TWX AOL ServiceUNAUTHORIZED WITHDRAWAL FROM CHECKING ACCOUNT

On 12/31/08 a withdrawal of $32.90 was made from my checking account at my credit union. the information given was as follows:
Id [protected] co:TWX AOL SERVICE.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in El Cajon 92020, CA I have no idea how they(whoever "they" are?) got my account # or how this can happen.
What can be done to stop this from happening and how do I get my money back??
Brian Sticht

Comments

• St
      Mar 02, 2009

If you call the 800 number and press "0" while in the automated machine, you can reach an operator (the machine will try to dissuade you by saying "you may have to wait a long time" and "we can finish this quickly now, if you choose" and then offering three different automated survey's, but if you continue to press "no" you can reach a real person). They were able to cancel the subscription for which I never applied. Sorry to say, I don't know how to get a refund...I read on this same board that if you file a claim with your bank and ask to reverse the charges, the magazine will.

• He
      Jan 25, 2010

I just notice dthat my checking acct. is being charged $32.90 a month for who knows how long now. I haven't the slightest idea how aol even got ahold of my acct. number. I went to chase bank and got another debit card hoping that would help IT HASN'T!! What do I need to do now? Don't want to close my acct. cause I just bought a new house and that will screw up all my paperwork. Any way of canceling.

• He
      Jan 25, 2010

please stop charging my acct.