Timeshare Release Now / release from timeshare contracts

So this is not as much a complaint as it is information for anyone else who contracted Timeshare Release Now, LLC, and is unable to contact Dustin Michaels (Dustin Lemelin) After nearly 3 weeks of unanswered phone calls, emails, and texts, I began searching Maine's various sites for Arrests, and obituaries. (not really thinking I would find anything, but again 3 weeks with no contact had gone by) I was shocked to find this:

This is confirmed by comparing to Google+ and Linkedin photos I could find. I've had no success in contacting anyone with any affiliation with his company who would potentially pick up his case load. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm just out the over $3 grand I paid his company to release me from my timeshare contract. I've already been in touch with the Attorney General's office in Maine, and they could not provide much assistance, other than to log a complaint. I'm hoping that anyone else attempting to reach Dustin comes across this post to know the lack of response is not due to being scammed. I'm also hoping that maybe Johnathan Phillips, or Jason G. (noted as representing Dusting in the past) are still viewing these boards, and can possible offer assistance with continue the work he started. I can't speak to those complaining that this company was a fraud. At worse, he wasn't the best with follow-up, but ultimately, I'd be able to reach out, and get a status updates, and keep the process moving along. Some issues I had in my experience, in case other went through the same things:
1. Trouble making the initial payment. Originally, I was told that a credit card would be accepted for payment...Ultimately I had to take a cash advance from my credit card and pay from my checking account. The big issue here was, there is no dispute protection on an ACH. Dustin complained that their merchant processing the payment never released the funds to him. (even though the funds were pulled from my account) He never did ask for any additional money, and did continue on my case.
2. As mentioned earlier, there were sometimes gaps in communication. On more than one occasion, I was told he'd be going over my paperwork, but never get a follow up on where we were. I'd have to call/text again, before he'd follow through.
3. Times he said he mailed off paperwork, that I never received a delivery confirmation for. I started requesting the tracking numbers. The most recent round of paperwork doesn't seem to have made it out before he passed...

Again, this is not meant to be a complaint as much as it is information for anyone else who contracted the services of Timeshare Release now, but is unable to reach Dustin. Also, My hope is that one of his affiliates will reach out with some type of direction.

Mi
Feb 6, 2018

Comments

• Ra
      16th of Feb, 2019

I am in the same boat as you. Sadly, I have heard that Jonathan has passed away as well. I have as also contacted the attorney general's office, BBB and secretary of the state with no help. To add to my frustration, I trusted him because I personally knew him and wasnt concerned at all at first but then the communication issues started...even after 3 years of arguing with him, I still had hope. So ashamed...sad for his family...
    Sorry for the hundreds of thousands he stole from people...