Tshwane Municipality / No Service received on cancellation

South Africa Review updated:
2.5

Emails were submitted to customercare@tshwane.gov.za on 29 September 2008 for the cancellation of services to rented property as the lease contract expired on 31 September 2008.

Subsequent emails were sent on 01 October and 11 October requesting feedback / confirmation that services were cancelled and the outstanding balance settled against the R800+ deposit paid. In order for the letting agency to return my deposit of R3500 for the rented property, proof is required that this bill was settled in full.

To date, no communication in any form has been received from the Tshwane Municipality to even confirm receipt of request.

Comments

Al
  19th of Jan, 2009
This is no news of no service. We sold our house 3 years ago, and after various letters to Tshwane only now they are looking at the refund of more than R4000. And you won't believe it but now we only get R1167 back from this R4000+ that the lawyers paid on our behalf, the other money can not be refunded because we didn't safe our receipts of the rates and electricity that we paid, although it shows on their system that the money was paid. And as you know there is nowhere to go with this. IF they owe you money you will wait and take what ever they feel you will have but if you owe them the electricity is just cut and that's it.

Wonderful city council that we have at Tshwane
Pu
  2nd of Apr, 2010
ive been trying to email you people about my statement but your website does not give me an option to send. im out of the country for some time. will you please email my statements as from now on to my email adress (dlalipumla@yahoo.com). i dont want my kids to be out of electricity. my ID NO is 66701040569086.
So