TNT Carports

North Carolina
North Carolina
Phone: 800-597-3597
tntcarports.com
The TNT customer service department only knows conflict avoidance and shirks their responsibility to lower line staff--particularly schedulers. TNT is fast becoming a very disreputable company that cannot follow-through on their customer commitments because they are totally dependent and at the mercy of the installers with whom they subcontract. These subcontractors are unwilling to work in cold weather and typically have convenient breakdowns. If TNT thinks that this system will not hurt their business in the long run, and perhaps even in the near term, then they are kidding themselves. Hire experienced drivers to deliver to all climates, and employ regional installers who are not afraid of the elements!!! I am on my third cancellation, and have been given the breakdown excuse and inclement weather for travel, though no roads were closed and commerce seemed to be moving fine. Further, friends/neighbors/family all cannot believe the poor service of TNT. Word-of-mouth is really picking up to not buy from TNT, which will in turn cause sellers to find other companies that will not damage their images in their sales areas. Also, I think this company is ripe for a governmental review save just Better Business Bureau complaints. Consumers deserve the best service delivery and customer support--both of which are severely lacking at this company. An investigation is needed into fraudulent advertising and the so called no refund policy as mentioned in other complaints.
Complaint comments Comments (17) Complaint country United States Complaint category Building, Construction

Comments

N  17th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
As the complaints board site will not allow me to edit my complaint, I am using comments to update this complaint. TNT has now come through and installed the structure. I can say this: the installers were efficient and the building is asthetically pleasing to the eye. It also appears stucturally sound. It did take numerous rescedules to finally get them on site, so I believe this company should still take a good look at their process for transportation and installation. At the end of the day, we finally have our building and it appears that quality is not an issue.
A  23rd of Jun, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I completely agree!!! TNT has terrible communication both with their own employees and with their customers. I ordered a TNT carport from Leonard Buildning in Kannapolis NC who also have issues. All was good when i ordered the building from Leonard but when the contract was signed and the down payment paid, Leonard was noplace to be found when I started having trouble. TNT canceled 2 times, showed up 2 times with the wrong or inadequate parts to install the carport. They left tin laying in my yard which killed my grass, TNT crew spoke very little English so communication was hard and TNT personnel will return NO phone calls until they are good and ready ( which could be days if at all). I now have my carport, the trim is crooked, i picked up at least 50 sheet metal screws left laying in the gravel drive and im a bit concerned about the way the legs were installed...overall, very dissopointed in TNT service, the carport i would rate a 6 out of a possible 10.
N  28th of Jun, 2013 by    0 Votes
Very poor service. Drove 3 hours to meet installers and lost 2 days of work. Installers said they couldn't find address which is clearly marked on mailbox. What a joke. Will be getting money back.no carport installed. Poor costumer service. They said it would have to go back on delivery list and didn't know when it could be delivered even if the installers could find the location.
N  9th of Jul, 2013 by    0 Votes
I ordered a 12x36 carport in january 2013 that had to becertified to withstand 120 mph winds. I was called about 6pm on a friday night that the crew was at my office, ready to install the carport, it was dark and raining and I was curious how they were going to install a 12 x 36 x14H building at night and in the rain.I was told that if they didn't install they would not get paid. Keep in mind this company is 5 hours away, so I let them install the building. It was a complete disaster and I could shake the carport with 1 hand which I videoed and sent to the company.Fast forward dozens of UNRETURNED CALLS, 4 months later and the building is done and I am awaiting final inspection before I pay them. Once they agreed the old car port was worthless they agreed to expand mine 18" wider and 4' longer for no extra charge. I have recieved 3 calls in the last week (2 today) From Kim in accounting wanting me to settle up with a credit card over the phone. I told her it was amazing that for months no one would return my call and now it's twice a day, I told her TNT would be the last company I would give my credit card over the phone, so now she is turning me over to collections. I guess she forget that when she called last week I told her I would pay when I passed inspection from the county. This company is a joke from top to bottom and in my opinion I would steer very clear of this company. You've been warned
N  18th of Jul, 2013 by    0 Votes
Ordered a large barn thru Barns.com in March 2011. Other than the lack of installers that speak in english, the install went smoothly. About three weeks ago, the rod/pipe/whatever which the roll up door spring is coiled around broke loose, leaving the spring an uncoiled wad, and the door uncoiled, half open and unusable. Numerous conversations with Derek, the titled Customer Service Manager, and Amber in scheduling have resulted in promises of call back in half an hour which never happen, a promised and confirmed (by them on Friday 7/12/13) crew to come out this past Tuesday (7/16/13) resulted in no show. No one there cares about customer service. Do yourself a favor, stay well away from doing business with this company, unless you enjoy being lied to.
N  25th of May, 2014 by    0 Votes
I ordered 3 side panels in September 2013 never was delivered called them 2 times gave them $40.00 deposit 9 months later still no panels this company is very bad to do business with.stay away from this company
N  2nd of Jun, 2014 by    0 Votes
Very bad company to do business with. I had to take off work 2 days before I finally got my carport. Aggie the customer rep. From Tennessee is a poor excuse for any type of business. She never called to let me know when my carport was arriving. She told me anywhere from 7:00 am on Friday to 7:00 pm Friday or 7:00 an to all day long on Saturday . I missed 2days of work plus numerous phone calls not being answered and never returned. I called customer service twice only to be hung up in by Stephanie the Customer Service person. When my carport arrived at 7:30 on Saturday, the 3 men that delivered it could not speak any English.
A  19th of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
Worst company ever. We ordered material and were assured we could get it, Probably 3 to 5 weeks. After 6 weeks were told 4 to 6 weeks. After that couldn't even get an answer to phone calls or emails. Gabriel Otalaza the Sales Rep for Al is a poor excuse for a sales rep. After 4 months and after speaking with Aggie who assured me several times we would be receiving the following week Gabriel tells me they are too busy and they will be refunding my deposit. That was after speaking with the sales manager on Aug 4th and today is Aug 19th and still no refund. Hard to believe a company could have that many incompetent people.
A  30th of Sep, 2014 by    +1 Votes
No accountability on their part to resolve a one year old bill. Their billing department is worthless. One year after install should I be responsible for there lack of billing. No. They would not work with me on the bill. Its there fault, not mine. I will in the future go else where for my cover needs. Will I tell a friend about this company, hell yes I will, DO NOT USE TNT. CHEAP ###.
A  2nd of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
Agree. I ordered a carport end of last summer and was told by the sale agent at Carports.com that the carport would be installed in 3 to 5 weeks. I sent several emails and made several phone calls only to receive nothing but lip service until finally after more than 3 months they informed me that due to the arrival of winter weather, they would be unable to install the carport and issued a refund, so now I have several valuable antique cars under car covers and buried in the snow that should be in a carport right now. At this point I will stick build a wood frame structure myself in the spring. I will never do business with T n T again.
N  5th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
I also must testify the horrible facts about Tnt carports in NC.
As a scammed customer please do trust these people.
They will scam you also.
A  2nd of Jul, 2015 by    0 Votes
I have a complaint as well on this company their employees are a joke the girls that run the Scheduling dept are Rude, Nasty, I Talk to a Scheduling Dept. Manager Name Stephanie Monroy she was very Rude Cussing me Telling me that I was not going to get my Carport any time soon and if I fool with her I want get it at all and I want get my money back or my carport, I told her I would and she told me to go to hell and hung the phone up on me. I try to call back and got a Nickie and she was Rude to telling me I need to talk to Stephanie or the GM, well I tried to call him and left him a voicemail and still no call. I don't know who own this sorry company but they need to get rid of these to people either that are close this place down, There are Better Carport Places out there then TNT Carports in Mount Airy NC
A  9th of Jul, 2015 by    +1 Votes
Blatant Fraud, Fraud with Impunity
Signed contracts, deposit of $1295. 2 Years ago.
Nothing since, no emails, no phone calls, my calls end up with "Robot Calls".
Provided documents to U.S. Postal Inspector..."we'll put it in the system" That was a year ago.
Documents to NC Atty General Fraud Unit...No yesponse. Year ago.
Pleaded with TNT as a disabled 72 year old, a $1295 loss was catastrophic. NADA.
Please, Please help. me. Has anyone gotten through to them ?
Hwelp
N  13th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
We ordered a garage that cost near $8000. We figured paying cash would inspire good customer service. Not so. First we had several appointments for installation. One installer came the day before schedule and was intoxicated as he told us to put in 3 more feet of gravel. A second installer told us that that the site was level. The final installer worked three days on what we were told would be a one day job. While watching the installation we observed the building shift from it's position as one helper released a belt too soon and was confronted by the installer. This shift moved the garage from being flushed to one side of the house. They couldn't fix it back so they filled it in with patches. Having paid one half of the cost we continuously requested to have it properly fitted. The installer said he was losing money fooling with this job and he would prefer to take it down. No one from TNT would even come to look at the area we had issue with after many calls. They argued with my husband a few times but would never come to see the building. I am holding the final payment in the bank until someone will at least come to take a look.
A  15th of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
Kim is the most pathetic excuse for a public relations person ever. Paid in full in July 2015 for a job to be completed in six to eight weeks. No communications. I had to call repeatedly to try to figure out what was (not) happening. Then, on 09/14/15 I received a collection notice from Tri-Adjustments Inc. out of Wisconsin. They have stolen $2600 then had the audacity to report me to collections. I'm suing. That's it.
A  20th of Dec, 2015 by    0 Votes
4 weeks waiting for them to contact and resolve this. Should have been installed on 45 degree angles. Meanwhile my travel trailer and ropes anchored to it are keeping it upright!

A  4th of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
I signed a contract and put down a deposit in September, 2015. Scheduling delivery was quite easy. Structure delivered and assembled on time. However, two support struts were not placed and no structural anchors were placed. I didn't realize this until the inspector would not pass the building. The inspector also pointed out that the blue prints require a minimum of 12 inches between the corner and the roll-up doors. I called TNT 3 times before I was able to actually speak to a person (the scheduler). Of course, she couldn't resolve the issues, however, she did get Tommy on the phone. We talked about the issues, and he agreed that these would be fairly simple to resolve (add the two missing struts, add some anchoring pieces, and get the structural engineer to sign off on a modified blue print showing that 8" minimum is required). Tommy indicated that he would call back that afternoon to follow up with me. Now we are two weeks after that, and my voicemail messages are generating no responses. I have started e-mailing Tommy and Estephanie, and that finally got a response from Tommy today (Friday, the 4th of March, 2016) that stated he was in discussions with Dr Omar about this. I responded within two minutes of receiving his e-mail, but of course, I got no further responses. So now I sit here with a sizable investment ($12k+ between the concrete pad and garage) that I cannot use because it won't pass inspection and a company that will not even take 5 minutes to blow sunshine up my skirt, let alone solve these simple issues. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH THIS CLOWN-SHOES OPERATION !!!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree