TPC*Proactiv / false billing on my credit card

1 El Segundo, CA, United States Review updated:

On 6/13/18 my credit card bill showed a $181.68 charge for a company I had never heard of. Upon investigation I learned that tpc*proactiv has a very long history of shady happenings such as occurred to me.
I had never heard of, nor had I received any communication with this company before the false charge was reported to me by my credit card monthly bill.
A quick google inquiry showed this company to have several years of such practices. If this company is in any way legitimate, this is no way to show it.
I have asked my credit card company to treat it as a scam billing and remove it.
Also - for the record - I phoned the company at the number listed in their billing and the first thing they asked for was my phone number. I quickly hung up.
These operators are likely responsible for all the hated nuisances like robo-calls, junk mail, etc., and gathering information like your phone number just gives them more to work with.

Mi
Jun 13, 2018

Comments

• Ro
      19th of Jul, 2018

Same thing happened to me on May 3 2018, still waiting on a review from Citi Card . They removed the charges but added them back this month. I sent another letter asking for a explanation from Citi Bank on what they have found out and was told a decision would be made by September. Not sure how our why they billed be again after removing it once.

3rd of Sep, 2018
    TPC*Proactiv - skin care products
    El Segundo
    California

I was checking my bank account and noticed that I was charged $135 for products I never ordered on my credit card. I never made a transaction last night, August 27, 2018, with my credit card. Now have to call my bank to stop payment. What kind of scam is this?

• Su
      18th of Jan, 2019

On 1/18/2019, looking at my charge card statement, I found a pending charge for $107.83 (dated 1/17/2019) from TPC Proactiv. I immediately contacted my credit card company. I have never ordered any proactiv skin care products but some how they got my credit card number and billed it. Capital One locked/cancelled my card and is sending out a new one. How is this company getting away with this?