Toyota Financial Services / I hate them

Toyota Financial does not know what customer service is! They are terrible. They have lost checks of mine. I have sent checks in, done online bill pay, done payments through their site, and they clear on my bank's end...but not at Toyota (according to them). I think they are in the business of stealing money...not of providing loans. They wrongfully repossessed my car earlier this year, and I had to borrow money from a family member since I didn't have the money...and now along with my car loan, I also technically have a loan with this family member...and Toyota still has not fixed their error. I have my state's consumer board investigating them...but it is taking forever. I hate Toyota Financial. They are terrible. I wish I could afford to just pay off the loan all today!

Va

Comments

• Bt
      13th of Jun, 2008

They are BEYOND awful. I went through a lease transfer that took over 2 months of me calling and pointing our errors with addresses, failed promises... I just got off the phone with a rep who admitted that they are not equipped to handle things efficiently. She really did try hard though. And she did get me a supervisor's extension. It took haranguing the supervior for three days to get me my paperwork (which was promised for THREE WEEKS) send 2nd-day FedEx. Finally it is over. I got hung up on, lied to, and had my information sent to bad addresses. IDIOTS.

• Kh
      8th of Aug, 2008

i am so upset, i heat the day iwent to toyota dealer were i purchase two cars... 2009
    since that day, i was receiving too many cals from toyoa fianancing;;;regarding my payement...even i sent the total of 520.38 . i have the copy of money orders.
    no one listen to me .its ok
    but put on minde that i am not responsable no more for
    the payment for this car...because u trate ur custumer
    bull shut.even i mention my attitude on ur surveille..
    poor... every thing... u still not care...
    i dont care too... take ur car plz
    or i will see u at the court, no thanks for u
    u dont desere it case# 2008
    o8-o8 06 22

• Pa
      28th of Aug, 2008

I sent them an overpayment of $250.00 on June 3, 2008. It is now August 28, 2008. After numerous call to try and get my money back, no one at Toyota Financial Services knows where it is. They are of no help!

16th of Nov, 2009

I too have been a faithful consumer to toyota. In May of this year my husband and I paid our monthly bill with a money order. Never paying with a money order before I was unaware that we needed to keep the reciept. So we had no proof that we paid May payment. So they told us they would send out a paper for us to sign to put Mays payment at the end of our loan. Then June came around. We again paid with a money order. This time I kept the reciept. I was told that they never recieved the payment. So I had to pay 25 dollars of out of pocket expense to trace the money order. come to find out that not only did toyota financial recieve the payment, they also cashed it and did not credit it to our account. So since june i have been on the phone nearly every day with them. They told us to fax the paper to them that the money order company sent us. I did over 20 times. Ive talked to at least 100 different ppl most of them rude and uncaring to our situation. I have been told numorous times that someone would call us back within the hour, within the day, within the week, and no one ever calls us back. We get up to three phone calls a day from toyota telling us that our account is past due, but we can't get anyone to call us to tell us what is going on. They keep saying that they have never recieved a fax from us. I have sent it to at least ten different fax numbers that they have provided us with. I have faxed this paper in three times alone today. I have talked to fifteen ppl just today. I was told by two supervisors today alone that they would call me back within the hour. I spent five hours this morning on the phone with this company. Now they are putting our car into default for payments that they have already recieved and I have no clue what to do. This has taken a huge toll on my marriage, this has ruined our credit and in this economy credit is everything. We cant even buy a new washing machine because of the bad marks that toyota has put on our credit. I quit smoking five years ago and now because of stress smoke at least a pack a day. I cry almost every single day. I feel like toyota has ruined our lives, and it just doesnt seem like they really care all that much.

• Ba
      11th of Dec, 2009

I too have had issues with TMCC. I was up to date on payments, got a new job, and would not recieve a paycheck for the first 4 wks, so asked for an extension of 1 month. They readily agreed, as I had never missed a payment or been late. However, the following month I was not able to make payment as I was still recovering from not having a check for 4 wks. When I made the following months payment, I paid over $80 more than normal, to start catching up on the 1 month that I missed. However, toyota began calling me, telling me I owed them 2 months of payments!!! Where did my extension go?? I should have owed only 1 month! So after 3 wks on the phone with them, and numerous different answers, they told me the extension went to the March 30 payment. I told them that had already been paid, on April 2. They said no, they didn't recieve it. I faxed them a copy of my bank statement several times, showing the payment, and to this day, it has not been resolved. It's now Dec 11, and because of other bad luck I had recently, I am behind 2 months, and they say it's 3 months, and are coming to repossess my vehicle. I am wondering, what recourse do I have to get them to aknowledge the extension? I am not 3 months behind, only 2! Help!

• By
      14th of Jul, 2011

I was behind in payments because I missed a lot of work during my pregnancy (bed rest at 27 wks until 35wks when I had an emergency c-section). I was finally able to catch-up on my payments, even spoke to a man that said "yep you are fine, all caught up". Next thing I know they are repossessing my car! I call Toyota Financial and I am told that the reason for the reposession is for $75.00 in late fees!!! $75.00!!! They repossessed my car for freakin $75.00! I will never work with Toyota Financial again!