Tlg Great Fun / unauthorized bill of 11.99 to me debit card

1 Lexington, VA, United States Review updated:

My account has been charged 11.99 on 12/18/08. I have never heard of this company and have no ide4a where they got any authorization to charge me this amount. I then received a $10 "check" in the mail with a scam offer on a credit card.

Comments

• Li
      22nd of Dec, 2008

There is a lawsuit agains them but it depends on the state you are in. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/12/trilegiant_chase.html

I just accidentally got caught in this scam too so I'm scrambling to avoid the doom. I rented a hotel on Hotwire; a company I've used happily for years and I'm very disappointed in them for being connected with this scam artist. I clicked a link to "save $20" from my email confirmation from Hotwire. No idea I was going to another company's site. Stupid me! I put in my state and a password and clicked a button I thought would take me to get more info, but to my horror I had signed up and gave Hotwire permission to give them all my personal and credit card info. I emailed both them and hotwire to tell them I do not agree to sign up. I went to Great Fun's site and logged in and told them to take me off thier mailing list. I'm thinking of reporting my credit card lost so I can get a new number or I'll fear having to watch my statement for years to come.

• Go
      4th of Jun, 2009

I also received a Great Fun charge for $11.99. I had been studying abroad for the first 5 months of my "membership" (that I didn't even know existed) and unable to even see the charges coming into my shared account with my parents. They just paid and assumed that it was something that I was doing abroad. I called Great Fun and had them immediately cancel my account (you must be persistent, they will try to tell you how great it is). Cut them off, tell them you never wanted it and still do not want it and would like it to be canceled right away. After this, tell them that you would like to receive a fax number for Executive Support in order to receive a full refund for all months you have been charged by Great Fun. If you do these steps you should successfully no longer be charged and also receive a full refund for any charges you have had in the past. Good luck.

-Neil