Teppermans / ripping people off

1 London, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

We purchased a love seat and couch and when we purchased it the salesman told us to take out the extended warranty and that it will cover any problems we will ever have during the warranty period. Our pillows have lost their shape and are coming off of the couch. We phoned and were told that the warranty does not cover pillows and just covers tears. This is a complete rip off and borders on fraud.

Va

Comments

• Ta
      3rd of Feb, 2009

Did you read the conditions & coverage of your extended warranty?

I have purchased the same warranty from Tepperman's and was explicitly told that it covered stains, spills and a variety of other accidents.

It is NOT a manufacturers warranty for wear and tear or workmanship - which is the problem you are describing.

I have, on 3 seperate occasions, put my extended warranty to good use and been very satisfied with the results.

I don't feel it is a rip off and certainly is not fraud!

• Mb
      21st of Apr, 2011

I had the same expeirience as the Windsor facility and was not impressed. They made it sound like I never had to worry about anything that could happen to the couch as this warrenty covered EVERYTHING! I had 3 small children at the time so it seemed like the logical thing to purchase. However, after having the couch for 4 months, all the seams on the seat coushins...and I mean ALL the seams, came apart. I was told that seams were not covered, however if my daughter took scissors to the entire couch that it would have been covered. Instead of pushing this warrenty on the furniture as though it is the best thing you will ever invest in, the sales people should explain exactly what ISN"T covered. I have also had to use the warrenty for several different reasons over the past two years and have had a great expierience with it. I still had to sew every single seat cushion, which of coarse looks terrible...

27th of Jul, 2016

I purchased something at Tepperman's 2 years ago and paid the amount in full last November. Now I get a phone call that I didn't pay administration fee and life insurance which I never asked for! I told them that and apparently I still have to pay it. It was not included in my invoice. Don't understand why I need to if its not on my bill. Will not be shopping at Tepperman's anymore!