TruTech TV / TV has broke in 6 months!

I purchased a tru tech tv in October 2006. The tv has broke in 6 months. I am very upset with target and trutech. I will not shop at target anymore. I don't believe i can get my money back because of other complaints i have read. I just wanted to say this is very bad for business saying target is where all the rich folks go. Ha ha.

More TruTech TV Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Aa
      3rd of Jul, 2007

I purchased a 32'' Trutech LCD two months ago and it is now broke. The standby light turns on but the television never actually turns on. Since I live in an apartment I was unable to keep the 32'' box, which is required to return the 32'' massive piece of junk. I think that target sells crap and I refuse to give them any more of my business. Additionally, I have started a petition among friends and around one hundred people have committed to not shopping at Target. Trutech is a worthless brand that's cheap pricing will entice frugal consumer, but ultimately is heap of junk. The Trutech television is a terd. Beware of the polished terd that Target is passing off as quality at a reasonable price.

• Ka
      8th of Jul, 2007

I too purchased a small (19") Trutech flat screen TV and paid $279 for it. After using for one year it went out and in not repairable. I went back to Target and was told that there was nothing they could do as it was over 90 days since I purchased the TV and furthermore, in fine print, there was a 90 limited warranty. I was told to contact the manufacturer! Good Luck... I can't find the manufacturer!!! I am out $279.00 as well. I WILL NO LONGER BUY ANYTHING FROM TARGET! TARGET CHEATS THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!

• Da
      16th of Jul, 2007

I also bought a TruTech about a year ago and very rarely used it because it was in my bar. When I went to turn it on nothing happened except a couple of flashes. What a piece of #@$%. I will not shop at target anymore. They shouldn't sell crap like this.

18th of Jul, 2007

Same thing here bought the 19 inch flat screen trutech, broke after 6 months. Went to target... they said cant do anything since it has been longer then 3 months.

Piece of garbage, good thing i got it black Friday. Only paid 180 bucks. Still lost that money.

• Je
      22nd of Jul, 2007

I to own a TruTech 15" LCD TV. Had it about a year, then it took a dump. Standby light is on and flashing but nothing works. Bought it at Target. The label says they are made in China by a Canadian firm, Alco Electronics. What a waste of money.

• Ca
      29th of Jul, 2007

I to have apparently bought a piece of Target junk. I bought a 15" flat screen LCD TRUETECH TV for my grandson Christmas of 2006 and as of May of 2007 it no longer works. I have been told by Target that because I did not buy the extended warranty there is nothing that they can do. Also at the same time I was told that they have not had any problems with this TV. I found out differently when I was trying to find a web site for Truetech and found this site instead. Thanks for the real truth.

5th of Aug, 2007

This was a gift in September of 2006, 11 months later I am experiencing the same problem with the standby light flashing and nothing works. This is definitely a piece of junk, and Target should protect its consumers.

• Ti
      5th of Aug, 2007

I also bought this piece of junk from Target on Black Friday 11/24/2006, the 19” LCD TV Model #PLV16190 and 8 months later the TV is broke. I can hear sound but no picture. I called my local Target store for assistance and was told since I purchased it over 90 days ago, I had to contact the manufacturer. The store gave me this number to call 800-303-0308. After going through all the voice prompts, I finally got to the section where I could type in the manufactures name & get the phone number, surprisingly TRUTECH was not listed. I’m done with Target; they don’t offer any support for TRUTECH TV’s which is inexcusable since TRUTECH is a trademark of Target Brands, Inc. TRUTECH is owned by Alco Electronics, 8392 Six Forks Rd., Suite 104, Raleigh, NC 27615, (800) 252-6123. I called Alco’s 800 # and was able to get this website (www.18002526123.com) to file a customer service complaint; perhaps I might get a response from them in the next few days! Hopefully anyone else posting comments on this board will find this info useful. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TV REPLACEMENTS!

• Ly
      20th of Aug, 2007

I also (unfortunately) bought a Tru Tech flat screen TV (using a bonus I worked very hard for at work). It was put in the kitchen and used only THREE TIMES before it quit working... I was not able to return it though because the "return window" passed.

I too have quit shopping at Target!

When it became apparent that they were selling junk to good hard working people they should have done a recall or at least let us exchange our barely used merchandise for something that works.

• Tr
      21st of Aug, 2007

We also bought a 19in Trutech during the day after Thanksgiving sale. It now is one subpar radio. The picture went out. I have learned a lesson to never buy durables from no-name companies. I only hope others will not have to pay $179.00 in stupid tax like the rest of us.

• Ef
      25th of Aug, 2007

I was about to purchase a TRUETECH and I am greatful that I found this site.

Bottomline...let's not blame let's focus on the solution.

Problem: TRUETECH is selling crap and TARGET is promoting it.

Solution: TARGET assume responsibility remove the brand from the shelf do NOT buy or sell crap,
    it tarnishes your reputation

TrueTech sell your product to your Chinese brothern ; keep it off our shelves.

Erem Wilson
    SgtMaj USMC (Ret)

28th of Aug, 2007

I have a 15" and it crapped out also. just started buzzing for no reason one day, and has not worked since. Target should pull this crap.

• To
      30th of Aug, 2007

My wife bought the Trutech T600-D dvd player for our daughter's birthday last Dec. By the time we hooked it up and she reported the problem the 90 day window expired and dah, dah, daahh, you guessed it. Target wouldn't take it back. I think my daughter tried to use it a half dozen times and just gave up. I took it apart because I like to tinker with electronics and found that the power stayed on until the motor, that spins the disc, engages. The electronics, in these things, are crap. The thing felt like it was about to melt after a minute of run time. I too am done with Trutech and any one who doesn't stand by a brand they choose to sell.

• Tr
      2nd of Sep, 2007

I have a 20". Bought it at the end of May 2007. It is now Sept. 2007 and the DVD player on my TV won't work. It reads no valid disc.

2nd of Sep, 2007

I also have a target polished nerd that does not work if anyone finds a way for redemption please contact me until then no target for my AMEX...

• Am
      10th of Sep, 2007

I also have a bootleg tv that doesn't work... my tv plays for a little while then it turns off... at first i thought it was possessed but i noticed that if you unplug it from the wall and press power it works again so i have been doing that for 2 days and i am tired... who wants to have to keep unplugging and plugging a tv in order to watch it... so i guess i join the rest of you in saying Trutech sucks...

• Wi
      11th of Sep, 2007

i wish i found out about this site... bought mine last year a 32 in.. was put in my beauty salon... when i moved it which was like six months later... it stopped working after that.... i put it in a repair shop in may of 2007... the technician couldn't find no info on true tech i finally picked it up yesterday.... i was gonna try to do a switch with target but it seems like they don't sell that size no more...so i am sassed out like the rest of you guys... what can be the remedy for our situations... please somebody let me know

• Li
      15th of Sep, 2007

I have a TruTech PLV1615T that will not turn on. It first started humming, you could hear the TV sound but screen was blue, then remote stopped working, then when you unplugged it and plugged it back in it hummed again but never turned back on. Apparently I am not the only one. These are cheap TV's that Target will only exchange for 90 days. Now that I see several people have the same problem I will not try to have it repaired. I guess it will put the TV where it belongs, in the trash! Thank you for the information.

• Al
      16th of Sep, 2007

Our 26 in. Tru Tech just died, the screen went totally black with not warning. We haven't even owned this a full 7 months. After reading everyone else's posts I won't even bother hauling this pice of junk back to Target. Thankfully I still have the original book with the company info in it. Does anyone else know if they actually take steps to replace this?

22nd of Sep, 2007

I have just bought a truetech lcd tv out of the box no imputs work everytime i connect somthing cable s video it displays no signal if there is not a easy fix for this i will return it tomorrow hell it won't even let me set the clock If anyone can help let me know