TWX*AOL Service / Fraudulently debiting bank account

Huntsville, AL, United States Review updated:
3.35

Twx*aol services has fraudulently withdrawn from my son's banking account three (3) times a month in 2007 and january 2008 the amount of $32.90. He lives on a fixed income and works very hard for it. This is a scam that should definitely be addressed by this company and the law. Where did they get his account number? He does not have a computer!!! We want all of his money back.

Comments

Di
  10th of Mar, 2008
I just discovered a similar thing. My account was being charged 25.90 per month. Did you ever resolve this?
Te
  31st of May, 2008
Going over my bank account discovered AOL has billed for services I do not receive . I have no desire for the service. I do not even use AOL. If the FTC or FCC can't do anything about these charges, then congress should get involved and shut AOL down completely. If this a scam by someone other than AOL, it would be AOL's best interest to solve this problem before their company gets anymore bad press.
Ki
  11th of Aug, 2008
I noticed a charge of $32.90 being taken out of my account for 8-9 months now and had to close out my account. I have never used AOL so how they got my account number i don't know. I plan on making a few phone calls but don't know were to start. And the funny thing is i don't even have a phone line in the house, just cell phones.
Re
  4th of Sep, 2008
I just found out that TWX AOL Has been taking out $ 32.80 out of my bank account. I do not use AOL! This has been a faudulant transaction. When I went to the bank I was also told that this amount has been taken out since June of 2007. I was not aware of this!!! And I am mad a hell. I have never autherized AOL. The bank can only go back 60 Days. I asked who autherized this and how did this company get my account info. All the bank personel could do was say I don't know. I do not know what to do?
Le
  3rd of Oct, 2008
Please note that I have been charged 32.00 a month for over 1 1/2 yrs for aol serive I never knew I even had or ever used. I want this to stop immediatley and reimburse me as sson as possible. I am notifying the Police and consumer affairs dept. I had requesed this to stop numerous times. Please give this matter your prompt attention. Leonard Wuensch TWX*AOL $32.90 a month. My e-mail is lennaz26@yahoo.com
St
  13th of Oct, 2008
I have been charged 32.90 two times in the last three weeks. When I called the bank they gave me the phone number to the chase bank that took the money out of my account. Chase bank gave me the 1800 827-6364 number to aol. This has caused a overdraft of over 75.00 . I want my money back.
La
  30th of Jan, 2009
I just discovered a week ago that I have been charged $32.90 for the last year and a half also by TWX*AOL. I went to my bank and was also told there was nothing they could do beyond the last 60 days. They also (sarcastically) asked if I balanced my checkbook. Of course I do but like most busy people I use a debit card and don't always remember to record my charges. I lose receipts. Who compares bank statements from month to month?!? It wasn't until I underwent emergency surgery and lost my primary income followed by the death of a child and was beyond broke that I took notice to this fraudulent activity to my bank account!!! I am under enough stress! Do you know how badly I needed the over $500.00 they have stolen from me?!? I too want my money back !!! My computer prior to December was inside a box for over a year! I didn't even have access to a computer and this company was charging me!!! They need to be stopped but HOW?!?!?

AOL Logo AOL