TWX Magazine / False charges against my credit card

CA, United States Review updated:
4.15
To the "obviously thorough" people who keep writing in suggesting that people are not paying attention. Not reading the fine print, or whatever, I suggesst that you pay a little closer attention to what the complainants are saying. Chances are that you have "no" idea what the complaintants situation is. And if so many people are complaining, then there is definately a consumer problem with both parties from the selling side.

I was checking my account to be sure I had enough to subscribe to Blue Mountain e cards so I could send out cards to friends for Christmas, when I saw a charge that I have no idea how this was done. This is who charged me: TWX*ENTERTAINMENT WKLY
[protected] NY. I have not been offered any subscription. Nor have I received any magazines. I have not called anyone yet, as it is Christmas Eve. Great way to start Christmas though. At 1:32 am. No more Best Buy for me, even though I didn't buy anything there. At least not this year. And time warner? If I know it's a time warner product, unless I have NO choice, I want nothing to do with it. I hope I'm not held up to long on this. And I'll be looking for the class action suit.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!1

PEACE!!!

Comments

Bo
  20th of May, 2008
Out of no where i got 2 charges on my bank account for 34.95 and 39.95 from this place and i haven't bought anything from them or nothing.
Bi
  4th of Sep, 2008
Some how, TWX magazine subscriptions got our credit card number and tried to use it. They had the exp. date wrong so our card company caught the attempt and stopped it. We had never heard of this obvious crooked company.
Be
  11th of Sep, 2008
took $20.00 from my account withour authorization/ never heard if them nor do I order magazines online/I wasnt even online at 4am
Le
  15th of Sep, 2008
I just looked at my bank statment and saw a charge for 24.00 dollars on my bank statment and i never even ordered this magazine this is rediculous how can they do this to people now i have to call and fight with my bank about this.
Mo
  19th of Sep, 2008
How did u cancel this crazy crap, please help me single MOM from New Jersey!!!
Mo
  19th of Sep, 2008
I just want this crap canceled out of my banking account, I dont know a thing about this company never in my life heard of it and now I'm getting charge for something that I can not afford please help me SINGLE MOM!!!
Ja
  22nd of Sep, 2008
There is an unauthorized pending debit in the amount of $2.01 from my checking account that I noticed while checking my online bank statement. I called my bank and they said it was from TWX Magazine, which I know nothing about. Repeated attempts to reach a live person have been fruitless.
  22nd of Sep, 2008
I was charged but do not know what for .How do I stop this?Please help me.
  27th of Sep, 2008
I have online banking alerts on my email from my bank any time a transaction is made it alerts me. Todays alert was to inform me of two pending payments to TWX*Magazine, one for $49.00 and $17.97, which was not authorized by me. I ordered an exercise bike from a company in CA about a year ago, and as a thank you for your business said they were giving me a free 1 year subscription to 4 magazines and 1 year free of Wall Street Journal. The CA company apparently gave my credit card number to TWX. This practice is illegal. Any person who has had this happen to them is urged to file a compliant to their states attorney generals office (frauds division). TX just recently shut down a company who was doing this. You can also notify the Federal Trade Commission and file a report at ftc.gov.
Tr
  28th of Sep, 2008
I have a charge of 2.01 on my checking account and I haven't ordered any magazines and have never heard of this company.
Sh
  30th of Sep, 2008
Unauthorized charge of $2.01 for an order I never placed. The 800 number listed of course is not in service.
I called the bank the following day and was told I have to contact the company to file a dispute.
Fr
  3rd of Oct, 2008
I just checked my card and I found pending charges for TWX magazine. I just wondering for this charges since we never subscribe this magazine. What should I do?
Ka
  30th of Nov, 2008
I'm 16. i barely have money in my account. i did not purchase anything online. i'm sure of that. And this company took $50 out of my account :/
Ka
  30th of Nov, 2008
this is ridiculous
same thing happened to me, but they actually took my money.
An
  2nd of Dec, 2008
I did not authorize this paymment and are concerned how they even got my credit card number. Should I call someone to have this charged removed. It was posted as 12/1 on my Bank of America Credit card
  9th of Dec, 2008
TWX MAGAZINE CHARGED AN UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTION OF $ 32.00 TO MY BANK ACCOUNT- WELLS FARGO IS LOOKING INTO IT. THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN IMMEDIATELY ! FOR THEIR UNLAWFUL BUSINESS PRACTICES.
  9th of Dec, 2008
For all those who've experienced unauthorized transactions to your bank account--you need to have your debit card #s changed ASAP so that other transactions won't be charged to your account.
  23rd of Dec, 2008
this TWX magazine is a TRUE RIP OFF!!! They just set me back over $180.00 for what I DO NOT KNOW! This money in my account was for me to get my kids christmas gifts... Now I do not know what to do! HOW COULD THEY DO THIS TO PEOPLE?? I have my bank involved, but I don't know what the outcome will be... I wish you all luck on getting your money refunded.
staceyL
  25th of Dec, 2008
800-828-6882 NY. I have not been offered any subscription. Nor have I received any magazines. I have not called anyone yet, as it is Christmas Eve. Great way to start Christmas though. At 1:32 am. No more Best Buy for me, even though I didn't buy anything there. At least not this year. And time warner? If I know it's a time warner product, unless I have NO choice, I want nothing to do with it. I hope I'm not held up to long on this. And I'll be looking for the class action suit.
  22nd of Jan, 2009
I just got hit with the same charge at my bank and I have not authorized any magazines to my credit card either! Thank you for your post as I did not know who they were much less how to find a number to TWX*ENTERTAINMENT. I just disputed this with my bank. Did you get any resolution to your unauthorized charge?

TWX Magazine Logo TWX Magazine