TWX*AOL Service / Fraudulently debiting bank account

1 Huntsville, AL, United States Review updated:

Twx*aol services has fraudulently withdrawn from my son's banking account three (3) times a month in 2007 and january 2008 the amount of $32.90. He lives on a fixed income and works very hard for it. This is a scam that should definitely be addressed by this company and the law. Where did they get his account number? He does not have a computer!!! We want all of his money back.

Comments

• Di
      10th of Mar, 2008

I just discovered a similar thing. My account was being charged 25.90 per month. Did you ever resolve this?

• Te
      31st of May, 2008

Going over my bank account discovered AOL has billed for services I do not receive . I have no desire for the service. I do not even use AOL. If the FTC or FCC can't do anything about these charges, then congress should get involved and shut AOL down completely. If this a scam by someone other than AOL, it would be AOL's best interest to solve this problem before their company gets anymore bad press.

• Ki
      11th of Aug, 2008

I noticed a charge of $32.90 being taken out of my account for 8-9 months now and had to close out my account. I have never used AOL so how they got my account number i don't know. I plan on making a few phone calls but don't know were to start. And the funny thing is i don't even have a phone line in the house, just cell phones.

• Re
      4th of Sep, 2008

I just found out that TWX AOL Has been taking out $ 32.80 out of my bank account. I do not use AOL! This has been a faudulant transaction. When I went to the bank I was also told that this amount has been taken out since June of 2007. I was not aware of this!!! And I am mad a hell. I have never autherized AOL. The bank can only go back 60 Days. I asked who autherized this and how did this company get my account info. All the bank personel could do was say I don't know. I do not know what to do?

• Le
      3rd of Oct, 2008

Please note that I have been charged 32.00 a month for over 1 1/2 yrs for aol serive I never knew I even had or ever used. I want this to stop immediatley and reimburse me as sson as possible. I am notifying the Police and consumer affairs dept. I had requesed this to stop numerous times. Please give this matter your prompt attention. Leonard Wuensch TWX*AOL $32.90 a month. My e-mail is lennaz26@yahoo.com

• St
      13th of Oct, 2008

I have been charged 32.90 two times in the last three weeks. When I called the bank they gave me the phone number to the chase bank that took the money out of my account. Chase bank gave me the 1800 827-6364 number to aol. This has caused a overdraft of over 75.00 . I want my money back.

• La
      30th of Jan, 2009

I just discovered a week ago that I have been charged $32.90 for the last year and a half also by TWX*AOL. I went to my bank and was also told there was nothing they could do beyond the last 60 days. They also (sarcastically) asked if I balanced my checkbook. Of course I do but like most busy people I use a debit card and don't always remember to record my charges. I lose receipts. Who compares bank statements from month to month?!? It wasn't until I underwent emergency surgery and lost my primary income followed by the death of a child and was beyond broke that I took notice to this fraudulent activity to my bank account!!! I am under enough stress! Do you know how badly I needed the over $500.00 they have stolen from me?!? I too want my money back !!! My computer prior to December was inside a box for over a year! I didn't even have access to a computer and this company was charging me!!! They need to be stopped but HOW?!?!?