Trilegiant / Trilegiant programs: great fun, live well, privacy guard, traveler's advantage, et al.

1 Athens, GA, United States Review updated:

Hello all, this will likely be the only post I make on this board, so I will make it short, sweet, and to the point.

I currently work for the Athens branch of DialAmerica which is an inbound call center; basically we are pop up windows when you activate a credit card, make a car or truck rental reservation and other such things.

You will be transferred to me when someone asks you if you'd like to hear about $40 in gas certificates or some such nonsense. A lot of times those people who are transferring you will promise these things free (ie a credit report), because they get .25-.50 cents per transfer. Keep in mind that they are only trying to put a bit of food on their table.

Don't feel compelled to feel like you must stay on the phone with us. We only need to have two rebuttals to specific objections that you give us before we have to get off the phone with you. Specific objections include: want to think about it/talk with spouse, don't need, don't need 2nd time, wouldn't use, et cetera.

Okay, to the legal issues: the programs and languages of what we say are a legal contract under FCC guidelines. You may have signed up for only a dollar or an upsell for free, but we fast talk you into saying yes into the parts where you need to say yes in order for you to be in a contract with Trilegiant

Believe you me, I hate my job. I've only been at it a month and have probably screwed more people out of money than I ever could have were I a con man.

Here are my tips to you: 1) Don't allow yourself to be transferred for anything that sounds too good to be true, and if you are transferred, tell that person right away that you didn't want to be transferred and you aren't interested, that way we get to hang up on you. 2) Say there is an illness or a recent death in the family, we have to hang up on you right then and there. 3) If you're the polite type and don't like to hang up on anyone, just say I'm not interested, and then I won't use it. That gives us our two rebuttals to hang up on you with no problem on our end. 4) Simply hang up after hearing a minute or so of our talk. It doesn't hurt out ability to keep out jobs if you do that. 5) AND THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: ask who we work for. If you've been on this website, then you know Trilegiant is absolutely evil to cancel services from. They will run you around every legal loophole they can to keep you from cancelling their services, which is why they have been sued numerous times. Just ask who we work for and when the word Trilegiant or Affinion comes up, just hang up the phone. You really don't want that mess on your credit or debit card...

One last thing, and I only mention this because we sell a lot of these to Wells Fargo customers: you can get your credit report for free online! There is no need for you to sign up with our Identity Theft Protection service and pay $12 a month for it. Yeah, they tell you it's only a dollar for the first 30 days. But if you can't tell me which is a better deal: FREE or a DOLLAR, well, I guess I'm signing you up here soon, aren't I?

Comments

Is
  16th of Jun, 2010

If you dont like the job quit! if your unhappy call human resources. LET ME GIVE YOU THE NUMBER: 1-800-701-3131
I worked for Dial for 6years as a fulltime teamleader until our branch closed. I would still be there if that did not happen I worked in Monroeville branch 346! I loved my job and the people I worked with!

El
  7th of Dec, 2010

GOOD for you for speaking up!

Everyone can help stop the Trilegiant scams! Contact Freed & Weiss to speak up & take action.

Here's some information:

Trilegiant Scam: HELP STOP IT!

Trilegiant is behind more consumer abuse. Take action and contact Freed & Weiss - info @ freedweiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or call, toll free 866.779.9610

Here's more information:

Customers of websites like 1-800-Flowers.com, Travelocity, Shutterfly, and Orbitz are reporting mysterious monthly reoccurring charges to their credit cards.

Thanks to marketing tactics (i.e., those pop-up windows) used during check out, without proper consent consumers are accidentally joining club memberships and having to pay for them monthly!

Most people don't even realize they are being charged every month for a service they never ordered!

Is this happening to you? Have you made a purchase for travel, work, or fun using any of the following sites:

1-800-Flowers.com,
Redcats USA
Pizza Hut
Movie Tickets.com
GMAC Mortgage

Join this cause to learn more and stop the consumer abuse from Trilegiant.

AND PLEASE CONTACT FREED & WEISS IMMEDIATELY if you - or anyone you know - has reoccurring charges after purchasing from any of these companies.

Contact Freed & Weiss by emailing: info @ FreedWeiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or calling: (312) 220 - 0000, or toll free (866) 779 - 9610

Help Spread the Word to Your Friends!

What should I look for? Mysterious charges involving the business practice of Trilegiant/Affinion and Verture include the following membership programs:

LiveWell,
IdentitySecure,
CardCops,
PC SafetyPlus,
and Hot-Line

Banks issuing the credit cards and processing unauthorized charges on your account include: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Chase, Bank of America, US Bank.

CHARGES WILL APPEAR ON YOUR CREDIT CARD BILLS WITH CRYPTIC DESCRIPTIONS SUCH AS: TLG*LIVWEL15130916JUL 800-7932318 CT."

What can I do?

Contact Freed & Weiss immediately, if you or someone you know has been charged mysterious monthly recurring fees after making purchased as any of the online companies.