The Tax Club / Rip Off - Scam

1 NY, United States Review updated:

This seems to be a very common thread with all the postings, but I wanted to do my part to help you out. This is to avoid the money lost and headache that we had to go through. Please avoid this company! Here is our story:

They were not up front about all the costs. I paid $1500 and they said that it would cost me $30/mo and $37 filing fee at the start of each year and a tax filing for both me and my business partner. When we got it started, they dropped it on us that it costs $895 a year to renew. Plus only one personal tax return was given a year, not two.

When we asked to cancel we were told there is a %15 penalty for services rendered when there was no service done for us at all. Also, every single "tax consultant" that we spoke to was VERY impersonal and we wanted a "tax team" like we were promised.

When trying to get a hold of the person that sold me, he never answered nor did he return any phone calls. I had to threaten a lawsuit, just to get anybody that could fix our problem...Guess what, still not fixed.

Please ask about how much it costs to renew and about services included with the huge upfront cost. They misrepresented themselves to get quick money out of two honest individuals.

Go with a local tax advisor that you can trust. We are and a whole lot happier too.

Comments

Ta
  7th of Oct, 2009

I was led to the tax club after joining Real Estate Coaching program which turned out to be PMI. After trying to back out because I was unemployed and living on my savings, a very high preassure salesman told me I needed this because I could get a business line of credit which would allow me to take all of the money I invested on my small business and put it onto my corporate credit. Sounded great, but after paying $4500 for there most affordable package, I found out that the biz credit was a separate service which would cost an extra $3000. As if to compensate, he sends me an email saying that through my membership with the Tax Club I can benefit from their relationship with various credit cards and qualify for a biz credit card in 30 seconds. Wow! The only problem was that the credit companies had no knowledge of this so called "relationship."

Then I was told that my membership included a corporate service which would form an LLC and DBAs for me. They even gave me 4 DBAs for the price of 2. What a deal, huh? As it turns out, this "service" consisted of them downloading free PDF forms from the state website and filling in my name and address along with my LLC and DBA names, and then mailing them to me with instructions for me to send my fee to the state. The forms included a legal firm in Cinncinati listed as my Registering Agent. After talking to the State, I found out that I would be billed for this legal service. The Tax Club assured me that this legal service was included in my membership, but when I asked if it would still be included after my membership expired or was cancelled, they could not hel but admit that I would be responsible for paying for this "service." To top it off, the LLC/DBA forms were not filled out correctly, so I had to download them myself and fill them out. This took about 10 minutes. I then mailed them myself. They charged my credit card $149 for this "Corporate Service." When I finally managed to cancel and get a refund, they would only do so after retaining a 15% "Processing Fee."

Do not be swayed by these snake-oil salesman. They are deceptive and fraudulent. If there is a class action suit brewing, I would gladly sign on.

Jc
  28th of Feb, 2010

I was taken for app 30, 000 and still need another 15, 000 to get a web site and virtual office.i was unemployed and this is causing financial distress.Wish i never heard of these people.Will they refund your money, anything is a good thing for now??????

Ad
  12th of Oct, 2010

Hi!

My name is Adnan. My email address is,

salimimetal@hotmail.com.

If anyone knows The Tax Club contact details such as phone number then please email me at above email address.

I want to contact them.

Many thanks,

Adnan

Ad
  12th of Oct, 2010

Hi!

Does any body know the contact details of The Tax Club.com?

If you know their phone number then please send me their contact details at my email address,

salimimetal@hotmail.com.