Tropical Grand Vacations / SCAM

1 London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

Somebody phoned me last night from tropical grand vacation. I am NEVER a sucker for these kind of things, but I gave out my card details. I didn't want to give out my credit card details, so I only gave them my debit card details.

They wanted £495 from me. I knew there wasn't enough money on this account, so how could they get the money then? They did it while i was on the phone with them and the told me that there is something wrong with my card.
I knew it was insufficient funds but the lady said they were going to try again. She came back after a few minutes and told me that it was a mistake from their side and everything is done. I knew it was a scam because they didn't even take the amount that we agreed upon. I immediately phoned te bank to put a block on this, but they told me that the transaction is already processed and I can't do anything about it. They took £395 out of my account.
Im not even sure if I am going to get their promised parcel. and if i get it, is there any way that I could get the money back. because from what I am reading, nobody gets their money back, eventhough they've cancelled within the 30days.
please help me? how can i get my money back?

Ta

Comments

• Ca
      18th of Mar, 2009

First of all your information regarding a company that is offering you a discounted vacation is to simply promote their host resort for good word of mouth advertising. If you're SMART consumer you would know that your credit card company protects you 100% and will do a charge back during any one year period of time after transaction took place. Your credit card company protects you so if you want YOUR MONEY back then call your credit card company the numbers located on the back of your card, it should begin with 866, or 800. Really, and I thought Americans were stupid. YOu people from the UK are more ###ed then Americans these days. Don't you know anything about your credit card company, or the consumer protection act? Try googling that information, you can thank me later.

For those ###s out there who havent even recieved your package, why havent you called your credit card company to ask for a refund? Why are you insisting to call the company for one? CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY, OR BANK. SERIOUSLY! Next time you post negetive feedback on here just remember that there's people reading this that are wondering how you got so dumb.

• Li
      7th of Apr, 2009

Caroline, your words of wisdom are so heartfelt and welcome - NOT.

Tania, as this was done through the bank you will have to raise a fraud complaint with them. Which bank are you with? If you are with the royal bank of Scotland and have a royalties gold account then this should be sorted out in no time.
    Please also go to the federal trade commissions website and lodge an official complaint with the details of the company and who you have spoken to.

www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov this is an American website but I think this company is America's problem and the American government should deal with it.

I can only say the governments should be ashamed that there are business's in America or any where in the world that are allowed to conduct business in this manner - and I’m afraid to say that it is up to us to stop it happening any longer - please do register an official complaint - tis the only way to do it...