The Book Depository / lost delivery/poor customer service/failure to refund
I ordered three books, and only one (the one apparently dispatched four days after the original two) arrived. I emailed them about 10 days later asking where it was and got quite a rude reply about international deliveries taking up to two weeks when i’m pretty sure it was a national one. So then three weeks later, i email again due to no sign of the books and they say they really should have arrived and ask me to double check with my local delivery office and then to confirm my address.
After all this, with various different unhelpful emails from various different customer advisors, they ask would i like a refund or a replacement, so seeing as one of the books was a present, i say i still would very much like the books so i’ll take a replacement. Then, i get a reply saying we can’t give you a replacement as ‘so many’ have gone missing (reminder-only 2)…why did they offer in the first place then?
So I ask for a refund then and get an automated email apologising about the order, and one of the lines says ‘unfortunately your title was out of stock’…which made me wonder were the books ever sent out in the first place? My delivery office has never messed up before, and the fact that they don’t even follow up missing orders (which would cost potentially a pretty penny for them) makes me think they never send out some orders at all.
They’ve definitely lost me as a customer and i’ll be making anyone else aware before they buy in the future.
More The Book Depository Complaints & Reviews
- Book Deal Trading LLC (Sharjah) - fasle commitment 
- The Book Depository - refund not full 
- Book Depository - no order arrived 
- The Book Depository - bad and rigid customer service 
- Book Depository Ltd. - only recieved 1 of 4 books 
- The Book Depository - shipping 
- The Book Depository - customer service at book depository service order reference bdu-718-90285266260
- The Book Depository - your book depository order bdu-432-85375365163 is on its way
- The Book Depository - the tibetan book of the dead / physical quality of the product
- The Book Depository - wrong books received