debris) and your own opinions (ex...I felt that the temperature in the establishment was too cold).

Mystery Shoppers must remain anonymous. You must act as a regular customer and be careful not to do anything that would reveal you as a Shopper. An inexperienced shopper could tip off the staff to his/her identity by asking for the manager's name for no clear or appropriate reason. If you are going to be bringing someone with you on the shop, make sure you educate them about the process as well. Beware that even whispers can be overheard by Employees. If anyone notices you are a shopper, you can bet that word willquickly spread around the establishment and you will get some of the best customer service in town.

*** EXAMPLE ***

If you receive a check of $5, 000.00 your net income is $500.00, WHICH IS 10% ON EVERY PAYMENTS RECEIVED { Money Order Or Certified Check ) our company supports any fees. You will process at least 2 to 3 orders per-day and you will earn more than $1, 000..00 cash in hand each day. And also Remember that the More Checks or Means Of Payment Cleared by you the more Funds you get at Hand. { It's in our Book Of Agreement A-Z Of Constitution Q. }.

*** First Offer for our Mystery Shopper ***

Our customer will issue the Pay-check of $4000 on your name & you will be the one that will be cashing any pay-check issued on your name & you will deduct 10% of the first offer & the rest will be transferred to our Accounting Department by WESTERN UNION OR MONEY GRAM Transfer .

Am sure you can understand your FIRST OFFER Position as our Mystery Shopper ? . No company can afford to have a gap between the promise of quality and its actual delivery, that's why leading corporations look to us, the nation's premiere mystery shopping and customer experience measurement company.

Once we have a contract to do so, you would be directed to the company or outlet, and you would be given the funds you need to do the job (either purchase merchandise or require services), after which you would write a detailed report of your experience.

Examples of details you would forward to us are:
1) How long does it take to get served.
2) Politeness of the attendant.

Then we turn the information over to the company executives and they will carry out their own duties in improving their services.

Most Companies employ our assistance when people complain about their services, or when they feel there is a need for them to improve upon their customer service Our company partners with you to implement proven mystery shop auditing and surveying strategies that provide critical information about customer experiences.

Qualities of a good Mystery Shopper:
* Is 21 years of age or older
* Loves to go shopping
* Is fair and objective

Mystery Shopping is fun and exciting but also must be approached very seriously and is definitely Not for everyone. If you are interested in applying for consideration as a Mystery Shopper do send in your information to the recruit officer ( [protected]@hotmail.co.uk )

WE REQUESTING THE CONTACT DETAIL'S :

AGE--
NATIONALITY--
OCCUPATION--

Kindly Contact us on TODAY : [protected]@hotmail.co.uk

As soon as we receive your information we will add you to our database and we will look for locations in your area that needs to be evaluated.

Thank you.

Mr Patrick Anderson
Recruiting Officer
Retail Track Mystery Shopping & Consulting

Respond

Mystery Shopperbeware

The IC3 has been alerted to an increase in employment schemes pertaining to mystery/secret shopper positions. Many retail and service corporations hire evaluators to perform secret or random checks on themselves or their competitors, and fraudsters are capitalizing on this employment opportunity.
    Victims have reported to the IC3 they were contacted via e-mail and U.S. mail to apply to be a mystery shopper. Applicants are asked to send a resume and are purportedly subject to an extensive background check before being accepted as a mystery shopper. The employees are sent a check with instructions to shop at a specified retailer for a specific length of time and spend a specific amount on merchandise from the store. The employees receive instructions to take note of the store's environment, color, payment procedures, gift items, and shopping/carrier bags and report back to the employer. The second evaluation is the ease and accuracy of wiring money from the retail location. The money to be wired is also included in the check sent to the employee. The remaining balance is the employee's payment for the completion of the assignment. After merchandise is purchased and money is wired, the employees are advised by the bank the check cashed was counterfeit, and they are responsible for the money lost in addition to bank fees incurred.
    In other versions of the scheme, applicants are requested to provide bank account information to have money directly deposited into their accounts. The fraudster then has acquired access to these victims' accounts and can withdraw money, which makes the applicant a victim of identity theft.
    Tips
    Here are some tips you can use to avoid becoming a victim of employment schemes associated with mystery/secret shopping:
    • Do not respond to unsolicited (spam) e-mail.
    • Do not click on links contained within an unsolicited e-mail.
    • Be cautious of e-mail claiming to contain pictures in attached files, as the files may contain viruses. Only open attachments from known senders. Virus scan all attachments, if possible.
    • Avoid filling out forms contained in e-mail messages that ask for personal information.
    • Always compare the link in the e-mail to the link you are actually directed to and determine if they match and will lead you to a legitimate site.
    • There are legitimate mystery/secret shopper programs available. Research the legitimacy on companies hiring mystery shoppers. Legitimate companies will not charge an application fee and will accept applications online.
    • No legitimate mystery/secret shopper program will send payment in advance and ask the employee to send a portion of it back.

9 Responses
      • Lu
        Lukiden Oct 25, 2012

I got sent over 10 US Counterfeit US Postal Money order at $988.00 each, cashed them in my bank and was instructed to wire transfer the funds as I was to grade the service of a Wester Union vender.

• Fo
        Foldes Jun 06, 2012

I put a post up online about needing a job and my e mail address. The "Mystery Shopper inc." kept sending me e mails about their services and what they want me to do for them. Basically they wanted me to go to major corporations and write reports on the costumer service and the employees and products. They told me that each assignment would be $300.00 USD. They said that they would be sending me a check via Fed EX and that my first "mission" would be to do a Western Union Transfer to London, Britian. They said the man's name was Owen Green and the address was Prince of Whales. They said they need me to give them the MTCN number after the transfer has been made. I declined to cash the check the way they told me to and deposited it into my ATM thinking I would just take the cash out for the transfer the next business day. Unfortunately I was wrong. The check was on a DEBIT HOLD for four days. Finally yesterday I went to my bank here in Bozeman, MT and spoke with a banker about this situation. She said I was to immediately contact the local officials and file a report. I did exactly what she said. My account is continuing to be on hold due to the extremity of this situation. I will not tolerate fake checks or FAKE COMPANIES. Apparently there's nothing the Police can do because the check that was sent to me was from NIGERIA!!! This abuse will not be tolerated.

• Ke
        Ken Mollens Apr 26, 2011

I was sent 2 M.O. and took them to Post Office and they told me they were fake.

• Sc
        S.CLOUS Nov 12, 2010

fake check. no such person/place on letter head and signature. DO NOT WIRE FUNDS to canada. no tax id number for the company. 11/11/10

• Is
        I-SpyCory Aug 13, 2010

Unfortunately, your son probably did not sign up with a mystery shopping company but fell for a scam that posed as a mystery shopping company. Legitimate companies will not charge a fee and, therefore, have no reason to ask for his credit card.

Also, since shoppers are independent contractors and not employees, mystery shopping companies cannot provide training - only instructions regarding what the client is looking for from the visits. If they are offering to provide training they are not a company.

Your best course of action would be to report it to the FBI at www.ic3.gov and to contact your bank and see if there is anything they can do. You might get lucky trying to contact the company directly and have them stop the charges. If it is a scam you probably will never reach anyone there.

• De
        D E Jones Aug 12, 2010

My son applied for the mystery shopper job and used his debit card to pay for the fee. Next thing we know money was disappearing from his account and we couldn'r figure out what was happening until we went to the Bank and it was DRI Surplus Shopper.

Joe May 11, 2010

The company sent me a counterfit check for 3, 890.00 to take an assignment that they were gona pay 300.00 a week.that I put into my bank accout that is on the hot seat for with out any funds due to overdraft fees.

• Ji
        Jim Jun 24, 2009

I warn you against Shop Until You Drop ...they took my money and then I could not get back into their site as they said I was not in their database. I tried emailing them several times and only got back auto responses asking me to sign up again. I have finally gone to CLKBANK.com to reclaim my money.

• Ps
        ps11379 Apr 14, 2009

I signed up for this service and was told I could cancel before the month was over. I called back the same day to cancel. Later I was charged twice for the sign up fee and once for the subscription.
        I am trying to get my money back still.

Mystery Shoppercheck scam

Dear Ida,
      I will like to know the status of the transfer is the money has been
      sent. Please update me so that you can get the next assignment done.

John Murphy

-----Original Message-----
      From: [protected]@aol.com
      To: [protected]@aim.com
      Sent: Tue, Jan 12, 2010 9:12 pm
      Subject: Re: Payment Instructions / First Assignment Delivering Today

Dear John
      I need you to clarify the process, am I to cash the check, take out
      $200 and send the remanding monies to the address of the instruction
      sheet minus the fees paid to western union.

Thanks for you assistance

Ida

In a message dated 1/11/2010 11:52:01 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      [protected]@aim.com writes:
      Attn : Prospective Shopper,
      Dear IDA STEWART,

This is to let you know that your first assignment has been issued
      out
      via ups courier service with tracking (j247 500 3304), please read
      and
      make sure you understand all that is stated below to avoid any
      mistakes. You are to receive FUNDS via UPS COURIER SERVICE.

Payment was issued to cover the project bills and also part of your
      weekly wages and Assignment ($2, 850) :-

Once you receive the PAYMENT, you should take the payment to your
      bank
      and cash the payment same day or deposit it, you can ask the bank
      when
      the funds will be available in your account, then deduct $200 for your
      shopping and in 5 days from now you would be receiving your weekly
      wages which is 400$.The remaining balance should be used for the
      below
      assignment. Follow these instructions below.

1ST ASSIGNMENT: Your first assignment is to go to any western union
      near you and check out, and use their western union services.

As a secret shopper, you should go there and study how to send money
      and memorize all you see at the outlet. We want you to report back to
      us with the following information:

-Name of the Store/Outlet
      -Procedure of attendance:
      -How many attendants were at the outlet:
      -How many minutes it took for them to attend to you and process
      transfer:
      -Information that you think would be helpful
      -Your comments and impressions.

As a secret shopper your job is to observe any thing useful going on
      in
      the outlet.. Make sure you observe everything you see in there
      because
      you may be asked some other questions when you return. So then you
      would go ahead and make a western union money transfer to another
      mystery shopper for another
      assignment.

We want you to deduct your shopping money of $200 and have the
      remainder funds sent to the information below for proper preparation
      of
      our next Mystery Shopper.

TRANSFER THE REST OF THE FUNDS THROUGH WESTERN UNION TO THE BELOW

state: Georgia
      zip code: 30312
      Text Question: In God?
      Text Answer: We Trust

Our Finance department has just established a new system which you
      might have never heard of and it is called Alert Pay. And this
      service
      is been Privately owned and established under our management since
      2004
      with many competitors we have a very low rating and few customers and
      we want to develop and upgrade our service to the best and fullest.
      So
      we only need the report you provide so we can work on our service
      around the world.

Please try as much to be discrete when doing your work as a mystery
      shopper, just observe all you see and report back when you get back
      home. Your next assignment this week would be immediately after this
      one, we would provide you with the details and address and your
      balance
      weekly payment.

Also to further finalize this Assignment, you have to get back to us
      with the below western union transfer information for the money you
      sent to the other mystery shopper:

1. Senders Name and Address
      2. 10 Digit Money Transfer Control Number {M..T.C.N}
      3. The amount transferred after deducting western union charges.

This project shouldn't take you more than a couple of hours to
      execute
      and the time limit matters to us, with that we can also determine
      your
      efficiency and the commitment you show towards working with us. Do
      get
      back to me with the Reports and Transfer information.

Looking forward to work with you on this project and remember to
      pretend to be a client who wants to send money so they wont detect
      you
      are a secret shopper. Should you have any other questions or need
      Instructions as to your first assignment, E-mail me on this same
      address

Kindly email me as soon as you get this message. I hope to hear from
      you today.

Warmest Regards,

Recruiting agent: John Murphy
      Payment manager: Jacob Peter

Company : (David Allen Enterprise)

Respond

Mystery Shopperfraud on my bank account

This employer hired my daughter and I as customer service evaluators. Then told both of us to send money thur western union. The money I had to send was to diffrent people that we were assigned to send the money to via western union. As a result we had been riped off. We later found out the check was a freud and he withdrew both of ower bank account to $4.800 after we did the assignments. The employer refuse to awnser any of my phone calls after I brought the problem to his attention. I would appreciate if something will be done about this employer. And ill be waiting for a response from you.

Andrea m blackmon

1 Response
          • Bo
            bobtheman Jul 21, 2009

It's not an "employer"... it's a scammer. Western Union? THAT didn't tip you off?

Mystery Shopper — scam & fake check

Here is what I got in the mail today and new right away to visit this web site (Complaints Board.com) first...

Mystery Shopperfraudulent cashiers check

Company used an address in Bismarck, ND. 612 East Boulevard Ave Suite 705, 58505. They are using various company names such as: Shoppers Impressions Inc, Shopper Jobs Inc, Shopping Disbursements, etc.
          They send you a bogus cashiers check and require some shopping and wiring of money to satisfy their clients. They have you wire the money to Canada and then the cashiers check bounces. Operation seems to be unchallenged by authorities or investigators up to this point. Trail of complaints is at least a year old or more. What will it take to bring these thieves to justice? Hopefully enough complaints and documentation. It seems tracking the cell phones, etc wouldn't be that difficult.

1 Response
            • Wi
              William Koshak Nov 23, 2008

I am also a victum of this fraud/scam. Just recently happened to me the week of November 10- 14 and no one cares and wants to help. What's worse is that my bank acount is overdrawn and the bank wants immedate repayment of the overdraft or they threaten to sue.

Need help