Thin Tabs / Collection Agency billing for canceled shipment!

1 United States

On Nov 6, 2006, I ordered a sample of Thin Tabs. After reading their Terms and Conditions, I immediately submitted a customer support ticket to cancel the trial (and any subsequent) shipments. The terms and conditions said shipments could be canceled prior to credit card billing. Even though the ticket to cancel was submitted on Nov 6, 2006, they shipped the diet pills anyway and charged my credit card $149.95 on Nov 21, 2006. I returned them since the shipment should have been canceled (even though their terms say no returns ). I have proof of receipt. I disputed the charge with with my credit card company and they obtained a credit from the billing company for Thin Tabs (IP SUPREMESALES) for $149.95. Thin Tabs turned this over to a collection agency in Moon Township, PA where they do not speak English (and don't seem to comprehend it either). I provided proof of all the information (and the charge to my account) and they say that Thin Tabs provided proof of the debt. This has affected my credit rating - it's showing as a seriously overdue bill - which was never overdue. Thin Tabs terms and conditions say do not call them - go to their customer support website. The only time I actually got through the extension I was given was assigned to a vacant desk. I am seeing numerous complaints similar to mine under Bad Business Bureau.com. How do I ever clear this up - calls to the collection agency are useless.