Travis Industries — Poor quality gas fireplace
This is an attractive gas fireplace. However, before purchasing one I urge the customer to open the door at the bottom of the fireplace, remove the panel and examine the mess behind. The rat's nest of wires is something not worthy of a high school science project. Also remove the battery tray on the right side. This should convince the customer to look for another unit.
I purchased and installed the blower after installing the fireplace. It is not an easy job, in large part because the instructions are so poor. I had to call customer service at least three times to get information not provided in the instructions.
The blower is controlled by a thermostat. After the fireplace has been producing hot air for at least 30 minutes, the blower is activated. It remains on blowing cold air long after the fireplace flame has been turned off. Replacing the thermostat with different settings made it activate sooner, but the blower still remains on longer than it should.
All this and more I sent in a letter to the president of Travis Industries. He didn't even acknowledge receipt of my letter.
j. stephenson's Response, Sep 24, 2019
Please let me know what other information you need.
More Travis Industries Complaints & Reviews
- Travis Industries - Fireplace Xtraordinaire 
- Travis Industries - 564 HO greensmart 2 fireplace 
- Travis Industries/Stoves and Stuff - Poor Quality Terrible Customer Service
- Travis Industries - Working for Travis Ind. is terrible
- Travis Industries - faulty circuit board - no warranty - travis dvl gsr2 nb 
- Travis Industries - greensmart gas insert fireplace
- Travis Industries - fireplace xtrordinair