True.com / Deceptive Practices & Poor Customer Service

1 Waterford, WI, United States Review updated:

True.com is by far the worst internet dating experience I've ever had. It is a complete scam!! Stay Away!! They send you automated winks to pump you up and keep you going. They send you automated emails with the same intention. I'm not really sure if any actual human viewed my profile and actually contacted me. I also doubt if any of my communications were taken seriously by the people I sent them to because they are also getting the automated winks and emails and eventually you stop taking them seriously. On top of this, they tricked me to sign-up by advertising they were a christian dating service and in reality, they were no different than any other service. With the emphasis on "christian dating", I would expect more disgression and filtering and higher quality. It was terrible.

I also feel completely tricked and cheated too: I'll start by saying, yes - I failed to cancel within the 7 day free trial - I called 2 days late. That said, they wanted to hold a gun to my head and charge me a full $65 since I tripped into the first full month 2 days. After a lot of arguing with a robotic, pre-programmed "floor manager", she refunded $45 of the $65 but I still got dinged $20 for a completely useless "free 7 day trial".

Never, ever sign-up with True.com - of the 4-6 dating sites I've tried, this is by far the lowest quality and is definitely a scam. Beware!!

Jj

Comments

• Fi
      10th of Feb, 2010

You should call their Customer Service number back and ask to speak to a supervisor at ext. 6467 and they should be able to help you resolve it.

• Du
      8th of Mar, 2010

I would have cancelled within 1 day if it was that bad. I have a free trial with Free Credit Report.com, if I don't cancel in time and get billed, I'll suck it up. It's MY fault.