Telstra / Connection Fee

Australia, Queensland, Brisbane Review updated:
I have rented flat in Spring Hill next to city and I asked from Telstra to provide me with the phone service.

On my first bill, I figured out the connection fee was 299 dollar. When I called Telstra representative, I was told

Since this is the first time, my flat gets connected to phone service therefore the connection fee is 299 dollars.

I am pretty sure there was no cabling job, because when the technician arrived to do the connection, I was at home and he spent just 10 mins to do the connection. I also doubt that it was the first connection for that flat.

I am wondering if there is any organisation that I can raise this issue to.

N  26th of Feb, 2008 by

Telstra Phone Co - Owing me money
Phone: 0359762674

After complaining to them that they put me into a wrong phone plan, after 4 months they phoned me and areed that if I go into their store in Main st Mornington and hand back there phone, I would get my refund of just over 600$, they said they would be a refund in the post inside 2 weeks, that was a month ago, and to this moment I have not recieved the said money, .( i returned the phone to the store that day they phoned)
A  27th of Mar, 2008 by
telstra are ###!
N  6th of Dec, 2009 by
When Telstra came to our house to re-connect our line (notice re-connect) because they had wired in a Pair-Gain Splitter, which stopped the ADSL signal. So the man came out and didn't even take a look at our junction box wiring which was really wired in a dodgy manner. I find this appauling that they didn't even think about looking at the wiring and now our internet runs at an eight thousanth of the speed that we pay for.

I think Telstra should be kicked out of being the main Telephone Provider as they are a ripoff and they don't train their contractors properly.

I have taken a picture of the wiring that didn't get looked at. Notice wires not twisted, that allows line noise which stops the ADSL signal from being strong. The wires for telephone also passes several power cables.
N  3rd of May, 2011 by
Calling continuously while I am working to do market research ids unacceptable.
N  6th of May, 2011 by
Is the $299 new connection fee standard. Considering Telstra does little to no work to connect the phone. I am living in a new flat when I wished to get the phone/Internet connected with a different Telco company the Telstra technician arrived, took the Phone socket from the wall, ran his machine over two connections. Went outside to the cable box, tagged another wire.
About 20 minutes work and 15 minutes procrastinating. Then informing me he could not connect the phone. I then had to get an Electrician to come in and install a cable. Connect wiring and only then was my Phone connected.
Telstra has the bloody hide to charge me $299 for basically flicking a switch. This means there are 18 Brand new Flats in my complex, each at $299 therefore $5382 plus $30 each per month for flicking 18 switches and not much more. What a rort.

Telstra Corporation Logo Telstra Corporation