TWX MagazineFalse charges against my credit card

To the "obviously thorough" people who keep writing in suggesting that people are not paying attention. Not reading the fine print, or whatever, I suggesst that you pay a little closer attention to what the complainants are saying. Chances are that you have "no" idea what the complaintants situation is. And if so many people are complaining, then there is definately a consumer problem with both parties from the selling side.

I was checking my account to be sure I had enough to subscribe to Blue Mountain e cards so I could send out cards to friends for Christmas, when I saw a charge that I have no idea how this was done. This is who charged me: TWX*ENTERTAINMENT WKLY
[protected] NY. I have not been offered any subscription. Nor have I received any magazines. I have not called anyone yet, as it is Christmas Eve. Great way to start Christmas though. At 1:32 am. No more Best Buy for me, even though I didn't buy anything there. At least not this year. And time warner? If I know it's a time warner product, unless I have NO choice, I want nothing to do with it. I hope I'm not held up to long on this. And I'll be looking for the class action suit.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!1

PEACE!!!

Comments

• Bo
      May 20, 2008
    TWX Magazine - Fraud charges!
    TWX Magazine

Out of no where i got 2 charges on my bank account for 34.95 and 39.95 from this place and i haven't bought anything from them or nothing.

• Bi
      Sep 04, 2008
    TWX Magazine - Stole credit card numbers
    Denver
    Colorado

Some how, TWX magazine subscriptions got our credit card number and tried to use it. They had the exp. date wrong so our card company caught the attempt and stopped it. We had never heard of this obvious crooked company.

• Be
      Sep 11, 2008
    TWX Magazine - fraud
    New York
    Phone: [protected]

took $20.00 from my account withour authorization/ never heard if them nor do I order magazines online/I wasnt even online at 4am

• Le
      Sep 15, 2008
    TWX Magazine - did not buy this product
    twz magazine
    17406 e. 7th
    Spokane
    Washington

I just looked at my bank statment and saw a charge for 24.00 dollars on my bank statment and i never even ordered this magazine this is rediculous how can they do this to people now i have to call and fight with my bank about this.

• Mo
      Sep 19, 2008

How did u cancel this crazy crap, please help me single MOM from New Jersey!!!

• Mo
      Sep 19, 2008

I just want this crap canceled out of my banking account, I dont know a thing about this company never in my life heard of it and now I'm getting charge for something that I can not afford please help me SINGLE MOM!!!

Sep 22, 2008
    TWX Magazine - unauthorized withdrawal from checking account
    Wadsworth
    Ohio

There is an unauthorized pending debit in the amount of $2.01 from my checking account that I noticed while checking my online bank statement. I called my bank and they said it was from TWX Magazine, which I know nothing about. Repeated attempts to reach a live person have been fruitless.

Sep 22, 2008

I was charged but do not know what for .How do I stop this?Please help me.

Sep 27, 2008

I have online banking alerts on my email from my bank any time a transaction is made it alerts me. Todays alert was to inform me of two pending payments to TWX*Magazine, one for $49.00 and $17.97, which was not authorized by me. I ordered an exercise bike from a company in CA about a year ago, and as a thank you for your business said they were giving me a free 1 year subscription to 4 magazines and 1 year free of Wall Street Journal. The CA company apparently gave my credit card number to TWX. This practice is illegal. Any person who has had this happen to them is urged to file a compliant to their states attorney generals office (frauds division). TX just recently shut down a company who was doing this. You can also notify the Federal Trade Commission and file a report at ftc.gov.

• Tr
      Sep 28, 2008
    TWX Magazine - fraudulant charges

I have a charge of 2.01 on my checking account and I haven't ordered any magazines and have never heard of this company.

• Sh
      Sep 30, 2008

Unauthorized charge of $2.01 for an order I never placed. The 800 number listed of course is not in service.
    I called the bank the following day and was told I have to contact the company to file a dispute.

• Fr
      Oct 03, 2008

I just checked my card and I found pending charges for TWX magazine. I just wondering for this charges since we never subscribe this magazine. What should I do?

Nov 30, 2008
    TWX Magazine - they took out money
    i'm not sure
    Sunnyvale
    California

I'm 16. i barely have money in my account. i did not purchase anything online. i'm sure of that. And this company took $50 out of my account :/

Nov 30, 2008

this is ridiculous
    same thing happened to me, but they actually took my money.

Dec 02, 2008
    TWX Magazine - Unauthorized payment of $33.00 charged to my credit card
    1 loring avenue, unit 303
    Swampscott
    Massachusetts
    Phone: [protected]

I did not authorize this paymment and are concerned how they even got my credit card number. Should I call someone to have this charged removed. It was posted as 12/1 on my Bank of America Credit card

Dec 09, 2008
    TWX Magazine - TWX MAGAZINE IS A SCAM

TWX MAGAZINE CHARGED AN UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTION OF $ 32.00 TO MY BANK ACCOUNT- WELLS FARGO IS LOOKING INTO IT. THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN IMMEDIATELY ! FOR THEIR UNLAWFUL BUSINESS PRACTICES.

Dec 09, 2008
    TWX Magazine - TWX MAGAZINE

For all those who've experienced unauthorized transactions to your bank account--you need to have your debit card #s changed ASAP so that other transactions won't be charged to your account.

Dec 23, 2008

this TWX magazine is a TRUE RIP OFF!!! They just set me back over $180.00 for what I DO NOT KNOW! This money in my account was for me to get my kids christmas gifts... Now I do not know what to do! HOW COULD THEY DO THIS TO PEOPLE?? I have my bank involved, but I don't know what the outcome will be... I wish you all luck on getting your money refunded.
    staceyL

Dec 25, 2008

Jan 22, 2009

I just got hit with the same charge at my bank and I have not authorized any magazines to my credit card either! Thank you for your post as I did not know who they were much less how to find a number to TWX*ENTERTAINMENT. I just disputed this with my bank. Did you get any resolution to your unauthorized charge?

Feb 16, 2009

I also had charges of $25.00 and $91.00 from TWX. I called the automated number [protected]) and a recording explained that since I did an online survey about a product I purchased, I was rewarded with magazine subscriptions that I'm supposed to pay for...????

I called my credit card company and am having the charges disputed. I'm still on hold with TWX as I type this [protected]) to get them to remove the charges.

Beware online surveys!

Feb 16, 2009

You can call TWX at [protected] and tell them to refund your money. I just did that for the three separate charges on my credit card.
    They may ask you for the authorization number on your statement. I didn't have mine but was still able to get my $$ refunded. Good luck to you.
    I know how much $50 is to a 16 year old!

Feb 20, 2009
    TWX Magazine - want to cancel
    lorraine johnston
    311 s main st
    drayton
    North Dakota
    [protected]@gmail.com

i keep getting a 2.10 deduction from my account [checking] and i would like it to stop. how do i do this?
    from lorraine johnston

• Do
      Apr 01, 2009
    TWX Magazine - unathorized withdrawl
    twx magazine
    Texas

Twx magazine took money out of my account. i had never even ordered from them nor have i even heard of them before. just saw that they had took money out of my bank account.not sure how they got my imformation. beware of these people!!!

• On
      Apr 08, 2009
    TWX Magazine - false charges
    TWX Magazines
    Florida

I found 3 charges on my Credit card made by this company not authorized by me totaling $90 from them; I never ordered anything from them so they got my card by stealing the number.

Apr 27, 2009
    TWX Magazine - money charged to card
    Chattanooga
    Tennessee

I looked at my credit card statement online and noticed they charged me for 49.00 for a magazine i didn t order and when i contacted them i told them that i didnt order it. when and where do i get my money back.

• Pa
      May 20, 2009
    TWX Magazine - Unauthorized charge
    Oklahoma

I have been receiving charges to my credit card of amounts around $30. I did not authorize to purchase nor did I receive any magazines.

• Am
      May 27, 2009

Same thing just happened to me... the only thing I left the house for this last Saturday was to buy canvases at Texas Art Supply... and I show the Texas Art charge and a $29.95 charge for TIME MAGAZINE both on that same day... and I did not LEAVE THE HOUSE FOR ANYTHING ELSE... I was never OFFERED TIME MAGAZINE, have NEVER subscribed to it... and surely have no intention of subscribing now...

Tomorrow I will be calling my CC and paying Texas Art a visit to talk to the manager..

• Zi
      Jun 13, 2009

took 27.50 out of our account for no reason, no one even ordered any magazines or anything magazine related.

• Go
      Jun 13, 2009

CALL [protected] YOU CAN SPEAK TO A REP

• Cc
      Jun 17, 2009
    TWX Magazine - Money Stolen from my debit card
    New York

I started checking my debit card transactions and noticed that TWX Magazine was on the transactions. I had never heard of these people, nor have I subscribed to their magazines. They began taking from my debit card on May 05, 2009. A total of $74.85 has been taken. I want my money returned!!!

Aug 19, 2009
    TWX Entertainment weekly - Unauthorized charges
    TWx

I answerd an add for one dollar for entertainment weekly and twx charged my credit card 40. 00 without my permission. This caused them to block my card. I need that money back,

Aug 22, 2009
    TWX Magazine - stealing money

I was charged $31.00 to my checking account for a magazine I never ordered. please be aware of these people, and here is the number to talk to an actual person...[protected]

• Ga
      Sep 09, 2009
    TWX Magazine - Unauthorized Withdrawal
    Gary H. Dunham
    4850 Grakeintemple Ct.
    Germanton
    North Carolina
    Phone: [protected]

On 9-9-2009 I was charged 22.00 for TWX magazine order which no one in my household knows anything about. This unauthorized charge from them needs to be reimbursed and not repeated.

• Tu
      Sep 30, 2009

They did that because you're a stupid ###. There is no such thing as free lunch you ###ing ###

Oct 06, 2009

Have them give you a new debit card its the only way it will stop. as for getting your money back you need to call the 800 and good luck. Make sure you make a police report and give them full deatils of what happened and any numbers you have for twx. keep working at it you might get your money back. i am still trying to get my money back too.

Oct 10, 2009
    TWX Magazine - Money coming out of my that I didnt Authorize
    Joshua Dupree
    Panama City
    Florida

TWX Magazine withdrew $22.50 from my account and i want them to stop withdrawing money from my account.

Oct 13, 2009

This happened to me as well and I'm not even living in the US. You can complain or request a refund on their website at https://www.magcustomerservice.com/wss/home.do#anchor_bullet_1
    as I cannot reach them by phone [protected]

Oct 13, 2009
    TWX Magazine - unauthorized billing
    TWX

This company got my card number and sent magazines to a faudulent address.
    The subscriptions can be cancelled online at https://www.magcustomerservice.com/wss/home.do#anchor_bullet_1
    or you can call to get your money back-but it takes a lone time to bet a person-[protected]

Thanks complaint board as I would have never found out what this was if I hadn't Googled the charge and been referred to your website.

• Pl
      Oct 20, 2009
    TWX Magazine - Unathourized credit charge
    Twx magazine
    Phone: [protected]

I am unaware of how they got my credit card information, but because of this magazine's unathourized credit charge, I suffered an overdraft fee, which caused 2 more overdraft fees in my Woodforrest banking account sending it to a negative $116.